Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just saw a commercial for AO on tv.

Woah, wait a sec. I just used a Comp Lit tutoring device and it says "Now it's cheap..."

That sounds to me like they were saying "You want abuse it? Now how do you like it?"

Are you sure it said "Now that's cheap..." before the exploit fix?

Exclamation

sounds like an exploit add instead of exploit fix
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

I suspect

That it the text is referring to the price break you get in shops when your comp lit is higher. I really doubt they intended the exploit.

- Tboo

Wink Ummm

I think the cheap was not a reference to exploiting, but a reference to the cost reduction you get with comp lit (like how the trader comp lit buffs reference comerce: Frequent Customer. Bulk Trader.) However, it is funny that it would say that when you exploit...

Question

do you really get that much of a discount with higher comp lit? i have never paid enough attention, i guess. how does it work then?
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Woah, wait a sec. I just used a Comp Lit tutoring device and it says "Now it's cheap..."

That sounds to me like they were saying "You want abuse it? Now how do you like it?"

Are you sure it said "Now that's cheap..." before the exploit fix?
    Oh ya. it said that before it was fixed. I saw people in the backs of the trade department maddly getting a message above their head as a blue swirl went around them. It used to be you could click an infinite amount of times, and it would keep on upping it. So YES, funcom ppl purposely put an exploit in the game. Now that people know about it they have deleted it because they want the exploits all to themselves.

Dont think so

I don't think that is the case odie, if Funcom wanted exploits they could have done a better job than that, but aside from that, the message could easily be pointing to the lessening of cost in shops as complit goes up. Maybe Cosmik could weigh in and tell us why it really says that.....

Funcom

quote : "Funcom put this exploit there because they want to keep it to themselves"

lol... Rofl... Odielag

Are you dumb??? A GM or Dev can start any character with the lvl and stats that he WANTS...

Do you really think they would need such cheap exploits as this??? If FC ppl want to have high comp lit, they just CREATE it lol.
    Are you making some kind of joke that i don't get??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12