Thread: Chain casting fixed? Yeah right

Chain casting fixed? Yeah right

When 2 NT mobs nuke 5 groupmates and 3 pets down in the matter of 15 seconds, I would deduce that chain casting is not fixed.

When I get ransacked 18 times by one mob during one fight, I would deduce that chain casting is not fixed.

When I have 11 instances of 'Nano Net' running in my NCU, I would deduce that chain casting is not fixed.

When I get nuked to death from full HP before I finish zoning, I would deduce that chain casting is not fixed.

Hi guys, can you fix chain casting mobs?

Pretty please?

Angry

same here. i'm sick of seeing my chat window filled with:

you hit mob for 400 points of poison damage
    attacked by mob
    you were attacked by nanobots for 800 points of blah blah damage
    mob forces your ncu to run greater pissing of of the lamer
    mob hits you for 300 points of projectile damage
    you were attacked by nanobots for 800 points of blah blah damage
    mob forces your ncu to run greater dog**** of instacast
    mob hits you for 300 points of projectile damage
    you were attacked by nanobots for 800 points of blah blah
    damage
    mob forces your ncu to run greater incompetence of funcom

changing area, please wait...

everything without an animation of course...

not to mention that i took of the aggro of a ql 193 slayerdroid with the 400 damage shot....

Wink exploiting mobs

Mobs exploit.. They should have nanos interrupt ranged initiatives like caster classes. That would nerf those overpowered, twink, exploiting mobs once and for all. Trader mobs won't shoot much when their multi-part nanos (cast/debuff/buff) interrupt ranged init 3 times like they do on players now..

Personally, I'm rather tired of getting nuked when I'm shot 3 times instantly afterward because mobs can shoot and nuke at the same time..

I'm thinking mob stats are way out of balance, too. So much so, that our debuffs to initiatives or skills do nothing.

I have no idea what their nano skills are at. Everyone who has used or seen huge debuffs knows they have no effect on human monsters. Did they calculate initiatives and nano skills twice the same way they did armor?

From Live Server Notes
    "Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. "
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

The nukes usually register in health bar before the nano animation even starts. The 3/6 patch only made things worse. Before it, mobs seemed to wait a bit before starting to chain. Now they start banging the moment you enter the room.

Angry Bump

Oh and don't forget... If you try to back up they will still cast on you THROUGH THE WALL!!

But then they've allways been able to aggro through walls... then "teleport" into your room through a solid wall. And Yes IMO FUCom is completely INCOMPETENT!!

Not always...

I just wanted to add a few experiences on this topic.

Chain casting still happens in 13.91.

Not all MOBS chain cast, even of the same type.

Chain casting seems to be per mission. If a mission sports a chaincaster, then all the monsters will have a faster then ususal cast time.

Chain casting is not dependent on mission sliders. Same setting might or might not produce a chain casting mission. You might want to check some randomly assigned variables here FC! Off course if there are a lot of nano dependent mobs, you will notice i much better...

Chain casting is not always negative. After the latest patch, mobs no longer do damage while throwing nanos (unless they cast very fast, then they also manage to squize in a shot or two). This means that they die faster, and a mob that dies faster is a good mob

Casting through walls? If they had to abort their nanos when you "accidentaly" dove for cover, it would be a situation very easy to exploit. mobs are not very intelligent (to put it mildly...), so I think we should let them keep that little advantage... (what happens if a mob goes behind cover while you throw at them? I don't have any aggressive nanos, so I don't know...)