Thread: Please fix chain/insta casting...

Angry Please fix chain/insta casting...

I'm a level 59 Trader. I found this static type cave in Clon****, it had green-yellows mostly and a few oranges. Nothing too hard. The layout is a cave type with the fireplace. I went there twice, the mobs and layout was the same.

The NT's I ran into casted 1 or 2 nukes spread apart, and fired normally. Other mobs casted roots once and as normal.

I went back an hour or so later, just because I was crusing around in my Yalm and thought it was a cool place for a change of pace.

I went back in, same mobs, in the same rooms. I'm working my way through, and I come across the NT. I deprive him, and before I know it, I have a sliver of health, I try heal up, then die. This happened in about 15 seconds.

I scroll up, and saw this damage from Nukes (cold, Projectile, Fire Nanos):

He was firing as well for about 50 a pop. I got 5 shots in and barely made a dent with a QL 130 Vektor. My Armor is all Secundus Decus (QL 60ish), with the AC coat as well. I'm not an uber QL 200 everything twink. I have about 1400 Health (Solitus).

This is crazy, there is something wrong that one mission or static cave can be normal, and another can be so nasty.

I never stood a chance, that's over 2000 points of damage in seconds.

It's bad enough camping a mission booth for the item you want, only to have to delete the mission because it's impossible with NT's and Traders chain casting, most of it while firing.

Please fix this for the next patch, if nothing else.

Yeah, i have also posted about this serious bug, and im disappointed that nothing seems to have been done about this in the upcoming patch.

I would appreciate if FC made the next patch into a bug fix ONLY patch. You need to put resources into bug fixing. When this is done you can add more content.
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."

This is like the 50th post on this issue that I've bumped, but here goes...
    *bump*
    This is, in my mind, the most important bug that needs fixing in the game currently. It affects anyone who does missions... And that's a lot of people...

Aye, nothing more frustrating as a fixer to bump into those chaincasting menace. Since i use a ranged weapon to earn my keep i have no way to interrupt them.

Running won't help, i've tried, their range is ridiculous. Sometimes they won't even cast at all, but when they do =( ... i usually wake up at the term and wait to recollect my stuff. And will usually log-off pissed at those nano-casting freaks.

Even worse since they usually are a few levels below myself and i should have a good chance against them.

Well, being unable to interrupt is not restricted to ranged classes. I am a lvl 95 MA, with real fast damage output - interlaced with Brawls and a ~300pt BwT every 8 seconds or so. Let me tell you this: I am yet to interrupt a nuke ONCE. Be it from orange, green or gray. The whole nuking system is one huge bug. One thing I noticed, the damage is subtracted from health bar BEFORE nano animation even starts.

I have to agree... only a 50 MA here, but I hit pretty darn fast, and I can honestly say that I can recall exactly 6 interrupts I've ever managed. They were mostly against greens, and were either heals or roots. Never a nuke or DoT, ever.

Ok, so you can't interrupt.

Nano Resist doesn't work.... I have fewer resists to my name than I do interrupts.

So basically... I should play an NT cause they're gods.

Oh, silly me, I do play a small one.. lvl 12. I can count on fumbling at least one nano EVERY FIGHT. Every single one.

How come NPC's never fumble nanos?
    How come interrupts are so rare as to be pointless?

I had a mob finish casting AFTER I STUNNED IT WITH BRAWL!!!!!

Funcom.... fix this garbage. Wake up, realize the serious, gameplay effecting mistakes, and FIX THEM.