Thread: 14.2 and the economy

14.2 and the economy

I have quit for a few months and come back twice since launch and found the economy differen't after each time.

Obviously stat changes to items make them more or less valuable after a patch.

For instance the rings of power went down after it was discovered they were not a % and patched to reflect that change.

I was just wondering what all this would do to the value of different items.
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

Well, rings of power mostly went down due to screwup with loot system. In one grand sweep, all weapons/armor/nanos disappeared from misison chests, and stuff that was rare (like rings, vehicles and NCU gear) got much less rare. After that patch, I found more rings in one week than I found during previous 7 months of playing.

Things I predict about economy:
    Nanoprogrammers will get more work - people are likely to upgrade their implants more often, and go for custom-built stuff.
    Doctors will benefit too, cause Treatment buffs will be VERY much in demand. Basic implants over ql125 will definitely go up.

People with skill buffs (traders/mp) will still get lots of work, but now lower guys will find a market for wrangles less than 132. Skill buffers will also get more invited to groups. People are likely to carry several weapon sets - one for groups that have a wrangler, one for groups that don't.

Post-140 scene is not likely to change at all. These guys can still go 200 and remain well under 20%

Gear: I don't think there will be increased gear demand, other than maybe NCU memory - so that if group has a trader, there's space to hold a wrangle in addition to all regular combat stuff.