Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Places and Things of Interest

More!

Surely there are more interesting things in RK - please post what you have found!

static dungeons

Probally everyone knows this.. but yet I have seen no mention of it in this post..

But for the very new newbie players.. In Athen.. ( and Im almost certain other cities too..) there are at least 5 different dungeons right there IN the city.. they look good for about lvls 2 - thru - 6.

Rosey

Re: Not so much a strange place but......

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    This tread made me think of this for some reason. Has anyone ever seen the "bathroom" room in the subway missions with the guy upside down and his head in a toilet? I have a screenie but nowhere to post it (still use geocities).
    Yeah, I've a SS too, very amusing, FC sure do like toilets...

I wanted to take a screen shot of the miniature Galaway model, but I can't find it again (found it by accident ages ago). Where is that again? Is it over by the "Y" sector where the road splits?

Originally posted by Overload
    I wanted to take a screen shot of the miniature Galaway model, but I can't find it again (found it by accident ages ago). Where is that again? Is it over by the "Y" sector where the road splits?
    Yup...

Mini Galway is in area Y. If you face BB with your back pointing towards Galway castle, you should take the left road, and you 'll see miniature galway castle on your right hand.
    Obscene - Unit leader of Storm

Ok, thought it was at the "Y", but it has been a long long time since I have been there. Thanks for the info.

A lot have been mentioning dungeons to hunt and such, but are there more "sight-seeing" places? Sometimes you just stumble across them.

BTW, I am currently playing AO and DAoC, and I am posting really good screen shots on my DAoC guild page to show them how beautifull this game is. So what I am looking for are some jaw dropping graphical locations.

There may be more than one mini-Galway. I didn't find one on a hill, but I *did* find one in the middle of a swamp... hmmm.

People know about this, but there is an Omni outpost in the southern part of Avalon. It's within a giant crater and covered with a transparent dome. Outside you'll find mini-domes and ninja/slayerdroids on patrol. Inside, you'll find a set of basic shops, two sets of advanced shops... and a juggernaut. Oh, and this is one of the only places I've ever seen trooper NPCs in battlesuits... they're known as 'Shock Troopers.'

Andromeda has tons of cool surprises. Zone into it ASAP from Clon****'s eastern side and go north and slightly east towards the Stret and you'll find the fabled ICC headquarters. Not very interesting, and hard to find on foot or w/o a map, but fun. Due west and somewhat south, aaaaaall the way across the zone, is Terra, another OT city. Boring place, but large and very pretty. Up in the north and center is a small OT village with advanced vendors. Due north of there is a zone to 4 Holes... and, if you go just across the river, you'll find a great little hunting spot for a ~30-35 soloist. Easy mobs, and it's fun, quiet, peaceful, meditative hunting alongside a river. Just don't go across the eastern creek or northwards.

In the OT outpost in Broken Shores, in the northwesternmost building, you'll find a small dungeon of sorts with one large room and a closet. Inside the closet is a VERY aggressive Hardened Criminal who will probably hit you with a sizable dot. Don't go in there unless you're 60+... or don't open the closet.

In Borealis, near the fixer shop, there's an outhouse. Serious. A bathroom with several urinals and stalls.

Got a yalm? That outpost you see across the river as you zone into Lush Fields from Trade is the OT outpost to Pleasant Meadows due south of Mutant Domain. I always thought it was there for show, but you can actually choose to go to Harry's *or* this outpost, relatively quickly.

Speaking of boats, if you fly north of 4 Holes to Stret West Bank, you'll find a little neutral dock with a boat to - of all places - Stret East Bank. I presume there's a sister dock in SEB. Good way to cross the river if you're a young neutral who can't use the grid (if, for some reason, you WANT to go to Stret East). West of the docks is a VERY cool bridge leading to Holes In The Wall.

Hey, did somebody say Stret East? Fly east of 2HO until you come to the cliffs with all the dungeon caves in them. Now fly south. Eventually you'll come to a little town around a bay and an interestingly-named peninsula...

We all know about the City of Home, right? No longer such a cool little secret place like it was way back when, is it? Well, there's still something fun to be had. Start running right out of the west gates of Home and just keep going 'til the dirt road curves northwards. Assuming you don't get eaten by vultures or sandworms, you'll eventually come across two pillars in the desert, covered in skeletons. They look kinda ceremonial, but their purpose is inscrutable... and if you go north of there, you'll find those cool canyons.

There are several Clan outposts in Wailing Wastes that are just sitting there. Just FYI.

You can get on top of the buildings and towers in Omni Entertainment, and probably in most other cities as well. Fun place to hang out, and great to freak people out if you jump off and fall into the BB crowd. Banzai!

Tons of things to see in Southern Fouls Hills... make sure you bring a plane or are pretty fast, though...

Check out some of the stops along the irrigation canal in Galway County. You can even head downriver, for fun!

From the mass drivers in Clon****, go south. You'll eventually find an OT outpost and a little town. Quite a walk though.

There's a little watershed just south of the West Athen/Old Athen bridge in Athen Shire. Before I got my plane, I would always jump off the bridge and swim to the watershed and heal up from the shots the Athen guards took at me.

In one of the towns in 4 Holes (not the ones with the grid or whompa), there's a building marked 'Guild Houses.' Inside are tons of boxes, a few symbols, and one sign saying "Omni-Tek Officers Only!" Also in that same general area is a little building marked 'Computers Inc.' which has inside it a secretary's desk and a larger desk with a portrait behind it. It's a nice, large area, perfect for a guild meeting, and very well secluded.

In eastern Newland desert there's a river of toxic waste and a tall mountain range (go north and east of the Rhinoman valley). At one point there is a precarious rope bridge over the sludge river, as well as a couple merchants. In addition, there are tons of clan guards protecting a tunnel through the mountains. Presumably, this eventually leads to the Plains of Salt, which aren't there yet.

Check out the rows of Enigma Trees in CAV. Spoooooooky!

just a few to add to the list. I loved the outpost in EFP with the radio chatter. freaked me out.

Avalon, south of town i think, there is an Omni outpost with several large domes. Inside these domes are random mobs fighting each other in a 0% zone i think.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

BB Slaughterhouse

In Galway Country, not far from the grid terminal (east I think) is the slaughterhouse for the Bronto Burger enterprize.

This one may have been too obvious for you rabid explorers out there, but I thought it was fun when I first encountered it.

Incan City

In Andromeda (way up north central I believe), there is what appears to be an Incan city now occupied by OT guards and vendors.

Question ...

Originally posted by Gerinn
    In eastern Newland desert there's a river of toxic waste and a tall mountain range (go north and east of the Rhinoman valley). At one point there is a precarious rope bridge over the sludge river, as well as a couple merchants. In addition, there are tons of clan guards protecting a tunnel through the mountains. Presumably, this eventually leads to the Plains of Salt, which aren't there yet.
    You mean the one that leads to Rhino Cockpit? Nice and popular clan hunting spot for mid 20s to mid 30s (there is a scanner nearby).

Aha, is that it? I'm kinda OT... so...

A couple more to mention for the "X-Files" type crowd.....South of Athens and I believe SE of The Rising Sun there is a mountian that looks EXACTLY like the face of mars picture...Freaked me out first time I noticed it. Then there is the giant footprint across the road just west of mutant domain outpost. Then there is my favorite dungeon of all time.......If you're clan or neutral and get a mission in TIR you will ocassionally zone in and be looking staight down the throat of a giant snake. The entire mission is inside the body of the snake. ..........I know the vets know about these but they are quite interesting to the few newbs that are out there.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

p.s. oh yea almost forgot.....speaking of Rising Sun.......if you have never been there on foot it's a cool find. The only way up (with exception of a yalm or some serious mountain climbing) is through a hidden passage behind a waterfall.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

Also the Blue Notum trees in Andromada? makes a good tourist stop for pictures.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

right next to the grid in clon**** are some early colonist relics (just past the BB stand)

hmm, can't remember anymore ATM because I did most of my exploring months ago .
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Cool Swimming pools and diving boards

There is an Omni-Mining outpost not far from 4 Holes. Just follow the road across the bridge.

On your left is a large indoor swimming pool with a diving board.

On the same note I noticed for the first time in Lush Fields resort that there is an automated diving board. Climb on board and it takes you up to a substantial height - then jump!

Somewhere in Central artery Valley there is a huge building complex with some really aggressive mobs, if your carful enough you can spot a robot called Marvin, he's a take of the hitchhikers guide robot that was always miserable.

Originally posted by Dansk

Yup... :D

Mini Galway is in area Y. If you face BB with your back pointing towards Galway castle, you should take the left road, and you 'll see miniature galway castle on your right hand.
    wow, *that* is efficient use of our computers rendering power! Heh! ;oD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12