Thread: FTL Protest March Sunday

FTL Protest March Sunday

The Free Trade League – a group campaigning for the removal of trade restrictions on Omni shops towards Neutrals – will be holding a protest march on

Sunday 17th July at 16:30 GMT ( 12:30 PM Eastern ).

Well-wishers are welcome to join us on the day to show their support.

The march will take the protesters through many of the key Omni and Neutral towns. The aim is to raise awareness of the issues and of the FTL itself. The exact route of the march will only be announced closer to the time due to security concerns.

The Free Trade League at present comprises Devil’s Advocate, Elite Operations, the Independent Rubikans, Omni-Mining, RUR and the South Rubi-Ka Society. If you or your organisation is interested in supporting the Free Trade League, please contact Dabblez, Swiftmind, Trybes or Yarko.

More information on the FTL campaign can be found here http://rubika.no-ip.com/RUR/misc/ftl.htm

[ -Edited because I am a moron ]
    [ -Edited for time change ]
    Last edited by Savoy; Jul 14th, 2005 at 18:08:33.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Sunday 13th July at 18:00 GMT ( 2 PM Eastern )
    Pathetic Solitus. You think that by simply manipulating the days of the week you can easily eliminate any of those who oppose the FTL from confronting your protest?

(( Perhaps you mean the 17th of July ))
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

The date was right! It's clearly was sabotaged by the NLF!

(( oopsies!))

Omni-Mining plans to take part in this march.

(( Brillant come back Savoy ))

It should be noted that the next Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting will be held on Sunday 17th July at 18:00 GMT, the exact same time as this "protest march" is scheduled.

All affiliate representatives are expected to be at the meeting. Official Omni-Tek business, especially of this magnitude, takes precedence over any and all side projects that you are involved in.

Additionally, if this event is to be held then it must be changed from a "protest march" to an "awareness event", as publically protesting company policy is both illegal and inappropriate. Measures should also be taken to ensure an appropriate number of Omni-Pol officers are overseeing the event and that all necessary papers have been filed with Omni-Admin and Omni-Reform.

If the above requirements are met then any Omni-Tek citizens who are not required to attend the meeting may participate in this event. However, you MUST demonstrate absolute exemplary behavior at all times. This event coincides with Interim CEO Zora's first meeting with a large number of influential Omni-Tek personnel. Any action taken during this time that would embarrass the CEO or the Corporation is unacceptable.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Mr. Stroud

If you could be so kind as to give the location of the affiliate meeting I'm sure the members of the "awareness event" would be happy to begin their march from that point, thereby allowing affiliate members to show their support for this cause and still attend their meeting with Mr. Zora.

I would think this could also give Mr. Zora a wonderful opportunity to address these concerns prior to his meeting with the affiliate members, as I'm sure we would all be interested in hearing his thoughts on the subject
    As we continue to break the bonds of slavery, our numbers will continue to grow. NLF, Till All Are Free.

*Miremeld guids the huge cargo tanker on to the parcel of land just east of R.U.R.'s main city complex. With a slight cloud of grass particles and left over Kryz'Ock goo the cargo tanker lands gently. With a clip board in hand she beings guiding the dozen of milly bots loading the needed regulated documents. All quadruple copies, with orginals in black in on white paper, second copy blue ink on yellow paper, third copy red ink on yellow paper and fourth copy white ink on black paper. Checking off as each form is loaded in order to insure that when it is off-loaded they will be in proper order.

These include:
    -Awarness forms
    -Request for an Omni-Pol squad to be present
    -signed affidatives from all participants accepting responsibility and accountability on their own actions
    -and many other required forms that Omni-Tek Administration requires for such events.

Then, she instructs the Milly bots to begin loading at the front the entire copy of the Omni-Tek employee and corporation manual and policies. All highlighted and marked with yellow stickynotes to the exact location of each rule and regulation that is deamed needed for these marches. Just incase the crats want to try to throw up a road block and to let them know, Miremeld the R.U.R. accountant has read the entire thing, knows the entire thing, and can supply them with as many copies their warehouses can hold and R.U.R.'s robots can print.*

*sigh* I should have went to bartending school....
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Please note the start time of the "Awareness Event" is now 16:30 GMT (12:30 EDT) due to the Omni-Tek Board of Director meeting.

And remember Free Trade is Happy Trade!

OOC: Just as a note to the affiliates, the new CEO will Not be attending this meeting. Currently he is still in space flight to Rubi-ka having just been appointed the position, but we expect him to arrive soon. As well we don;t expect this meeting to be a long meeting, it is more a formality meeting for the steps to be taken before the CEO arrives and a update on current assignments.

Anyway, Just didn't want to get false hopes that he would be there when we never said he would. We will be sure to make his arrival public however

back to your regularly scheduled thread

Cheers

Social
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

All the the proper paperwork has been received. Thank you for the prompt response and for making accomodations for the upcoming Affiliate Meeting. I wish you success in your upcoming awareness event activity.

Regarding the meeting, I unfortunately have some bad news. I have recently received a memo informing me of the status of Interim CEO Zora.

This may come as a total surprise and shock, but I have just been informed that Mr. Zora will Not be attending the meeting. Currently he is still in space flight to Rubi-ka having just been appointed the position, but we expect him to arrive soon.

I don't want to give false hope that he would be there even though I previously said he would. Omni-Tek will be certain to make his arrival public.

You may return to your regularly scheduled Awareness Event planning.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

The assembly point will be Borealis, by the Grid on Sunday 17th July at 16:30 GMT ( 12:30 PM Eastern ).