Thread: You have windows xp? You cant make scripts

Angry You have windows xp? You cant make scripts

Today I just realised if you have xp you CANT make scripts bc you cant remove the file extension, no if ands or buts. You need to make a way for us xp uses to have scripts. Make the script command able to convert txt to untext, a ao-tool something!!!
    Leader of Shadow Company

Guild's URL
    http://www.pantang.com/~kaelesh/

this order
    start--> run--> cmd... opens dos wannabe windows.
    Type copy con testscr
    /say I'm a wannabe <enter>
    CTR + Z <enter>
    whalla script
    if you need to remove the *.txt extension open the cmd window again type ren test.txt test
    whalla .txt removed...
    Last edited by AkodoReign; Mar 30th, 2002 at 07:16:15.

You may want to become a enforcer... less taxing..

You can also remove the pos default winblows hide extension option. tools->folder options->view, then uncheck the "hide extensions for known types". Now you can see extensions, so you can change them.

... I am running WinXP Pro and it doesnt give me any problem making scripts ...
    -Krachur
    A.K.A. PsycoPig

5q34l l1k3 4 p1g...

wonders privatly why he's typing this message, prolly out of bordem.
    starts humming songs inside his head.......

jumps up and down a few times......

sets his pet to attack just to see it run its head into the wall......

watches in vain as once again the bot gets stuck this time on a table....

watches his health slowly go down as he trys to pull the mob around the table so the bot can attack it....

Sees a flash of light as reclaim terminal looms menicingly ahead....

goes and gets his stuff from reclaim and waits for side effects to wear off......

types this message while he waits......

oh wait back to more monster bashing goodness.......
    Last edited by AkodoReign; Apr 1st, 2002 at 08:23:53.

Heh, I'm using both WinXP and PS2 and a myriad of other things.

The procedure of making scripts is exactly the same no matter if you use winxp, win98 or most other OSs.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Whould you like me to use better grammar and check what I type? Do you really think I bother to proread? All I was saying, from what I tried there was a way to remove file extension in xp but as you so rude pointed out how to open dos. I would say thanks but since your were rud, **** off.

BTW I have xp bc I needed an upgrade from 95, its faster then all the other windows, has alot more features and oh yea it is more stable. And I have alot of experence with comps. Does your 6 year old build her own comps and fix other peoples? If I would use someone else comp to make scripts I would have to make them, put them on my comp, test them, go to that other comp fix it, retest, go back to make it just rite and why would I bother to do all that?

And on a second note I have a 130 IQ so I do believe I'm smart. Though I dont think I'll reply to what ever comments you make next bc I dont care.
    Leader of Shadow Company

Guild's URL

actualy i was rather rude and i will edit my post and appologize i took out on you the fustration i had in real life and for that i am ashamed. sorry

XP and scripts

OK, open the folder where the scripts are, click on tools, then folder options, now click on view, now un-click the "hide extentions for file types" click ok at the warning pop-up, now click apply ok, and you can drop the .txt file extention

All the best
    caloss2
    HRM Officer 3305 Local
    http://semiautomatic.com/3305/

or do it all at a command prompt i like it better that way makes me feel more in control

Appology accept, we can all have bad days and be mean easily.
    Leader of Shadow Company

Guild's URL

I have a few scripts that I've never bothered to remove the extension from, and I just access them with their full name, with file extension, no problem.

Like forth said,

instead of : /macro heal /script heal
    try: /macro heal /script heal.txt or /macro heal /script "heal.txt"
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Even better, get a real text editor like UltraEdit and forget notepad ever existed
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !