Thread: Lots of items missing from store inventories...

Lots of items missing from store inventories...

Since the last numbered patch all kinds of items are missing from store inventories, and Funcom is acting like they dont know what I'm talking about. Blessed With Thunder can longer be purchased. Last patch stated they made a slight "adjustment" to it. Now it cant be purchased from MA machines at all. Was it changed to a mission item only? If so, why didnt I see anything regarding this change. Also GE Man-Portable Laser can not be purchased from machines any longer, was its status changed too? And if so, why is there no documentaion? Omni-Pol Recruit armor has been removed out of the machines and only limited types and styles are availble. These are totally broken. And why isnt Funcom acknowledging this? Any information from players would be appreciated. Because I know Funcom doesnt have any answers.

Armor shops are now completely and totally FUBAR!!!!!!!

I can't find any good armor in armor shops as it is not only almost always gloves, but usually armor that no one would ever want, like lowtech armor, and flak armor. As you go up in levels and go to the more advanced shops, you see a lot of organic and graft. Once again, there is still an abundance of gloves and boots. What in god's name happened to the armor shops? Why is the selection so terrible? Armor is completely "find only" now.

I'm starting to suspect that you are slowly trying to "fix" the messed up economy by instead of creating new money sinks, you are decreasing the need to spend money at all, thereby making money almost useless.

Oddly enough, the current biggest money sink is tradeskills! I find that rather ironic since tradeskills were originally intended to be a way for players to MAKE money.

I reported this on the Fourms along time ago

Yup..it's fairly old.
    I miss LadyE.

So tired of only finding steel ribbed boots in the armor shops.
    Let us buy something.
    Why did it have to take me 30 minutes to find a ql 50 mc cluster?
    Down with boring timesinks!
    Get rid of random shop inventory
    Do it for the children!

Where would the harm be in an armor machine having all items of all suits of armor? You type in the QL you want, or drag a slider, and then it scales the cost and everything, then you buy it, walk out happy...

Or perhaps the time sink of making us run shop to shop is just too much fun??

None of the problems they're facing with random number generation (just see my other post here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17316 ) would be a problem if either a: they figured out where they're going so terribly wrong that they're breaking something as simple as random number generation and assignment, or b: they just take out the idea of random armor cycling in the shops, take off the extra load on the server of having to generate and remember what armor is in what shop, and just let us choose the armor we want.

Bah.
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

I can understand the desire to keep some armor types - as well as all armor above ql 125 - available only through adventuring. Cash is too easy to accumulate. However, if a certain line is being offered in stores, please make it refresh now and then. It's been a VERY long time since I last saw a Flowers Tech helmet in a store.

funcom is fubar

Yup, the shops are whack-o... Some types of armor never show up. The thing is - yeah, we can mission for it... But do you really want to have to find a whole new suit of armor through missions every 5 levels? You'd have to do nothing but missions your whole AO career, never seeing the light of day... :/

*BUMP* The shops now rotate once every patch, that's it. And they all contain them same inventory until then

Originally posted by Nietya
    Where would the harm be in an armor machine having all items of all suits of armor? You type in the QL you want, or drag a slider, and then it scales the cost and everything, then you buy it, walk out happy...

Or perhaps the time sink of making us run shop to shop is just too much fun??

None of the problems they're facing with random number generation (just see my other post here: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17316 ) would be a problem if either a: they figured out where they're going so terribly wrong that they're breaking something as simple as random number generation and assignment, or b: they just take out the idea of random armor cycling in the shops, take off the extra load on the server of having to generate and remember what armor is in what shop, and just let us choose the armor we want.
    Best Idea i've heard in a long time - everyone would be happy.
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Lol!! Shops are whacked... The other night, an implant shop in Newland basic shop tried to sell me cans of soda!

"You have created a cola-can implant of caffeine, which adds to the stat "staying up late" +20 hours" lol

Angry

BUMP! DAMN IT DO SOMETHING FUNCOM!

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy
    Lol!! Shops are whacked... The other night, an implant shop in Newland basic shop tried to sell me cans of soda!

"You have created a cola-can implant of caffeine, which adds to the stat "staying up late" +20 hours" lol
    actually .. you probably grabbed the soda machine on the other side of the wall. its a small bug.. ive done it before.. sure is funny though
    Fixer: Psst. I can get you out to Eatern Foul Plains in a hurry.
    Player: /shout "Group looking for one more for mision in Home". Be gone Fixer you are blocking my view.