Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this might not be popular but..........

facts and fictions

I'm not gonna burn myself on this discussion, but I have here in my hand 2 shining creds and I want to spill them.

Facts:

Engi pets are better then MP pets.
    Crat pets suck, even my little 6 month old niece keeps better aggro.
    MP pets are great, when you buff em up and factor in the anima's which everyone has (if not, I have loads in backpacks on rubi 2)
    NT nukes are better then MP nukes, tho not good enough to be competative and through buffs MP's can cast theirs considerably sooner.

more facts (as they should be this time):

Engi's are the masters of bot creation (discription) and the masters of tradeskill.
    Crats are masters of cruod control (only a side note about assistants in the discription).
    NT's are the masters of nano TECHNOLOGIE and nuking (scuse the caps)
    MP's are the masters of nano MANIPULATION (scuse caps again)

How it should be, and I'm talking soloplay, teaming brings in too many variables and arguements that can't be considered realistic because one is seldom in a perfect team.

Engi's are the masters of pets and as such should be able to selfcast pets which allows them to compete with any other selfcast pet in the game. They are also the masters of tradeskll and should have tradeskill buffs. Tradeskills are broken and the only function they have at this time is to equip LLTS and use higher Q trimmers. Give the engi's these buffs! Engi's highest selfcast/selfbuffed pet cannot compete with the 2 main selfcast/selfbuffed (a lot more) pets of MP's. When 14.2 hits and the engi's need to retain their mocham's in order to be able to control their high pets he will be stuck with orange pets throughout with the MP still at bloodred. So eventhough he can have an MP buff to make him cast a higher Q pet, it will not do him any good. The only way to combat this without giving engi's mat crea and T&S buffs is to lower requirements on engi pets.

Crats are not a bad class. Their crowd control is needed in any team that wants to do missions way above their level. The ninja bot is an ok damage dealer, just a lousy tank. As it is now, when mobs start dropping quicker, the crat loses effectiveness and slowly goes obsolete (not unlike my doc class) after 14.2, crats will be in high demand in high level teams I think, and that's a good thing!

NT's suck. Their nukes need either be quicker or harder and they should be whiped from the hatelist completely. They have no means of defense. Nice to have a 765 point absorption screen, but it doesn't do you much good when you get critted for 1200. Hums are to slow to be effective in teamplay for an NT, only in solo it helps him and even then it takes ages for an NT to solo even a 50% mission. They should have a serious mat crea buff and I think our (docs) instinctive control would be better placed on an NT then on a doc. It should be more too, like 150+. FunCom: this class needs help! give em stun back and make em 70% resistable and ffs, fix nano resist!

MP's are uber, don't dare deny it, you know it's true. I once heard a lvl 89 MP say that MP's weren't uber because she could "only" solo Q127 missions. When I told her that she was the only class that could do such a thing completely on her own, she was amazed. They have everything, 3 pets (never underestimate the power of the mez pet, every target switch is 3 non hits = -2K damage from a real mean. Don't say it's useless because it doesn't root/mez a mob for 15 minutes). High level nanoskill buffs, decent enough nukes (nice bonus you must agree) and great pet buffs. Don't chastise em for this though and don't cry nerf, they are a fixed class and are fixed well (except for pathing but that's not solely an MP problem) just hope your class will one day be as fixed as MP's. Since they are the masters of nanomanipulation, the buffs belong right where they are and shouldn't change place.

end conclusion: Blame FunCom!

greetingzz

-mah
    Last edited by M@hdi; Apr 18th, 2002 at 14:37:58.
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12