Thread: PVP Grace period

PVP Grace period

Today I found myself somewhat outnumbered in 2ho as usual, and got stuck in ye olde bunker. So I did what I usually do, made a run from bunker to grid, which is easy to do in 15 seconds with a runbuff. Welp, I made my run, and with 4 seconds left on grace and just as I was about to click the grid terminal, what do you think happens? "Attacked by syrah". After that im ofcourse promptly shot dead by him and the 5ish others camping there.

Good stuff for whoever got the kill, but I distincly remember reading about a fixed grace period like 4-5 patches ago.

FIX THIS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! argh!

=)
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

Lag between the server and your comp?
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Each you got ****ty ISP
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I don't care what it is! If it says 15 seconds, then I expect it to be 15 seconds, as would anyone else.

And no, i dont play on a modem. I play on a 2mb link
    phonokol - geremi - dousk - matica [apoc]

its comp lag
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

that and a exploit used by enf's and soldies tricking the comp into thinking u attacked and u havent evened zoned yet.

me p4 1.9
    win xp and nt (2 comps dont ask)
    1 gig ram
    800 up 800 down isp cable modem
    64 meg gforce 2 ti 200

still to this day get killed befoe i zone

so no it is not the isp it is not the comp

GET IT THRU UR SKULLS FC CANT FIX THIS

they are as inmcompennat as colonel klink from hogans heros

or mebbe its just crappy code? I have no idea how I could exploit grace period and I dont see what I could possibly do. And I doubt that anyone really exploited when this happened either. Prolly just another synch issue.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

It was probably lag or some sync prob, but it doesn't really matter what it is...if it say I have 5 sec left, I want my 5 sec..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by besheba
    that and a exploit used by enf's and soldies tricking the comp into thinking u attacked and u havent evened zoned yet.

me p4 1.9
    win xp and nt (2 comps dont ask)
    1 gig ram
    800 up 800 down isp cable modem
    64 meg gforce 2 ti 200

they are as inmcompennat as colonel klink from hogans heros

me p4 1.9 <--- ok....

win xp and nt (2 comps dont ask) <----NT is for w-o-r-k-s-t-a-t-i-o-n-s
    1 gig ram <-- if you get killed while zoning, this smells like bull****

800 up 800 down isp cable modem<-- if you get killed why zoning this smells like bull****

64 meg gforce 2 ti 200 <--- OK-ish card

I'm on a P4 1.6ghz [overclocked asus p4t mobo]

Geforce 2 32mb

512 mb ram

128k [only] cable from Turkey -> the US

and I zone fast as hell, never get killled why zoing, I think it's because you're running WinXP [****] and WinNT [for workstations]

I personally run Win2000, it's good for games (anyone who says otherwise doesn't know how to customize an OS)

XP IMHO is ****, and allthought Win2k is based on the NT kernel, (as the OS arrogantly boasts) they are designed for different purposes.....

just some FYI
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

BTW 90% of the time, if you have a ping of 100> - 250ish, and you get lag (time displacement....hitting a monster without dmg showing up on the screen, etc etc etc) its server lag

If you're ping is ok-ish...300-475ish and you're getting that kind of lag, it's about a 50/50 chance between YOUR packet loss (Even on a TCP tunnel) and FC's server lag

If you're ping sucks totally 475ish < and you get that type of lag, then you just suck...lol

If you're getting 'choppy' framerates, 99% time, reguardless of your ping, (can be 1 or 1000) it's your ****ty gfx card

If you've got a 'good' gfx card and you're getting choppy framerates then customize the bastard..
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

2ho = lag when crowded.
    set ur view distance to max, and sometimes you only see people when they are 20m in front of you.

Unhappy should work

Should be fixed were you zone out when you load your grace starts. If you lag for while your in grace the timer already going it probably be displayed incorrectly. Then again omni like train guards by grid to break grace for them so who knows :\

Originally posted by mot

me p4 1.9 <--- ok....

win xp and nt (2 comps dont ask) <----NT is for w-o-r-k-s-t-a-t-i-o-n-s
    1 gig ram <-- if you get killed while zoning, this smells like bull****

800 up 800 down isp cable modem<-- if you get killed why zoning this smells like bull****

64 meg gforce 2 ti 200 <--- OK-ish card

I'm on a P4 1.6ghz [overclocked asus p4t mobo]

Geforce 2 32mb

512 mb ram

128k [only] cable from Turkey -> the US

and I zone fast as hell, never get killled why zoing, I think it's because you're running WinXP [****] and WinNT [for workstations]

I personally run Win2000, it's good for games (anyone who says otherwise doesn't know how to customize an OS)

XP IMHO is ****, and allthought Win2k is based on the NT kernel, (as the OS arrogantly boasts) they are designed for different purposes.....

just some FYI
    your right i have win 2000pro , my mistake you know how us old foggies who used dos 5.0 and win 3.0 are

Re: should work

Originally posted by Blanch
    Should be fixed were you zone out when you load your grace starts. If you lag for while your in grace the timer already going it probably be displayed incorrectly. Then again omni like train guards by grid to break grace for them so who knows :\
    I have actually only seen low lvl omnis do this, never seen Syrah or anyone she usually PvP with do it..

But I don't PvP as much as you so I can be wrong..
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

nah Azz, i think you're just a smarter and more reasonable person than her that thinks before you talk.
    This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it

Pure Mantra - I'm a runner, and damn proud of it.

Originally posted by Mantravadi
    nah Azz, i think you're just a smarter and more reasonable person than her that thinks before you talk.
    Or I'm too stupid to see how it is:P

I hope it's what you said
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.