Thread: How lazy do you have to be?

Thumbs down How lazy do you have to be?

)> I swear, if I log on to AO, or these forums, and see one more person use thx, plz, or some other irritating abbreviation I'm going to scream. How lazy do you have to be to do that? I've ALWAYS had a beef with chat acronyms (lol, rofl, wb, gg, etc), but I've learned to let that one slide - because some people just don't type fast enough to bring out a complete sentence before it's lost it's potency/validity.
    )> But more importantly, to return to my question at hand - Why can you not simply us the whole word? Would it kill you to type 'please'? 'Thanks'? Are these such monumentally difficult to type words that it's a requisite they be shortened?
    )> I've come to the conclusion that I feel sorry for people who have a different first language than English, not because they are more or less required to speak it in game, but because they learn to speak it via people who can't even use it properly. And I don't mind it if those people can't type English well - they at least have a reason, perhaps more importantly, a valid one.
    )> No, not everyone is a Rhodes Scholar. No, not everyone is going to sit down and crank out a perfectly punctuated and annotated novella at the drop of a hat or slightest request. But, do you think you could at least stop making contractions to words that are already short? We made 'Do not' into 'don't' for a reason. Do not is wasted space, it's two extra characters, and an extra word altogether. Plus, it's a difference of one syllable, which stacks up if you're making a speech.
    )> Maybe it's just 'plz' that really bothers me, and it may in fact be true that I'm being picky. But could someone please explain to me why it is, that in the medium of something like these forums, you can't sit down... and proofread? I even skim my disgruntled literations in 'Preview Post, no matter how much of a 'tizzy' I'm in.
    )> In short, plz stop using shortned wurds, and lurn 2 type rite. I am pained for having simply done that...

---
    "And in short, gold is low, silver is high, and wombat semen is at an all time climax."
    -- Post closer pulled from a Shadowrun MUX bulletin board. Written by one of the most... interesting... of people I have ever known. Wherever you are Mr. E, I hope the kids are doing good.
    ---
    "He's got a gun!"
    *struggle, struggle*
    "He's got a knife!"
    *struggle, struggle*
    "He's got Herpes!"
    -- Either Naked Gun, or the original Police Squad series. Either way, Leslie Nielsen had to deal with the man armed with Herpes. I'm envious of his heroics.

l33tz r0x0r!

Does that help?
    -Guess not, I actually have a bit of the same thing but you get used to it. The actual problem is that people can think much faster then they can type, so they use abbreviations. These abbreviations speed up the entire communication process.
    So if we were telepathic no one would have this problem except for the people who can’t keep up, but then they would just work to become smarter and we would all be happy.

up ta da tops wit cha :P
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

I had alot of problems with this type of writing when i started AO..
    But now Im getting the hang of it.. Took me a couple of mounth though, and now Im using it too simple to keep up in the chats..

And yea Im from Sweden and yes we learn English in school but I never heard of lol, rofl and such words..

I guess i missed that class!!