Thread: Remove range increase on LLS both new and old!

Remove range increase on LLS both new and old!

We all know that the 40m range cap cannot be increased due to code design. But as it stands everyone can reach that cap by equiping a LLS and a Range increaser, this is very wrong and puts the long range proffesions at a severe disadvantage.

NT's, Agents and partly Fixers were supposed, by design, to get part of their PvP ability from their root/range combination.

So please remove the range increases on the LLS so that these professions can enjoy PvP more.

What do you say?

Regards

Demi

Does seem to make logical sense. Long range weapons *should* shoot further.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I wonder if anyone of U use a Targeting Scope in real life before or not.

It really let u Aim more Accurately at a longer Range abeit much more slowly.
    Hence the part about negative range init, increase aim shot, increase in range and increase in crit chance is REASONABLE

BUT why the F*** does melee chr benefit from those scope, they shld get absolute penalty and no benefit from it. Its like holding a magnifying class while swatting at ur opponent. The same shld apply to range weapon.

LLTS shld be useless when less than 5m
    Last edited by Asteroth; May 13th, 2002 at 12:51:52.
    REPRESENTING OMNI-TEK's FINEST...in some obscure department

LLTS shld be useless at less than 5 m range

MELEE chrs shldnt be benefiting from it

ok how about this

Ranged weapons are useless at less than 5 meters range. Therefore they will not shoot if your opponent is too close

Hows that?. Seems perfectly fair by your standards

Besides the range increase is a percentage.

I use a 25range increase yatamuchy with my 5 range riders. Gives me hmm a 6 range total.

Oh no im overpowered!!! i can hit 1 more meter farther!!!

So how about it. Ranged weapons are useless at less than 5 meters

One more time

LLTS should be useless at less than 5 m range

Melee chrs shldn't be benefiting from it

The same shld apply to range weapon at less than 5 m range

U can still attack, but u will suffer all the penalty that comes with the LLTS and no CRIT beneift from it.
    Last edited by Asteroth; May 15th, 2002 at 01:31:06.

That would, of course, be fine as soon as a similar accessory for melee only (with ranged penalties, of course) is introduced.

Originally posted by Asteroth
    One more time

LLTS should be useless at less than 5 m range

Melee chrs shldn't be benefiting from it

The same shld apply to range weapon at less than 5 m range

U can still attack, but u will suffer all the penalty that comes with the LLTS and no CRIT beneift from it.
    let me reiterate

Ranged users ahve the advantage already.

If you want to make the lls useless then ranged weapons should not be able to hit from less than 5m (and trust me 5m is pretty far in this game)

ROFL

Dun make me post all the dirty tricks tat can be pulled by a MELEE chr in this forum. or would u prefer me to send a /petition and demostrate to those GM?

In addition, wat is the fuggin UBER Flurry of Blow for.

It's made to increase AGGDEF. Which *does* Increase your chance to crit, BUT ALSO increases your chance to GET CRIT by the same amount.

Who says a scope of this type is attached like it was 27,000 years ago? Maybe it's some sort of implant that lights up your opponents weak spots so you know where to hit? Huh?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    It's made to increase AGGDEF. Which *does* Increase your chance to crit, BUT ALSO increases your chance to GET CRIT by the same amount.

Who says a scope of this type is attached like it was 27,000 years ago? Maybe it's some sort of implant that lights up your opponents weak spots so you know where to hit? Huh?
    Why dun u simply say u wan the best of both worlds instead of giving the crap abt "FUTURISTIC". Tat thing is not call a scope for no reason.
    If I go along ur argument, I might as well say maybe it's some sort of implant that lights up your opponents so that your sneak attack skill is increase? Huh?

comparing the fob to the lls?

Ok how about this

If you dont meet the skill requirements for the lls you can equip it but it doesn't do anything

thats how the fob works. You have to use it. and like was said earlier in the thread its a double edged sword. The mobs WILL crit on you alot more while using it

As far as dirty tricks

Please tell me. I dont know of any. I know of several dirty tricks that ranged users do (shooting a full auto when they have 1 bullet left and doing 6 bullets worth of damage same with burst but 3 bullets)

Aimed shot during the middle of a pvp battle for uber damage etc

I have no problem with nerfing range increases but it MUST be coupled with some reliable ways to combat "spam rooting".

Do you not know this tactic?

It is when a fixer/agent/trader with superior range chain casts his roots while shooting. That tactic easily defeats most MAs, Soldiers, and most low level enforcers.

All tactics need a balanced counter-tactic. Otherwise you just get more of this unbalance. Currently, the only way for me (as a soldier) to counter a fixer using spam rooting is too extend my Nova Flows range to match his.

Hope that helps the discussion.

I don't get this, why should it help only guns? Why give ranged weapons another bonus over melee?

Nerf range for melee and make crit bonus from scope not work with it for all I care but in this case triple melee dmg on all weapons to balance us vs roots.

Originally posted by Danae
    Nerf range for melee and make crit bonus from scope not work with it for all I care but in this case triple melee dmg on all weapons to balance us vs roots.
    hehe...Sc*ew that. I don't have root nanos

triple Soldier damage too and you got a deal.

Question:

Those who dump a vast amount of IP into 2 tradeskills they will probably never use (agents/soldiers/adventuers etc) to use that LLTS sacrifice something for that range and crit ability.

Why nerf it?

Also what is this about range inc being % That is pretty crappy. So you can only raise it what 80% at most?

I always thought it was % for melee ppl and actual meters for ranged people. I managed to get my gluegun (10m) to fire very far with just a QL82 movement predictor and tim's hud...more than the 25-30% u would think, more like 25-30m more.

Just a note I refuse to dump IP into 2 skills that are useless beyond getting on a scope. (sure i could make a QL200 implant set and do the maestro thing etc...but I would still be wasting IPs I could/should and want to use elsewhere) I dont use the scope, but think changing them is stupid.