Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With 17.1 tokens..is it too much to ask for....

lol, I would quit if the level cap was raised to 400....
    when I hit 220, thats it, perk reseting then pvp...
    I don't want to level and then do another perk reset...
    I don't want another grind
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

so..if lvl caps were raised, u'd quit? even tho u enjoy the game as is now? well ok, whatever makes u happy i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrshin View Post
    what i meant was if a new one were to appear, not to put it in a mob that is Beastx3 But if they did, well, hey, looks like we'll have to come up with more raids

as to the other posts..

Some of you argue that its stupid to go on further cause then u just never stop. Well, it can be countered that if u always aim to stop, well, then you'd have no SL, AI, LE. This game is about upgrading and upscaling gameplay to adapt to the growing community.

Not striving for a higher [insert item here] means we should start looking at an end to the game. I, for one, dont want to see the end. So make me a 50k token board, make me a lvl 400 cap. I dont care, Im here as long as FC has a server to host the game.

What fun would it be to end all content and keep the game just as what it is? Look at the 17.2 teaser and how happy people are? If you want a game with fixed content, play a FPS. If you want a game the grows with its' community, then don't stop the train, or any of its components.
    So for you there's no difference between more mindless sk-ing/token farming and new content.

More levels, tokens = bad
    Zerg raids = bad
    More team/org-sized content = good (thats why they should make more stuff instanced. My best experiences in game are stuff like TOTW, biodome, IS. They're so much richer than endless inf missions/ai missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirkonium View Post
    So for you there's no difference between more mindless sk-ing/token farming and new content.

More levels, tokens = bad
    Zerg raids = bad
    More team/org-sized content = good (thats why they should make more stuff instanced. My best experiences in game are stuff like TOTW, biodome, IS. They're so much richer than endless inf missions/ai missions.
    my point wasnt to say that i want to mindless sk forever. My point is to say that if my choices are to add, subtract, or keep, then i will always choose add. Simple. I cant make it any simpler (no offense intended )

so..if lvl caps were raised, u'd quit? even tho u enjoy the game as is now? well ok, whatever makes u happy i guess
    like, the game sucks atm and I'm not too sure if FC will go through with the 17.1/17.2 patches....

and yes, you are saying that you want more mindless SK'ing

if there was some real content at endgame, that wasn't just a stupid zerg that I have to do for some reason, I would level to 220...
    but atm, I'm having as much fun as i possibly can at 197 as 220
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA

my point wasnt to say that i want to mindless sk forever. My point is to say that if my choices are to add, subtract, or keep, then i will always choose add. Simple. I cant make it any simpler (no offense intended )
    They should add the right stuff like they're doing with 17.2 it seems. What I'd like most is new alternative options for backpieces, hud items, shoulderpad, bracers, utils, even implants/symbiants. Not new overpowdered stuff, but maybe a BoC with lower ability adds that can be gotten in a totw-like dungeon, or some 'shoulderpad'-like quests. I don't like those gigantic zerg-raids, and I'd really prefer other options to get maybe less uber stuff, but at least stuff that can add 20 to abilities instead of BoC adds, or something that add pistol like aim of libra. I think this stuff should be possible solo or with one team.

And please create viable pvp weapons for support profs. Now our only option is 4-year old rk weapons.

Bottom line, My original post was to see who's in for more token board options. If you're not, hey more power to you. But I know there are some that are.

Im not cutting you guys short, but going back and forth on one point that will spiral into NTs needing a nerf and cacoon being nerfed isn't where i want to go (trust me, given enough time lately, a post about cookies will go into cacoon and nts).

Simply if u dont agree then dont I'll still play the game just as you, and enjoy the community

Bottom line, My original post was to see who's in for more token board options. If you're not, hey more power to you. But I know there are some that are.
    because some people have no life
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA

can we keep on topic? You're reason has been noted and argued over. Let others post or let the post die. please

can we keep on topic? You're reason has been noted and argued over. Let others post or let the post die. please
    ok, I'll post some ideas for the token board:
    1. Would be a good health boost for some proffesions
    2. Some people have everything thats in AO and want new things to grind for
    3. would be something to do when you are bored
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA

Im not cutting you guys short, but going back and forth on one point that will spiral into NTs needing a nerf and cacoon being nerfed isn't where i want to go (trust me, given enough time lately, a post about cookies will go into cacoon and nts).

Simply if u dont agree then dont I'll still play the game just as you, and enjoy the community
    Most people have been grinding for years now and want some alternatives. More content, not only in new numbers, but in new fun things to do. I for one, would like to work on some alts as i have seen about everything with my main. I don't need more token grinds or sk-ing with him to learn more about his toolset. A few challenges to actually put this toolset to good use would be greath. Something team-based that's really hard to manage.

And why do you bring up NT's and cocoon? Noone even mentioned it till you did.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaL View Post
    Insta lvl 150 (skip the afk lvling in ely )
    That actually would be sweet ...Infact instant 60-160

It's been brought up several times..

Extend the regular tokenboards and increase the modifiers on the raid boards to make them even more useful.
    It'd be nice for those of us who actually go out to find those nanos and other items to have some kind of reward from that mindless repetition..
    Perhaps even divide the two lines so the regular boards are directed at PvM and the raid boards are PvP oriented.

Incidentally, extending the token boards doesn't exclude developing other content, which would of course be most welcome.

Also, as token boards aren't required people won't have to buy guns if they don't want to. Which it seems some people have a hard time understanding.. as usual..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    because some people have no life
    And you have much more of a life?....you started a usless arguement and continue to argue about it and say teh same thing over, and over, and over again...and you called AO boring O_o...tbh...i think you are boring the forum commnity with your senseless arguing over somthing that would actually make the game better. It was but a simple suggestion...people like you that start arguements just for the sake of arguing and for something to do...should just quit AO and actually get a life...

he just fails to realize that some people already have loads of tokens and with the "BS tokens" (buying tokens for vp...) everyone will buy them eventually if they like to pvp there (when they get their complete armor sets/weapons etc) because there *might* not be anything else to use it for (I understand they will be adding items to vendors but if you do pvp alot you'll have way enough VPs anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    lol, I would quit if the level cap was raised to 400....
    when I hit 220, thats it, perk reseting then pvp...
    I don't want to level and then do another perk reset...
    I don't want another grind
    lol your not even tl7 how can you talk? the biggest grind is 215-220 your like 1/10 of the way there

2.5k tokens is enough, why do people complain about the endless grinds then ask for higher token boards, I don't get it.

And for you people that got 5k tokens and so on, good for you, but think about it, when you make alts, you have to grind forever and maybe double that if this stupid suggestion gets ingame, of course most people don't wanna miss out of one of the greatest items ingame.

Bigger token grind? NO THANKS!
    Last edited by Joachim; Jan 31st, 2007 at 21:10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    lol your not even tl7 how can you talk? the biggest grind is 215-220 your like 1/10 of the way there
    i would disagree. i got my main from 209-220 in a few weeks, which was much faster than 1-200
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

im all for a new token board.. 5k seems to be logical.. hell add a 10k one also..

and would be nice if more items required tokens to.. i only know of 1 item in the game that needs tokens to wear beyond the token boards..

it also would be half bad if they had other perks to haveing lots of tokens.. which basicly translates into rank..

would'nt it be cool for example if i have 5 or 10k tokens guards on patrol would saulte me?

little stuff like i think really gives a game charactor.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

I'm not too fussed myself about a new board to be honest, but to all the people who would complain about the grind and laughing at people with loads of tokens please remember something: 5 years ago there was no SL. No APF, no Alien missions etc. There was just RK missions.

I myself had well over 3K token before SL/APF was a twinkle in the devs eyes

Sypheres
    Sypheres - Level 220 / 28 Doctor
    Syphertech - Level 220 / 16 Techno Arch-Wizard (apparently)
    Provox - Level 220 / 17 Soldier
    Dolarhyde - Level 220 / 17 Agent
    Vjeshtitza - Level 220 / 20 Shade

Server 1st!! First 220 Opifex Female Clan Doctor RK1/RK2!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast