Thread: Alternative low hp NT fix

Exclamation Alternative low hp NT fix

Hello guys..

It looks like Funcom wants to fix the low hp NTs.. Well that's a good thing, but there is one problem. You do it in a way where it nerfs -all- absorbs, even Bio Cocoon. That perk is the very core defense of some professions in PvP. I can guarantee you, even though I do not play any cocoon profession myself, that a LOT of peoples will leave the game over this "fix".

Now I have an alternative idea... It works very simple, you don't have to change game mechanics et cetera for it. First, set the absorb mechanics back to the way it was before 17.1. Then, change these two items:

Cranky Golem Eye
    - Change the -100 BodyDev to -100 MaxHealth, or just lower the amount of BodyDev this item debuffs. Do the same thing to the -NanoPool its counterpart buffs.

Ethereal Implant of Berserker Rage
    - Set the -1000 MaxHealth to -500 MaxHealth, or even lower... (-250 or so).

The point of these changes? NanoTechnicians were able to get their hp so low by using these two items, resetting BodyDev, and resetting Stamina If you have very low hp, the 40% damage cap kicks in in PvP. Next thing that happens, is that you hit the NT for about 10 damage per hit (or even lower), resulting in 70 hits before the top absorb is broken down

When you "unnerf" those two items, the possibility for a NanoTechnician to get this low hp goes away... In fact, the NanoTechnician will still be able to get fairly low hp as a defense (Meaning he can absorb one or two specials or so) before he gets hit, but it isn't as overpowered as before. Meanwhile, Cocoon professions have no more reason to leave the game, and peace is returned to AO Another good thing, is that peoples using these toys in PvM have gotten love.. They get more hp with less nano removed, they get more damage with less hp removed so they aren't as squishy!

Sincerely,

Lupusceleri.

remove the -hp entirely...
    the evade debuff is enough for most to stay clear and I don't think a NT will EVER need more nano
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Its so much easier to nerf it all instead of changing some code..

FC ftw
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

They gave their reasoning for not simply removing the -hp / -bd mods. This thread will probably be closed soon anyway.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

maybe they should make it max hp +1000 since hp in pvp is a nerf for nearly everyone
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

hm i didn't get it where they say that changing these stats won't help as long as they although want to nerf bio cocoon capturing on bs.

I have a much more suitable and easyier way to fix the hole problem:

Make peel layers more effektive add cocoon to that linie and change the def check of peel layers to 70% instat of 130% and increase the duration to 1 minute. this will first make that perklinie to be perked (i think this is one of very few perklinies that is never perked at all), seconde it will make higher ai level more likly to reach cause you need the perks, third it will balance the need of support classes (with high mm skill) in fights. Then add a few hp on the add direkt dmg linie of the nt(few meaning perhabs 100 in total if perked all 6 perks) this will effekts the ultra low builds and if they deperked that their tripple won't do very much dmg at all. the 1 hp build is dead in every way even an nt with 725 absorb wouldn't be a good plan if enough players have perked nanomorph(don't say you haven't got the perks for that it defently not true). and it would although bring something for the diversety of the profs in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetra View Post
    maybe they should make it max hp +1000 since hp in pvp is a nerf for nearly everyone
    o.O, I'd love that for my doc

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    o.O, I'd love that for my doc
    thats why i said "nearly". but who else than doc is really looking for more more and more HP after reaching a special number?
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetra View Post
    thats why i said "nearly". but who else than doc is really looking for more more and more HP after reaching a special number?
    Perhaps an agent?

Tho, even docs have a limit on how much hp they want

bamp for a good idea how to nerf low-hp w/o nerfing cocoon

also make all absorb nanos self only and put body dev reeqs on the nt absorbs. a lot better than having 22k as in pvp and nt's being able to instakill every prof in game now.

lol. you guys whined so much to nerf something so quickly that they just put into game like alot of other things yes i know 40 % cap was there a while ago and layers but combined with new things etc etc. Its funcom did you expect to not get consequences.
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    I don't think a NT will EVER need more nano
    Actually we do, with nanobot guard eating our nanopool via its own dot or the loss due to being attacked, we need as much as we can possibly get. More nano = live longer.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

This has been discussed, and answered, at length already. Please do not post more threads on the same subject. The change to layers is the most complete and robust to prevent current and future exploits. Even if we do choose to remove any modifiers from items the change to shields would still be made. We cant prevent people simply refusing to put IP into HP related skills.

Please keep it to the one thread.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer