Thread: 17.2 expectations

17.2 expectations

So, my estimate is 2 months. What do you think?

Removed several posts, please keep it constructive folks and drop the flaming.

17.2 will depend on the release of 17.1 and how many follow up updates we do in 17.1.x, but we hope to be able to release 17.2 within 4-5 weeks of 17.1
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Oh I missed flames! The food!

Anyway, that's not too bad... Guess I will start resetting perks now :P

Thanks for info..

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Removed several posts, please keep it constructive folks and drop the flaming.

17.2 will depend on the release of 17.1 and how many follow up updates we do in 17.1.x, but we hope to be able to release 17.2 within 4-5 weeks of 17.1
    Hire
    More
    Developers
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Hire
    More
    Developers
    They are
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I should have said hire more coders specifically so they can get patches out faster.

but I do like this:

Coder - Rendering - Anarchy Online
    The Anarchy Online team is in need of an experienced rendering programmer.
    The work will include core work in the rendering sub-system, making sure the
    game runs on all supported hardware, and utilising newer hardware features
    when available.

Is that a hint that there is an updated graphics engine for AO on the way?
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I should have said hire more coders specifically so they can get patches out faster.

but I do like this:

Coder - Rendering - Anarchy Online
    The Anarchy Online team is in need of an experienced rendering programmer.
    The work will include core work in the rendering sub-system, making sure the
    game runs on all supported hardware, and utilising newer hardware features
    when available.

I believe Sil said a while back that a new graphics engine is really not possible for various reasons.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Nope, just better support and performance on DX9 cards

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    I believe Sil said a while back that a new graphics engine is really not possible for various reasons.
    well not possible is different from not practicle..

it will cost to much money and time for FC to think about it..
    maybe there will be a AO2.. can't say i'll play it though.. as much grinding as there is in AO1 i'd need some kind of transfer or something.. starting from scratch does'nt sound like fun to me, but if there was a AO2 it would probably be to different to actually convert your old account, items, charactors to the new system.

we wont see a graphics update on any large scale for the rest of the games life.. honestly graphics wise AO is fine for me.. the graphics are'nt that bad and its' actually the last thing i look for in a game.. other wise we would have never bought, played, and enjoyed pong or any game since then.. graphics of the top games today will look like **** in 10 years.. but that does'nt diminsh the enjoyment we did and can get from them..

now on the other hand if it would help preformance im all for it because the requirements on the website are a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by [url]http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/support/faq/system_requirements/[/url]
    What are the minimum system requirements to play Anarchy-Online:

Minimum

Windows 98/ME/2000 SP1+2/XP Pentium II 300 128MB RAM 2X CD-ROM drive DirectX 3D 8Mb video card DirectX compatible sound device 700MB free hard drive space Internet connection, 28.8K Modem

Recommended

Pentium II 450 256 Mb RAM 3D card with 32MB RAM, DirectX 8X CD-ROM drive 1GB free hard drive space Internet connection, 56K Modem
    game develpers always lie about the sys requirements.. but this really takes the cake.
    Last edited by windcaster; Feb 7th, 2007 at 19:47:29.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

coders aren't the only bottleneck to getting patches out. Developing content is an extremely time consuming process and requires lots of testing, even if there are no code changes what so ever.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasdreamer View Post
    They also said they couldn't fix shoulderpads on Opifex either
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>