Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Can choose? Is the only choice we have to hurt anyone. And it goes with serious nerfing of pvm abilities because there no weapons out there able to perform good in both. You either get pathetic pvm damage or pathetic pvp. With 2he on the other hand...
    Yes... Can Choose. Not everybody pvp's.

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    Yes... Can Choose. Not everybody pvp's.
    This thread isnt about people that dont pvp.

This thread isnt about people that dont pvp.
    you know these people have a very good point.

This message is hidden because IHaveHugeNick is on your ignore list.

Yes, quite obviously. Even agents dont always cap 40%. Not even on leets.
    They can't do 40% AS on leets?
    No , you write better. No AS nor FA can bypass 40% rule. Layers or absorbs are not your HP.
    13K AS is more than 40% of my hp.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    but you dont take 13k AS either. You take 40% damag max, which can be lowered with reflectbracers f ex. If you use cocoon or other absorbs yes then you "take" more but that damage goes into the cocoon and not onto you.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

They can't do 40% AS on leets?
    What part of the term "not always" you dont understand?

Then you dont get hit for 13k. Your absorb is.

And when you get hit it's not you but your HP. Don't play with words.
    blah

I love how these PvP discussions are... Everyone are using ROCK SOLID arguments like:

A: AS/FA ALWAYS cap (and hit for FA..)
    B: No one lives more then 3 sec
    C: All proffesions then mine live longer then 3sec
    D: Soldiers Burst ALWAYS cap
    E: Evades dont do anything everyone ALWAYS hit evaders
    F: Its impossible to hit evaders whith anything then AS
    G: Perks never land on anyone
    H: Perks always land and insta kill people
    I: Soldiers get caped throu AMS
    Those are just the moast common once..

How are anyone expecting FC to take you seriusly using those arguments?

We all know in ouer harts that every single one is wrong even if we dont like it...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    I love how these PvP discussions are... Everyone are using ROCK SOLID arguments like:

We all know in ouer harts that every single one is wrong even if we dont like it...

Exactly. QFT. Now close this thread allrdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

sux that melee classes has to resort to an as weapon to be viable for pvp. myself, and a handful others, used caterwaul on our melee classes just before SL launch. anyone remember what happened to cater?

it didnt get nerfed. it got profession locked and made alot of other classes that used that weapon have to reset rifle and go for ithaca, or other AS weapon. no fix to AS, but a workaround, since the "wrong" prof's used AS..

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

lol i was'nt playing back then but i have heard the stories about the cater.. and well.. quite lmao funny stuff.. heard about enf's, advy's, and just about everything in between using it..

but ya i agree everyone using AS weapon.. lets not look at AS but rather just get rid of the weapon for everyone but agent.. not that i would degruge agent AS cause i think they should have it just a shame that it's so powerful that everyone tries to work it into there setup.. some forgo everything but AS..

personally i think AS should work exactly like SA for everyone but agent., diminished by AC's and 40sec cap
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

There is no such thing as " always 40% capping special". And funny you forgot to mention SnD that BYPASSES 40% rule.

Lalalalala KEEPERS NEED TMS. KEEPERS NEED ACROBAT. KEEPERS NEED CH. KEEPERS NEED TO BE KILLED BY A RAIDFORCE AGAIN. ITS NOT FUN CAUSE I SOMETIMES DIE.
    And this is a perfect example of what I keep talking about. You have the most convenient method of reading I have ever seen. Where did I *EVER* say that anyone had an "always capping" 40% special? Oh right, I _DIDN'T_, imagine that.

At best I have pointed out 11second specials capable of 40% caps, one of which just flat out ignores evades.

And childish responses like this are why people put you on ignore so often.

Congratulations, you have failed yet again at not only being constructive, but being funny or witty in addition.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

"Congratulations, you have failed yet again at not only being constructive, but being funny or witty in addition."

Dont wanna take sides in this little arguement you two are having, but you do realize you are fueling the fire with comments like this? Let it go and save us all the spam. Theres a good discussion about melee problems in this thread, dont give moderators a reason to close the thread coz of silly comments like that. It _will_ get out of hand, soon.

That said,

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster
    personally i think AS should work exactly like SA for everyone but agent., diminished by AC's and 40sec cap
    QTF

Yes! SA isnt overpowered, simply coz of recharge and the fact that it's harder to cap, due to AC check etc. Why should agents have it any way different with this rule? Most people in this game use armor in the relevant spots you would fire an "aimed shot" at.. Heart.. Head.. whatever. We use helmets, tank armors, chest armors etc. Its armor there. give AS armorcheck.

I can hear the cries coming..
    "NERF ARMOR ON ENF! A TANKING CLASS SHOULDNT HAVE THAT MUCH ARMOR!" lol coz, enf can get a lot. huge amount of AC, actually. As it is right now, its pointless using armor for the raw AC's.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

I can't beleive I just forced myself to read through this flame war LOL.

There are however three points that most people "seem" to agree with. That is they haven't been refuted to any great extent.

1. Server sync issue needs to be fixed. This would go along way to balance the different ranges of weapons. Seems even people that don't agree melee need improvement agree this is a problem.

2. Enforcers need some pvp love. Having more HP isn't a good thing generally and they have been slowly nerfed to balance out other professions.

3. Shades need some pvp love. Mostly a lack of real updates in years had left them behind. With other dd professions getting more damage, they are slipping in pvm aswell.

Since nobody has refuted these things that I have seen. Maybe we should confine the arguments to these. If you can refute the need to fix these things, please do.

Thumbs up

So true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Stop whining. Fixers are uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucier View Post
    I can't beleive I just forced myself to read through this flame war LOL.

There are however three points that most people "seem" to agree with. That is they haven't been refuted to any great extent.

1. Server sync issue needs to be fixed. This would go along way to balance the different ranges of weapons. Seems even people that don't agree melee need improvement agree this is a problem.

2. Enforcers need some pvp love. Having more HP isn't a good thing generally and they have been slowly nerfed to balance out other professions.

3. Shades need some pvp love. Mostly a lack of real updates in years had left them behind. With other dd professions getting more damage, they are slipping in pvm aswell.

Since nobody has refuted these things that I have seen. Maybe we should confine the arguments to these. If you can refute the need to fix these things, please do.
    QFT

you are so right.. stop the flaming already
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    So sad to watch every single "melee people need love"-type of thread turn into a flame war. Ranged are at a HUGE advantage and they are really content with it. Hence they try to cling to their advantage by screaming for nerf at every corner. Instead of wanting everyone to enjoy the game, they just want it all themselves.

I hope you are all proud of how selfish you people can be. The way some of you people act here just makes me sick to my stomach.

Well atleast you have one less "overpowered" keeper to play against.
    Bump for truth. Most of the ranged proff have no idea what its like to pvp in open spaced BS.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkcrat View Post
    i know changing the subject is bad but melee people with 11s SA/dimach would be kinda insane
    You mean as insane as 11s AS and FA? Its actaully not that evil yet due to having the need to still close in onto the target. Way to go showing us how you see balance.

Who has 11 sec AS and FA at the same time? Agents each 7 minutes?

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast