Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    Hehe, no to both - in my case.
    But as I'm sure you're aware there are plenty that would say yes to both..
    Heh...I'm all for a token board upgrade, perhaps a quest to get a profession specific lock, to either the 2500 board or a new 4500 board or something. Make the quest realistic though. Something needing 14 hours of actual play is..er..well, silly :P

Unless the mission has like a year to complete or something, a la Inf key.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

hmm.... 14 hours for a quest.... i've done mostly all of quests ingame, and there are some that last 14 hours, and its nothing. Wtb quest for upgrade of the 2,5k token board that lasts at least 50 playtime days
    For example, kill every clan mob ingame 5 times (only with the different names). Or kill 100 different people in pvp in 1 day (now that would be harder than killing AC).

just dont make token boards that require more than 2,5k tokens, how will i ever get that much on all 8 chars that i can make on server. Right now you need 20k tokens. Thats around 4k missions if you do them from beginning of a char. Thats around 150 playing days. For someone that plays only 3 hours a day, thats about 3,5 years for only token farming. O.o
    Last edited by SF_MileWorf; Oct 16th, 2007 at 12:27:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Make the quest realistic though. Something needing 14 hours of actual play is..er..well, silly :P

Unless the mission has like a year to complete or something, a la Inf key.
    Of course the deadline would have to be realistic, only a minority would be able to do it in one sitting.
    But I'm a bit tired of those "I've leveled to 220 in 3 days and now there's nothing to do" types.. I'm afraid it shows a bit.
    And like SF_MileWolf says, 14 hours isn't all that silly if it can be broken up in decent sized parts - and if it's not possible to block the quest completion for other people.
    Btw, tokens from VPs is already there, this would help keep BS alive - and perhaps we could get more ways to get tokens to help out particularly the 200+ crowd.
    (Yes, it is scary when walking into a mish and knowing where the item is - and then realising it's a restaurant, it's RL and you'll get in trouble for whacking that waiter over the head with a hammer.. )
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I wonder why people continue to associate multiplayer with teaming. It's a very erroneous association. It's multiplayer in the very true sense that there are multple players. That does not nor should it imply teaming.

By virtue, though, there really is only so much solo content you can add before it would break the other elements of the game (the teaming, pvp, and raidforce level raids, etc). Those single player RPGs that let you become ridiculously powerful simply would not translate well into an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico99 View Post
    I understand not everyone wants to keep there head down and grind tokens all the time but if you play like I do and solo theres not alot else to do apart from that.
    So to sum up your point, everyone else in this game should just suck it up and star playing the same way you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    So to sum up your point, everyone else in this game should just suck it up and star playing the same way you do?
    AO was advertised as providing both solo and team play, with both being viable Chronita was probably one of the most prominent speakers for this point as SL was released and getting to 220 solo was extremely hard, if not impossible.

Don't confuse having the ability to solo with all content being achievable with solo play, however
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

TBH, I've been wondering if there's going to ever be anything more soloist oriented.

Simply put, the way the game's loot in SL and whatnot is oriented, it tends towards putting more focus on the single player, since no team wants to go running around Inferno or Adonis camping mobs that drop items only one person will benefit from that has such a hideously low droprate you're stuck camping the mob that drops the item for DAYS or WEEKS or even LONGER, which makes a 14 hour quest look rather tame in comparison. (JEPP/Spiritech Mesh/Spirit Shroud, anyone?) and the teams, having done their math or were told about best ways to level, are focused only on that particular task, so outside of hecklers or pen/inf teams there's really not much going on teamwise at all.

I'm sure there's been plenty of calls to retune the game in many respects, but one I think is actually fairly important is Not Leaving The Soloist out of the mix or forcing someone into a zergbot just to get some item they need...or in the case of alb/alappa, forcing 'em to join the rush before everyone gets their items and never goes back to the instance in question ever again, leaving everyone who wasn't in that initial rush outta luck.

I wouldn't mind seeing more flavor in challenges and options presented to the player than just following the pack for 220/30/70. It would add more to the game and let those who like to go wandering off get their fun in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    I wonder why people continue to associate multiplayer with teaming. It's a very erroneous association. It's multiplayer in the very true sense that there are multple players. That does not nor should it imply teaming.

By virtue, though, there really is only so much solo content you can add before it would break the other elements of the game (the teaming, pvp, and raidforce level raids, etc). Those single player RPGs that let you become ridiculously powerful simply would not translate well into an MMO.
    Interestingly enough, despite what my previous post may imply I do spend most of my time solo'ing, just presentling the other side of the issue to be fair *smile*.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogueira View Post
    Not at all,
    in fact I know style of play wise I'm a very rare case indeed and can probablly count on my fingers how many times I've actually teamed up for a quest / mish ect.
    However it would be nice to have something aimed at solo player

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that the stats would reflect the TLs? That's kinda the idea with a range of items, you know.
    And that would require to completely alter the existing tokenboards and the structure behind it. Not gonna happem. Next idea please.
    ಠ_ಠ

fixer using B@E for hacking token board for new item.
    Maybe same stats as 2500 plus FA buffs woot flame on

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    And that would require to completely alter the existing tokenboards and the structure behind it.
    Not at all, it would just require FC to
    a) add some items to the db
    b) alter the current reqs on the 1750 and 2.5k boards
    c) alter some of the stats on the 1750 and 2.5k boards.

As to a) - this will be easy for the average person so FC will have a 75% chance of fekking it up.

As to b) - this will send FC staff into turmoil as the new reqs would not be level but title level based - something they seem singularly incapable of. It will take weeks of medication and medical attention to overcome the shock.

As to c) - this will be easy for the average person but FC will have a 100% chance of fekking it up.

Actually it's a good idea:
    - it will benefit PvP through buying tokens for VPs
    - it will (finally) finish the token board line - it would not have stopped at TL4, something must be missing
    - it will be the basis for a series of quests and raids, increasing content
    - it will - if implemented correctly - provide both solo-, team- and raid content
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

They could make 10k "token board" that requires for you to wear only that... no armor... no symbs... no weapon...
    And that "token board" would be some social clothes and a prof based weapon. Nothing overpowered just in the same level as the average player setup.

or..... they can just not do that

Quote Originally Posted by SF_MileWorf View Post
    They could make 10k "token board" that requires for you to wear only that... no armor... no symbs... no weapon...
    And that "token board" would be some social clothes and a prof based weapon. Nothing overpowered just in the same level as the average player setup.

or..... they can just not do that
    Hehe, for us 'Troxes it could be a pink thong and a beer can/leet pie combo!
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12