Thread: The Profesionals: who covers the pvp-conflict??

The Profesionals: who covers the pvp-conflict??

Guess noone have missed the community team announcment of the professionals:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=31137

As pvp is a important part of this game for many, i think if FC had appointed two professionals to identify and highlight pvp specific problems, issues and suggestions from the pvp community, the balancing of pvp would go much faster.

Any views on this?

It's a great idea to have professionals specifically focused on the PvP aspect of the time. Unfortunately, whoever gets picked will be biased towards their own professions.

Probably a better idea for the profession-specific professionals to spend some time putting together their opinions on PvP. I'm sure that the appointed professionals are already doing this.

I just hope that Funcom will actually listen and act based on the professional's input on their professions, instead of coming up with their own strange and often illogical ideas.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

I've been thinking about this since the professionals thing started.

Possible solutions:

You get one from every profession.

You get one <75 and one >75 for every profession.

You let the current professionals handle it, even though PvP involvement or knowledge was not at all a concern with thier choice.

You pick the two most reasonable people who seem to know SOMETHING about PvP, accecpt that everyone will whine and complain about how thier class is unrepresented, and hope they do ok with it.

None of them work. :-/

I also see the problem with only two persons picked, and that they can be biased toward their own profesions. But i know there is some persons in here that is more balanced.
    Also the idea for the profesionals is not to submit their own ideas and views, but for they they representing. That can be hard with all the whiners around, but with the right people, i think we can get pvp more balanced faster.

Im not sure to what degree the people selected as profesionals have pvp'ed. It would be good if we got that clearfied. But i think there is people hanging out in this forum with just as much, if not more knowledge of pvp.

Unhappy hmmm

Mp Professionals dont pvp at all ... least I can chat with mine..

heh im unbiased but i only know MA's
    sigh up me and Angelicnova

but only if we get "professional"title in front of our names =p
    (Razalfragginbastich wedding ARK's)

There should be 1 additional player from each profession who represent their pvp aspects seeing that many of the professionals picked already don't pvp at all. Although the balance of which professions pvp is extremely off. So it would be much harder choosing someone to represent soldiers than it would someone who represents engineers. Perhaps a vote would be in order?

-Fotik

Thumbs up

Sign me up to represent the PvP aspects of the Enf profession....

And yes, I totaly agree with Fotik on this.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

proffesional's job is to take all the heat off of Cosmik/cz and to tell us "Yes we are aware of that and we are trying to fix it"
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

Then I don't want nothing to do with it! Be gone plaque of evil!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal