Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to avoid this amount of whinage:

How to avoid this amount of whinage:

Don't take TEST server content as Live server content. It seems like every single person in the game magically forgot every other item on the test server throughout time that never made it to live servers in a way that people thought they were supposed to.

How about taking things with a grain of salt and not throwing up a ****storm of these proportions whenever a tiny little nano that represents a minimal increase in strength pops up. Really, it's embarassing being a part of a community where so many people turn into raving idiots at the slightest thought of things that they don't particularly like.

Show some dignity, please.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Deleting/Warping DB rips over to the Test Server forums and off normal forums might help mitigate some of the worries...

They could use the post count bump anyways
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

I see what you're saying Masta, but without a healthy dose of "wtf" to some of the stuff that gets to test, how do we know they won't go on to live unchanged, without feedback/uproar?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I see what you're saying Masta, but without a healthy dose of "wtf" to some of the stuff that gets to test, how do we know they won't go on to live unchanged, without feedback/uproar?
    Exactly.

First solid arguments were presented as to why something should not be added in its current state.(outhealing the second best healer? o.0)

Then every person who started pvping with LE came in and gave their opinion which mostly consisted of:

"OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THIS IS OP AND SHOULD BE DALATED"

Oh and Rktim was saying the nano isn't that great.
    So yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

The whines about engineer upgrades came after we found out by our professions that only when hell would froze over would there be more inits added, thank you very much.

That and they don't tend to change or improve things for our class anyway would be against their normal doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Go play on test and post in the test forums?

lol
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

More whining in a thread that ask people to stop whining, priceless.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post

lol
    Someone with a brain please nerf!

Do I have to actually spell out why that would be a smart thing to do rather than whine in this forum without knowing what you're talking aobut?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Someone with a brain please nerf!

Do I have to actually spell out why that would be a smart thing to do rather than whine in this forum without knowing what you're talking aobut?
    not to mention... char copy is working again...

tho of course, players wont get the items just handed to them.. they get to test the quests/etc to get the items as well...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Well part of the problem is how fc goes about doing this. These are the 17.9 pre patch forums everyone assumes fc will look here about it. A better way for FC would be to NOT make prepatch forums, just post the notes, if someone wants to make arguements about items they can post on the test forums. This would stop a lot of whineing, like the sold nano was already changed, half the threads ignore this.

Now I don't think FC would take this step, but it would fix the problem fast, and make things easier on them to manage.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Well, if they not post this, it's just be a wave of whinage after patch went live. Or even worse. It's to late to change course back.

Good plan. Then the general forums would be spammed with a million threads protesting the patch - like on EVERY SINGLE OTHER GAME IN EXISTENCE's forums....
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

No, people would just be forced to move over to the test forums which is under NDA and fc can relaease more info there. So if something is bugged they can say so.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

lol
    The fact that I don't have time in my life to dedicate time to testing a game I'm paying to pay, doesn't mean I don't have anything intelligent to say about new stuff.

(Even tho I usually don't ofc, but that wouldn't change much with me a dedicated tester...)

lol
    Looking at the amount of overpowered and useless sh*t that's going live patch after patch I don't believe that has much impact on developers.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    The fact that I don't have time in my life to dedicate time to testing a game I'm paying to pay, doesn't mean I don't have anything intelligent to say about new stuff.

(Even tho I usually don't ofc, but that wouldn't change much with me a dedicated tester...)
    QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

While I appreciate the sentiment I can assure you that we are more then used to people over-reacting to test server data. While it is just that - over-reacting, there is also value in some of the posts and people's constructive feedback. I don't think that I'd like to close things down and not let people have a forum for the discussion for the sake of a few forum trolls.

Of course I would love for people to always behave with a little more perspective on the forums (in particular when it is in relation to test data) but the silly 'OMG the sky is falling' posts are ignored anyway so they don't really effect things one way or the other. The only shame is that the vocal minority often hide the points of those who do keep it constructive and rational so we have to look harder to make sure we see all of it. (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though )
    Tested,installed and approved by Pala's trolling inc.®

PS please don't ban me for the 11th time :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Rly? Because I've seen bucketloads of "OMG! Fire Fire Fire!!! NERF NERF! ZOMG!!" posts these few days, or does the filter on apply to people working for FC?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I'm trying to be constructive this time! Well, I always try to be constructive in the update forums... most of the time... or well maybe sometimes... ehm...

HAIL Silirrion! =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast