Thread: Random Bugs

Random Bugs

I started writing this list up a couple weeks ago on a whim, adding entries when I remembered or noticed another bug. Here we go:

Many times I have run right through the zone border to the clan newbie area from the clan backyard and getting stuck, needing either ARK assistance or RDing out as a fixer. The zone border back to the backyard is screwy too, requiring you to take a step back from the invisible wall where you should have zoned.

Map in missions resets when you zone/crash/LD. Very annoying.

Not able to click through 'vine doors' in brown/white cave missions.

There should be keyboard pitch controls for Yalm (QW too?) piloting.

Character names are in the middle of the person's model when they are in a yalm, not above, making them impossible to read.

There are nine mission slots in the mission pane, yet you can only have three missions at a time. Allowing three single player missions and three team missions would be ideal. Also, quests like the Dodga tasks take up valuable single/team mission space.

/follow should be more reliable, shouldn't break when the target goes out of range, and shouldn't break when zoning.

Blaster beetles do NOT belong in missions. 'Nuff said.

Use of right clicking (looting corpses and chests, picking doors and locks, etc) randomly dies in missions (unsure about hunting), requiring a zone to get working again.

Invisible walls in the sky above Tir make flying around a pain. Invisible hurdles on the ground in Last Ditch make running around a pain.

The three cluster terminals in neutral shops aren't in order from Faded to Shining like they are in Clan shops. Unsure about Omni shops.

I regularly have three more hitpoints than my max. ie, the Stats pane (ctrl-9) will show 2576/2573.

My left hand, since the Sol Chironis SMG is so short, is holding thin air when in idle mode and is holding thin air *in front of the muzzle* when I am in attack mode. Must hurt.

The entire back wall in the mission entrance rooms is a zone border rather than just the door. This is annoying when you hug the walls trying to avoid the insane agro rate in team missions when mobs see you through the door from the main room. Stores are the same way.

The yellow mission marker on your compass sometimes disappears unless you are pointed directly at the mission or to one side; when looking to the other side the marker disappears.

Sometimes when taking my Night Vision Goggles off the night vision effect doesn't go away even though the goggles are off. Putting the goggles back on causes the night vision effect to stack to blinding levels. I haven't had this happen twice for three levels of night vision (yet). No idea what causes it, requires a zone to fix.

Items that can go in more than one slot (sleeves, rings, bracers, NCU items, etc.) many times will not go into the right equip slot when you drop them on your paper doll. This will also sometimes unequip another item with the new item in it's place.

There should be a way, apart from zoning, to cancel putting on a vehicle (or any item) as it equips.

When launching the game in windowed mode, the window should open in the same place it was when the game was last closed down, not the center of the screen.

I *hate* hitting corners in the grid catwalks causing you to fall to the ground.

The chat background is too light, a lot of the time when it's bright out it's very hard to read the text. Making it a darker shade of grey would help a lot.

And lastly, a request:

I would have loved to have had tank armor that went in the leg slot. Give it AC and drawbacks relative to regular tank armor. I want to look like a total badass, not just a badass from the waist up.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

If you fall you take 1 hp more damage then stated
    ex : you take 9 damage check <ctr-9> and see that you've lost 10.