Thread: Weighty matters

Weighty matters

Does the weight you're currently carrying in your inventory actually affect anything - eg. run speed or evades?

No, im fairly sure it does not.

That whole area needs an upgrade.

The size of character you are shoudl affect how much yo can carry, and backpacks should hold by weight and not by quantity of items.

'You should not be able to fit a Yalm in a backpack that is ridiculous.
    You should require to buy a drivers license, and rent/buy a parking space.

You should be required to buy fuel.

Post Actually....

In the early days stuff used to weigh us down.

SOme of my funniest memories are being in a mission, rooted to one spot because i picked up a stack of bullets from a chest and not knowing what to do (bullets were expensive to me back then)

Vergil OT NT
    Newland Block 10
    Summer Cottage in Belial

Wink Yalm in a pack

In a sence, the RP sence, I think of the Yalmaha in the backpack could be like the device on a key chain that calls your vehicle to you. The time it takes to get in it could be the time it takes it to get to you from its parked location.

*shrugs* I dunno, seemed like a good thought at the time.

Heck ya Virg, I think everyone had that dilemma hehe

Nanobots.

A yalmaha is just some nanobots you keep in a small box in your inventory. When you enter the vehicle/equip it, all you do is release the nanobots and they surround you, carrying you wherever you like. Since the nanobots are programmed to surround the owner, and not some nearby stranger, it can also explain why they are nodrop.

But inventory is messed up in almost every game. In diablo (as an example), my mage wasn't strong enough to wear a chestplate, but he could easily carry four of them while fighting uglies!

Same thing here, with battlesuits. they're big, heavy, bulky, but I can still carry lots of them while wearing nothing but swimwear? Where do I keep them? Don't ask! You don't want to know.

Having "realistic" inventory (i.e. can only carry what your pockets have room for) can in many situations destroy the playability of any game. (imagine quake1,2,3 if you had to drop your maching gune, just to carry the nifty rocketlauncher you just found)

Very well said, and humurous too

Originally posted by Skybert
    Nanobots.
    (imagine quake1,2,3 if you had to drop your maching gune, just to carry the nifty rocketlauncher you just found)
    /me shivers

We even wanted dual wielding
    postcount++