Thread: How about you brighten things up a bit?

How about you brighten things up a bit?

I've noticed that AO is a very dark game, and I don't mean in tone, I mean lumination-wise. And those floating torches don't really help a heck of a lot. I've gotten used to changing the settings on my monitors just so I can see things better, although this tends to wash out colors. This is a reletively minor thing, but would make playing much more enjoyable. Another thing would be to make the little "item box" one has to find in missions glow a bit or something. Sometimes in outdoor missions I have a horrible time finding that thing, even when I've killed every bloody mob in the place. These things would definitely improve my and I suspect many folk's playing experience.

Re: How about you brighten things up a bit?

Use software Gamma correctors. I *had* to get one for DAoC, because nighttime didn't allow me to see beyond 7 yards. And it also works for CounterStri... oops.

I'd rather not say the name, as I've pointed out : it *can* be used as a cheat in certain games, as it isn't detected/blacklisted. Google it.

Re: Re: How about you brighten things up a bit?

Originally posted by Vercingetorix
    I *had* to get one for DAoC, because nighttime didn't allow me to see beyond 7 yards.
    Ah, sort of like real nightime then...

AO isn't really that dark. Gloomy perhaps at times, but never actually dark. You could just turn up the brightness on your monitor or adjust the gamma setting on your gfx card...

Not all Monitors are *that* good .

And I'd rather tweak Gamma with successive incremental keyboard taps than messing with 'Display Properties' or hardware buttons. The fact is, without my gamma proggie, the combined efforts of my VidCard + Monitor didn't help much...

Well, I have an ATI card, now (had a GE Force 2 for a long time), and the game is almost black to me. I got a tweak utility (I am using Rage3d Tweak, that I got here:

http://www.rage3d.com/

I believe RivaTuner also has some gamma correction abilties.

Arrow

Well, decent drivers should do this anyway... But yeah, they'll all work.