Thread: Balance and pvp vs. pvm

Balance and pvp vs. pvm

I just realized (the thought was there before but now it beame real clear) that in an effort to balance the game there has to be be a real clear cut between pvm and pvp effects of every action players can make.
    Fighting a player is just to diffrent form fighting a mob. Things that need to be there so a profession can survive encounters in pvm solo are at the same time unbalanced in pvp for example.

When rebalancing the professions i think there should be made different effects of actions (in a wider sense, so nanos, perks, specials and so on) for pvp and pvm.

This would mean work for the defs, but it would also allow them to approach problems in balancing much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seinstheorie View Post
    I just realized (the thought was there before but now it beame real clear) that in an effort to balance the game there has to be be a real clear cut between pvm and pvp effects of every action players can make.
    Fighting a player is just to diffrent form fighting a mob. Things that need to be there so a profession can survive encounters in pvm solo are at the same time unbalanced in pvp for example.

When rebalancing the professions i think there should be made different effects of actions (in a wider sense, so nanos, perks, specials and so on) for pvp and pvm.

This would mean work for the defs, but it would also allow them to approach problems in balancing much easier.
    Thats a big problem i'm seeing so far with all these "balancing" posts.

Everyone is PvP this! PvP that!

Not realising, that asking for certain things to be buffed/nerfed/added/taken away/etc. will affect pvm.

Granted, PvM is pretty easy now, but still, you get the point lol.
    Atlantean
    ------------------
    Postmuerta - 210/10 Solitus Soldier

Kamaytayan - 220/17 Solitus Fixer

do you guys read the balance documentation? some of the perks they readjusted have different pvp and pvm durations and whatnot. I think FC is taking both into account when they are fiddling with things.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Of course. But i think these diferences should be made in much more cases (also in terms of nanos and so on).

I think FC doing alot pvm wise too...Nerfing doc heals, making hard not to ran out of nano, nerfing stun from crat etc...

Also adjusting perk duration for pvm/pvp differently.

Problem is...lts say they adjust pvm difficulty and make things harder. So for beast raid(One of end game raids) now u need at least 16+ ppl to do it...its one of hardest raids in game so it should take more then 1 team to do it but do u know how hard is to get 16 ppl for anything in AO? Go lft in any time (if ur on RK 2) and u wont find 16 200+ ppl on lft. These days u need to spam neutnet to get ppl for inf missions >< not to mention raids...

I would like to see AO raids need 30-40 ppl for raids where every man is important instead of tank and doc which are doing their job and others semi afk hiting q and their specials... but atm thats rly not possible with AO population as it is atm. Lts hope new engine(if that thing ever comes out) will draw more players to the game and give devs option to improve AO PVM untill that we are stuck with lag fest raids ;P
    Last edited by Drooown; Dec 15th, 2009 at 12:16:09.
    <o.0>

Making PvM harder is a good thing, it's way too easy in its current state.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Of course. But i think these diferences should be made in much more cases (also in terms of nanos and so on).
    they haven't even posted the nano changes yet its like you're scolding them for something they haven't even attempted yet.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

?
    I just say that it would be a good thing and should help them to do balancing easier. If you don't have to keep in mind that a certain effect that is normal in pvp, has a devestating effect on pvm and vice versa cause they have different effects.
    Balancing forum is also about feedback. So my feedback is: hey dev guys good that you make diffrent effects for pvm/pvp on perks, do some more of it.
    So why the hack is that scolding?
    Ah i forgot that forums are built on bridges with little T-creatures living underneath.

some profs are meant to be PVM>PVP . shades for example (maybe unless you're rich and completely twinked out with MR runing 24/7). also, keepers, since were so gimp in PVP and PVM is so very extremely easy now there is no more "HARDBOSSLULL" and we can solo a lot of things..

some profs are just plain amazing all the way around, PVP AND PVM..... MAs..advys.. idk the list goes on

you get the point
    RK2: 220 Soli Keeper clan