Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.3.2 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.3.2 Update Release Notes

18.3.2 Update Notes

New Content:

The Collector Instance:

- A new, and very challenging, single-team instance has been added to the entrance of Pandemonium. Who will be first to tackle these three very difficult encounters? Who will be the first to steal from the ultimate collection of hidden treasures?

- Bring your very best and try to survive the most difficult and complex small-group experience we have ever released.

The Daily Mission System:

- The new Daily Mission System is now available. The first Daily Missions in this first release are available for Rubi-Ka only and will offer players of all levels an alternative and effective way to progress with significant rewards including XP, Victory Points, and Tokens. Daily Missions are available from sided agencies in Old Athens, Rome Blue and daily PvP Mission in a hidden location in Borealis.

NPC Changes:

- Three simultaneous Artillery Commanders now respond to player intrusion in Sector 42.

- NPCs falling off the land in Shadowlands will now properly return to their spawn points.

- Alien Pathing and landing sites for many, many cities have been modified and improved.

- SAM Batteries are now subject to normal player damage and have reduced health values.

- Unicorns near Borealis will no longer abandon their posts to harass low level players inside Borealis.

- Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway.

- Subway bosses should now have faster respawn.

- New NPCs have been added to every single RK playfield to support the addition of the Daily Missions.

Item/Nano Changes:

- Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material should no longer be NoDrop.

- Stiletto Yalm orientation has been corrected for easier flying.

- Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.

- Clan players should now also receive two shoulderpads as a reward for start-up island quests.

- The Rihwen MP pet no longer requires the Alien Invasion expansion to cast.

- Durable Bandages LE Adventurer proc is now correctly instant.

- Carlo Pinnetti's suit has been re-tailored.

- Bring the Pain perk should no longer cause an extended death period if the user dies while this perk is in cooldown.

- NCU Hacker interface should now level to 220 (previously stopped at 200).

Other Changes:

- All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.

- Removing members from an organization should now work properly again.

- Free players should now have access to all organization buildings to participate in organization activities. Items inside will remain usable by expansion players only (ie: orbital strike terminals).

- Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 5 second/37% break on hit chance root.

- Coast of Peace and Coast of Tranquility playfields have now been hooked into the Grid.

- Client to server sync has been tightened to more accurately display the correct location of player characters.

- Hitting the "end" button in a blank chat window line should no longer "end" your client session.

- Players should now correctly get the head they choose in character creation.

- The Pet Info window now has a "hide buttons" option.

Concealment/Perception Mechanic changes:

- The shadow of concealed players should no longer display to others.

- All Concealment type messages (eg: "PlayerX tried to hide but failed" or "Shadowleet appears") will no longer display in chat.

- Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first!

does nobody play this anymore?

New chat channel: "Me Cast Nano" (was inside 'System' chat before)
    IS portal in Borealis moved (an inch -.-)
    Rings are no longer wearable in the Social tab (if you had rings equipped before the patch they are in /reclaim)

Anything else that got stealth fixed/added/altered missing ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

- a few new icons for rings
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material should no longer be NoDrop.
    Does this mean QL matters now too? I remember you saying that would be changed as well.

Players should now correctly get the head they choose in character creation.
    Wut? LOL wasn't aware this was a problem, it must have affected very few selectable heads because I've created a few new characters in the last couple weeks and all of them got the head I chose.

18.3.2 Update Notes
    - All Concealment type messages (eg: "PlayerX tried to hide but failed" or "Shadowleet appears") will no longer display in chat.
    Not messaging "Shadowleet appears" wasn't very relevant on test as they were all visible in this patch cycle anyway...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Anything else that got stealth fixed/added/altered missing ?
    Fixer RK meep nanos now correctly apply the debuff to fixer (30s debuff)

Nano Crystal (Luck's Capricious Consequence) has now level req. 190.
    Last edited by Galilei; May 4th, 2010 at 18:44:35.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

what size is the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by LamargoL View Post
    what size is the patch?
    Someone said around 80 MB
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Someone said around 80 MB
    Thats not too bad, shouldn't take long to get fully patched.

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    first!

does nobody play this anymore?
    The first game, you mean? GUESS NOT!
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

The Daily Mission System:

- The new Daily Mission System is now available. The first Daily Missions in this first release are available for Rubi-Ka only and will offer players of all levels an alternative and effective way to progress with significant rewards including XP, Victory Points, and Tokens. Daily Missions are available from sided agencies in Old Athens, Rome Blue and daily PvP Mission in a hidden location in Borealis.
    No SK yet ? still cap on research ?

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Does this mean QL matters now too? I remember you saying that would be changed as well.
    Yes, I would like to know what the ql % change is for Kyr'Ozch Bio-Materials if any change actually went thru ...

Some people say 80% others say no % was specified in past FwM.

I Hope it is lower than 80% ... but would like to know before I spend $$$$ credits to find it was something else.

I also posted here ... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...573776&page=18

Colrain

Already confirmed in another thread here, it's 80% now. Lametastic

I agree: The 80% rule is not so nice, but since the items are tradeable, it should be possible to sell your low level bio or trade for usable QL's.
    Hopefully some players have hoarded tons of "wrong" types and have shops ready...
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Luziciona View Post
    I agree: The 80% rule is not so nice, but since the items are tradeable, it should be possible to sell your low level bio or trade for usable QL's.
    Hopefully some players have hoarded tons of "wrong" types and have shops ready...
    I agree 80% is too high ... what I don't agree with is FC adding another area for credit farming. I really doubt if anyone wants my old ql 50 - 70's bio-materials in trade for ql 240.

Colrain

Concealment/Perception Mechanic changes:

- The shadow of concealed players should no longer display to others.

- Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.
    Why?
    Other then the shadow not showing, who thought any of that was a good idea, other then agents, pvpers, and jerks that like to sneak around and grief people?

Always a good idea to remove something helpful from the game like "mob appears" when you do a search. Good Job. This one is up there with whole "you can't zone while being attacked idea". Sure it was good for pvpers, but messed up more playing trying to get into a mission or leave a pf. Really sometimes you guys make me scratch my head.

Well hopefully everything else in the patch will be good and we'll be able to find the balls in the braindog mission.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

wtb daily mish npc in Newland :/
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    wtb daily mish npc in Newland :/
    I'm not sure if that's necessary, neuts already have two they can chose from. Just I would say pick Omni, cause I know on test at least one of the missions gave you a 4 hour flag until you turned the mission in. I think the Omni are less likely to gank you trying to return your mission then the clanners will while running through OA. Well at least on rk2.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast