Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

Make the mishes harder based on your current AI level so that you are more likely to slaughter well-built toons and not our leveling toons still getting basic AI levels. Should have just added a "difficulty" option but since you guys opted for a complete diffulty boost I figured I'd try this suggestion instead.

/bump
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

umm no, my nt alt is 188/22 now and if i get 'Plant the Bomb' mission i can already get easily whooped just by 2 mobs...and its not always easy to pull them in the first corridor unless i wanna wait there ages until they movement is out of sync

and its not always easy to pull them in the first corridor unless i wanna wait there ages until they movement is out of sync
    Ages? The mob straight ahead is easy to get. Then it takes a minute... maybe two in order to get a fairly clean pull of one of the patrolling mobs. It's really no time at all in order to get a clean pull... especially for content you're going to do once a day.

Are you really so much in a rush?

X

seems like they made them easier. Had a 'place bomb' today and most the mobs would be handled easily. The scouts usually would be the hardeds but totally owned them today. Hope I was just lucky.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Thumbs down Errrr Guys, the Aliumz Mish Difficulty is now completely ridiculous...

Im getting hit for 3k every time from mobs that hit about 800 max unless it was a nuke before this "adjustment".

A crat guildie had to delete mish after zoning 5 times and managing to kill 6 aliumz, having to use multiple bots per mob.

This is not "fun".

Fix plx. Thanks.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2850 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2576 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2646 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2451 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2408 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2580 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2319 points of melee damage. Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2519 points of melee damage.

Thats one mob, with hits coming every 2 seconds, meaning I have to SPAM BoL and perk heals to survive. This totally defeats the point of dailys being "quick and enjoyable" content don't you think?

Tone it down some plx.
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

I completely agree...

Could not land a single charm even after brain freeze, all mobs but technicians completely immune to calms, roots could be landed if spammed but break instantly even with no damage. Mobs tear through bot in no time and the new Ensign in Artifact Mission hitting a well geared crat for 2k plus every 2 seconds after eating Corporate Guardian in about 20-25 seconds. Healing aliens take 4-5 minutes to kill now.

Not a nice change, will not be bothering with AI dailys on Crat until this is adjusted. It's nothing but a complete waste of my limited game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arane View Post
    I completely agree...

Could not land a single charm even after brain freeze, all mobs but technicians completely immune to calms, roots could be landed if spammed but break instantly even with no damage. Mobs tear through bot in no time and the new Ensign in Artifact Mission hitting a well geared crat for 2k plus every 2 seconds after eating Corporate Guardian in about 20-25 seconds. Healing aliens take 4-5 minutes to kill now.

Not a nice change, will not be bothering with AI dailys on Crat until this is adjusted. It's nothing but a complete waste of my limited game time.
    Did daily on my NT, plant the bomb.

Calmed every Scout, Technician, Ensign on first try. Medics took 2 or 3 tries during which I didn't get hit once. The only mob that did any sort of damage to me is that "boss" type at the end of the daily and he barely hurt at all.

So either I got lucky, or I'm just not seeing the difficulty. Granted my NT is end game, but still I haven't noticed any change since pre/post last update so far.
    Last edited by Brofist; Dec 16th, 2010 at 05:37:00.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Did Salvage, Plant the Bomb and Spaced out on several chars today without any problems. Do you expect to not be hit when you go in there with med suit on and ql125 imps or what?
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Those with 220/2x/70 end game setups need to quit the "j00 suxx0r" childish garbage & take into consideration the rest of the player base that is trying to level &/or do the same mission without billions of credits invested in each of their toons yet.

People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Put it back in your ePants and consider the rest of the population occasionally.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.
    /signed
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

That's sigi worthy, not because it's funny but for it's sheer value of truth!
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Those with 220/2x/70 end game setups need to quit the "j00 suxx0r" childish garbage & take into consideration the rest of the player base that is trying to level &/or do the same mission without billions of credits invested in each of their toons yet.

Put it back in your ePants and consider the rest of the population occasionally.
    /agreed

I tried doing a level 30 AI Daily and got swarmed by 10+ red aliens that almost wtfpwned me.. luckily I was semi twinked and had outside buffs + the ability to heal. But I can't imagine a normal level 30 guy without the ability to heal being able to come close to completing that mission I did.

I seriously think that FC doesn't test the dificulty of these missions at any of the TL ranges... I think that they just listen to the loudest forum whiners and work from there, which is sad.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

We just need chat option to pull easy AI daily mission with 50 % of current reward. That way people who can finish current missions will be able to level fast and people who got used to getting reward for free will still have awesome source of axp.

im not saying mishes are too hard but yesterday doing coon-daily with my 214 shade, lvl 216 technicans evaded my perks and i had undrained 2500 AR.
    drained 2800 hits them perfectly, but its not too easy to keep drains up because mobs die too fast and i last drains timeouts when running to next mob :P
    Last edited by Otinsainpas; Dec 16th, 2010 at 09:04:46.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

more buttons and slider to press for getting 1 daily..
    but clicking stuff = fun, thats why i play shade
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Arane View Post
    Could not land a single charm even after brain freeze, all mobs but technicians completely immune to calms, roots could be landed if spammed but break instantly even with no damage.
    I don't know if endgame crats perform any better, but I do know that I did find my 150-ish decently equipped crat utterly useless against most aliens for these exact reasons.
    I can stand against L200+ RK/SL mobs just fine, calm/charm/snare them as I see fit, but aliens of the same level as myself or even lower just resist/immune to pretty much everything, and if by some miracle something does land, they will break it in seconds by themselves without anyone attacking them.
    So I'd say anyone claiming that they can easily do all this to high level aliens are a bit, well... Enhancing the truth.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

@brochatters :

I have to disagree on this one.

It IS easy on a endgame toon, if you have a 210-218 toon with leveling armor and symbs it wont be the case.

Depends a lot on profession, ofc. On my shade i'm ok if i use the stun procs, i'm not that ok if i don't ( lvl 207, perked totemic rites, mix of QL300 ofab and predator armor, mostly QL230 spirits, QL300 Kyr Rapier)

I know it might not be the best suggestion, but I found that the only way to do an alien mission on my 75 nt ( who is still pretty much work in progress ) without spending 2 hours trying to kill things and stay alive is simply join in a city raid.
    Do one with ur pals or if you are lucky and can get a 220 to do it.
    I have noticed no real different other than the mobs hitting a bit harder ( this at 220 ) in all the other missions
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast