Thread: Change Lab Director spawning

Change Lab Director spawning

Okay, Cz has talked to the devs and the overall spawning rate of dungeon NPCs is not going to change:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...937#post595937

So let me make a plea now for just the Lab Director spawning rate to be increased! This guy drops FOUR different unique items. He has a 4 hour spawn rate and is the source of a LOT of griefing and player/player tension. You looked at similar situations with Alvin/Dodga and the Trash King and made good decisions. Now please take a look at the Lab Director on an individual case basis.

Scorus

if your group is the only one in the TLR dungeon, you can all log out for 15 minutes, then come back.

the dungeon 'thinks' that no one is there while you are gone and will reset all the mobs. i got a guildie 2 custom reets in 20 mins this way.

Originally posted by Borrace
    if your group is the only one in the TLR dungeon, you can all log out for 15 minutes, then come back.

the dungeon 'thinks' that no one is there while you are gone and will reset all the mobs. i got a guildie 2 custom reets in 20 mins this way.
    Doesn't work when there are 4 or 5 groups in the dungeon.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio

Doesn't work when there are 4 or 5 groups in the dungeon.
    ~Chris
    Doesn't work theres one person in the dungeon.

Originally posted by Klattu

Doesn't work theres one person in the dungeon.
    I meant that 4 or 5 groups are not going to agree to sit down and log out. Not to mention that a few peeps are already trying to kill Triplumbo and another blitzing to T.I.M...
    ~Chris

Borrace is correct, and this does happen in mostly all static dungeons such as the ones in mort. The problem is the place is so big you cannot tell if you are the only ones in there
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

the joys of rk2...things are never too crowded.

NERF CAPMING! RANDOMIZE ALL SPAWNS!
    .: Naraya :.

Communism is spreading........ yessssss..........

Gotta say that the camping of Tri Plumbo never really is crowded... guess why?... The item is so damn rare so the most give up. =)

Some thoughts
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Naraya
    NERF CAPMING! RANDOMIZE ALL SPAWNS!
    I'd love to see that. No more everyone knowing at exactly what time smething spawns
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

The whole point of statics is that they aren't random. Kinda like an amusement ride with a longer wait depending on the line ahead of you.

I do think it would be fun if Neleb raided say, Bot Mountain or the Tarasque popped up in Broken Shores...
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Randomizing all the spawns just further promotes Mega-Guilds who can just "patrol" where the random spawn takes place (I don't suppose that they'd make T.I.M spawn in Tir County).

Since no one does outdoor hunting, no one would stumble apon the spawns on accident.

All randomizing does is make it take longer to get the item, but it falls into the same hands anyway.
    ~Chris

Post Spawntimes..

T.I.M. does drop two unique items. One is commonly dropped (75% or more of each kill), the other is rare (10% or less chance to drop). The former would be the HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Aquisition, and the latter is the HUD Upgrade: Personal S.T.M. which many Engineers would give one of their eyes for.

If the Lab Director will be changed to spawn more often, then so should T.I.M. I've taken the danged slayerdroid down a dozen times, and haven't seen the Engineer-scope yet. :/
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!