Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really??? 50 vet points for Insurance Claim Recall Beacon?

In my opinion, Funcom has crossed the line when they started putting items of ingame-advantage value into the Item Store. It made the game into another Pay2Win Asian mmo, where with mommy's and daddy's credit cards you can get everything you want with little effort. I will not be surprised when BoC, Beast weapons, ACDC and other various items will be available for purchase in the future. Sure, the Breed Change, as part of the System Changes, costs IRL money. How is that fair towards the players? It isn't.

However, of course, since AO is 'dying', as many players claim, Funcom HAS TO get their profit somehow. Right? This isn't connected to the infamous 'Soon™' promises, at all.

I can understand issues that involve money-making but ruining the game won't make it anything to be proud of in the end.
    RK1 (Atlantean)
    Candylover (220/28/57 Neutral Solitus Shade)
    Herthaur (160/13/? Neutral Atrox Doctor)
    Shirayukii (194/?/? Omni Solitus Doctor)
    Ladyoflove (181 Clan fr00b Solitus Martial Artist)
    Unikorn (10 Neutral fr00b Atrox Adventurer) - Sprkly's Pink Fluffy Thing
    ~~~~
    RK0 (TestLive)
    Tideborn (220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Enforcer)

point is items in itemshop should also drop on being tradeskillable to be fair.
    so regular players could get their well deserved stuff, rich and lazy ones click & pay.

and veteran shop is a joke, FC added crappy social items for years that noone can use without sacrifice (removing hud/pad).
    well since social tab it's a bit different, but veterans had only 1 (and a few years later 2) items usefull sl / rk beacons.
    these items used to be precious and a nice way to motivate players to stay longer.

50 pts to avoid a /terminate or a jump from a garden ? seriously ?

They sure added a 0 too much on that one.. O.o
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

imo it should have been 20 points but someone's finger slipped and hit 5 (above the 2 on the numpad)... at east i hope that was the case and not just funcom being greedy conniving moneygrabbing sleezy arrogant fat snooby boorish bumholes... (yeah i ran out of adjectives)

EDIT:
    also, kittenstomping. and racist.

If they fix the sheol sanc garden jump AND they keep price at 50, they are going to get alot of hate.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Knyffen View Post
    Agreed, but I couldn't resist either. Must... support.... vp-sink.

And I even have Scheol sanct and was using it with the SL bacon.
    Ouch... I did it ...again and again on 5 accounts.

but seriously... 240 Vet points ... gives me some privileges.

I just wished FC thought more about the new players and not us.

The future is THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Ouch... I did it ...again and again on 5 accounts.

but seriously... 240 Vet points ... gives me some privileges.

I just wished FC thought more about the new players and not us.

The future is THEM!
    They are thinking about new players. Who do you think is more likely to buy stuff from the itemshop?

A veteran who can duallog and powerlevel toons and farm inferno patterns, ask his friends from several years to help him, has veteran points to buy stuff from vet shop and creds to buy everything ingame?

Or a new player whitout any of those things?

Being a player that has plenty of spare vet pts to throw at this item. Being a long-term loyal paying customer for this game. Being a customer that has bought every expansion when it came out or shortly thereafter...

I concur that the 50 pts pricing hits the newer players harder than the game's old salts. I agree that 30 points is definitely more fair for them.

I guess I should commend fc for continuing support for a legacy feature. One item I would like to see in the veteran's shop is ip reset points. I think 5 veteran pts per ipr is fair, I know I'd prob burn 50pts or more on a few chars for ipr's alone.

You guys shouldn't worry, by the time they add something else to vet shop, you will prob be able to buy 3 reclaim beacons

Well, perhaps this isn't such a bad idea. You all know those lovely geometry holes that have been around for, well since the game/expansion came out? Seems you can use your becons while stuck in them (or at least some of them). Better than the double alt f4, come back, immeciately sit, becon to garden (where key is equipped not where saved (or to rk), use transfer statue ot run to place you were. It is a convenience so from that perspective seems to work.

Unwanted Fact of the day: statistically speaking, its 7 times harder to acquire a new customer, than to keep a current one.

Anyway, for the ICRB, 20 or even 25 points seems reasonable. 50 would be reasonable if it was a vet shop item that would change your beast armors appearance to look 'Xanified.'

course, there's no profit in that so why am I even suggesting it.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Nov 5th, 2012 at 15:50:24.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

I wouldn't mind to much about the price of it if my Vet points were actually consistent across my chars.

My Keeper is sitting with about 120, having spent quite a bit over the years too, yet my other chars ranged from 100~60 points only.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I makes perfect sense for the Insurance beacon to have a greater price difference in the Veteran shop than it does in the Item shop as compared to the other beacons.

The Vet points you use to buy an Insurance beacon or any other item in the Veteran shop only reduce the points for that one character. Points used in the Item shop reduce points for your whole account.

Kinnik

All these years playing and my veteran point total is... 3.

Woo.

Cry me a river.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I wouldn't mind to much about the price of it if my Vet points were actually consistent across my chars.

My Keeper is sitting with about 120, having spent quite a bit over the years too, yet my other chars ranged from 100~60 points only.
    probably the veteran points glitch 2-3 years ago hahahaha

The way i see it Funcom as a company is full of hypocrites simple and plain . They added a item that costs 50 vet points wich require 2-3 years ( Didnt look if its more ) , but yet they brag mighty and tall they want to attract new players to the game . Who ever is in charge of that shop is a idiot .... . How in gods name is it new player friendly .
    And if its not ment to be new player friendly whats the point in it ... last i checked your company is lossing customers so aint that your first priority ?
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

For all the whiners out there, you pay 7 USD for a virtual weapon in Planetside 2. So please...
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    The way i see it Funcom as a company is full of hypocrites simple and plain . They added a item that costs 50 vet points wich require 2-3 years ( Didnt look if its more ) , but yet they brag mighty and tall they want to attract new players to the game . Who ever is in charge of that shop is a idiot .... . How in gods name is it new player friendly .
    And if its not ment to be new player friendly whats the point in it ... last i checked your company is lossing customers so aint that your first priority ?
    The Veteran Shop is not supposed to be new player friendly. It's a reward for people that having been playing a while. The longer you subscribe/play, the more Veteran Points you get. It's meant as a reward for longer-term players, and something to look forward to for new players.

Yes, FC needs to do things to attract/keep new players. But it's also nice to do little things for long-term players, too.

I think this thread has run its course.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123