Thread: Arena & PvP Titles

Talking Arena & PvP Titles

It's just a suggestion, dont flame me.

Why not to remove the possibility to gain titles in PvP when the fight take place in the arena ? I consider the arena like a place to do training and evaluate my power. I do many tests with my guildmates.

No, it's not a way for me to avoid gankers. It's just a method to assure to the player that this big atrox in front of you has gained his title by his bravery and efficacity on the playfield.

I disagree with the fact that everyone can earn a title in killing a guildmate in the arena. It's stupid. Oh, look at this rookie, it seems so uber. Nah nah, look at him better. He doesn't want to cross the line, afraid to lose his title ahah. What a powerful coward... or maybe it's just for fun he has got his own title.

Yes, nowadays, a title is just an ornement.
    Let us see real pvp players with merits.
    Titles are not decoratives.

Read my ultimate suggestion for getting rid of ganking and spreading the war out on RubiKa - without upsetting none PvPers. I think its a great idea. Its at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=41590

Personally I dont think people should get title effects for under level 75 and only then in fights with the "other" side. (Neutrals get them from clan or omni, clan or omni ONLY get them from the opposite side and not neutrals)
    Last edited by Raymote; Jul 31st, 2002 at 13:43:06.
    C.M.O.T. Raymote - Loyal (They pay better) OmniTek Trader
    Omni-ECPCS

Rimmer: After intensive investigation, comma, of the markings on the alien pod, comma, it has become clear, comma, to me, comma, that we are dealing, comma, with a species of awesome intellect, colon.
    Holly: Good. Perhaps they might be able to give you a hand with your punctuation.

One problem here...

Most PvP takes place in the arenas... the action on the field is most likely players 50 lvls above you that wait for you outside your mission-site...

Title-farming isn't a big deal really, since the community tends to keep you very informed on who is farming and who is actually earning their titles...

Maybe they should make seperate PvP-points for Arena battles and field-battles? Kinda like the Karma/Reputation system in UO?

ie.

-----| arena1 | arena2 | arena3 | arena4 | etc
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    PvP1 | title1 | title2 | title3 | title4 | etc
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    PvP2 | title5 | title6 | title7.....

The numbers are just to mark different titles, not ranks

Then you're title would both display your experience in the arena, and on the battlefield

Edit: *forgot to put on my flame-proof vest* Bring it on!
    Last edited by Poachie; Jul 31st, 2002 at 13:36:05.
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

I agree. Arena fights shouldn't give pvp points. That said, there needs to be a reason why people should wander into pvp.

One way is to first, fix outdoor hunting. Then make all outdoor hunting in 25%-0% zones give 40% more xp or something.

And if ganking pisses you off, then stay out of pvp. There's nothing nice about killing someone else. So stop trying to place rules on how it should be done.

You miss my point of view

My idea is "you can't earn a title if you're not in a DUEL (Dictionnary: battle between two persons only) and if the attacked person did not agree with the attacker".

A title is a merit. You can't afford a merit when you gank a non-prepared player or grey for you.
    Last edited by Docgalaad; Aug 1st, 2002 at 12:18:20.

"My idea is "you can't earn a title if you're not in a DUEL (Dictionnary: battle between two persons only) and if the attacked person did not agree with the attacker".

A title is a merit. You can't afford a merit when you gank a non-prepared player or grey for you."

What type of logic is this? Basically, what you are saying is: I am in a 0% zone, a free for all with no rules, but in my little twisted selfish mind you are not allowed to attack me.

I hate people that beetch when they die in a 0% zone. Don't give me this, oh, but I am not asking to be killed. You are asking for a lot as soon as you step into a 0% zone. Even if your "duel" is interrupted.

Originally posted by Vegan
    "My idea is "you can't earn a title if you're not in a DUEL (Dictionnary: battle between two persons only) and if the attacked person did not agree with the attacker".

A title is a merit. You can't afford a merit when you gank a non-prepared player or grey for you."

What type of logic is this? Basically, what you are saying is: I am in a 0% zone, a free for all with no rules, but in my little twisted selfish mind you are not allowed to attack me.

I hate people that beetch when they die in a 0% zone. Don't give me this, oh, but I am not asking to be killed. You are asking for a lot as soon as you step into a 0% zone. Even if your "duel" is interrupted.
    Actually it makes sense and here is why:

If I want to be the Heavy Weight Boxing Champion of the World I can:

A. Get a boxing license, train, and meet in the ring or "arena" for a shot at the title.

or in AO

B. Gank your a** as you walk out of a night club drunk with no weapons.

Titles are for dueling. Ganking/Fort Combat/T raids should NOT have anything to do with titles. If I want the Ultimate Fighting Title, I can't get it by putting a bullet in the current champ's head! I need to meet him in the ring/cage!

Make sense now?

As for combat in 0%, take titles out of the equation and it just means you killed a fellow clan/omni and you should show up to town and get attacked by your side guards as a murderer. Just my 2 credits.
    Last edited by Meligant; Aug 1st, 2002 at 18:23:43.

I agree 100% Gilgalaad. An arena should be a place to practice or have friendly duels with friends and not worry about losing a title, or other people ganking to gain a title. I also don't think you should gain pvp-credit off someone on the same side as you... just doesn't make sense.

Red face Are you so idiot Vegan ?

The Topic is Merits or not Merits ! NOT "PVP OR NOT PVP" !
    I don't want to remove pvp, you'll always be able to fight ppl !
    I just suggest to remove awards in Arenas. You want to earn a title ? So, come on, on the battlefield, with your brothers of Arm. Not with treachery or traitrise in a small yard where you can defeat the same poor green during ten hours in a row.

It's pathetic to see Rookie, Novice, Apprentice in Camelot Castle who die in 2s by a simple not ranked player. Simply because they earned their title by a too easy way. Titles have to reflect the real powerness of player, like a real award in the army is deserved to make officers for their bravour and efficience.

I want to prostrate myself in front of a prowd and titled warrior.
    I want to have respect for my mates who are Apprentice
    I'll know they merit their title as my chance to defeat them is really thin.

With this modification of the rules, titled people will be less numbered. And only meritants characters will be granted.
    So, the Top Ten of Famous Players will reflect the real hall
    of fame of this game, not fake winners.

NOTE: I'm not titled, i dont want to be titled, it's not the topic,
    but i dont have the power to earn a merit for the moment, so
    i agree, if you see a title before my name, that will be due to
    the fact i have cheated to earn it (maybe in the arena).
    Last edited by Docgalaad; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 12:26:13.

Re: Are you so idiot Vegan ?

Originally posted by Gilgalaad
    The Topic is Merits or not Merits ! NOT "PVP OR NOT PVP" !
    I don't want to remove pvp, you'll always be able to fight ppl !
    I just suggest to remove awards in Arenas. You want to earn a title ? So, come on, on the battlefield, with your brothers of Arm. Not with treachery or traitrise in a small yard where you can defeat the same poor green during ten hours in a row.

It's pathetic to see Rookie, Novice, Apprentice in Camelot Castle who die in 2s by a simple not ranked player. Simply because they earned their title by a too easy way. Titles have to reflect the real powerness of player, like a real award in the army is deserved to make officers for their bravour and efficience.

I want to prostrate myself in front of a prowd and titled warrior.
    I want to have respect for my mates who are Apprentice
    I'll know they merit their title as my chance to defeat them is really thin.

With this modification of the rules, titled people will be less numbered. And only meritants characters will be granted.
    So, the Top Ten of Famous Players will reflect the real hall
    of fame of this game, not fake winners.

NOTE: I'm not titled, i dont want to be titled, it's not the topic,
    but i dont have the power to earn a merit for the moment, so
    i agree, if you see a title before my name, that will be due to
    the fact i have cheated to earn it (maybe in the arena).
    I would reverse it and say, Titles are for the wimps and Merits are for the Heroes "in the field of battle". Maybe 2 different types of titles or something but as it is now, titles don't represent "battle experience" nor do they represent "dueling" abilities.