Thread: Attn: Funcom; A Renaissance of MMORPG Gaming & Movies.

Lightbulb Attn: Funcom; A Renaissance of MMORPG Gaming & Movies.

Hello Funcom,

Your pioneer movements in showing the series of trailer in-game rendered movies of the AO storyline was a jewel for those who have a futurists eye. However this suggestion of mine is more epic in scope for the long-term, and is not a short-term quick buck endeavor.

Allow me to set-up the scene of the execution of this gaming slash movie project. Where I.E. say off-handly Universal Studio's set's up a movie production set & crew on a Live Server or a duplicate Rubi-Ka leased server of their own. They film in-game for world-wide distribution the AO storyline in a trilogy of movies. However they'll say is your graphics engine is sub-par for such a risky project.

Then perhaps Funcom could propose they acquire a SDK copy for further development of the photo-realistic graphics used in the movie: "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within". Where upon Funcom in cooperation with Universal begin to meld the photo-realistic graphics with the current game mechanics of AO. So after this is accomplished Funcom does it's blitz of AO 2 nearing Gold release. With Universal as the movie studio coupling the in-game Part #1 of the AO 2 storyline perhaps after a interiem period of the AO 1 plot.

So Universal gets a movie franchise of Funcom's AO's license. Besides Funcom get's funding from Universal to develop AO 2 for the next MMORPG series.

The particulars could be is that the player subscibers at the time become volunteer or compenated extra's in the in-game movie. Where mass-battle scenes don't have to be rendered anymore, but using live subscibers.

In the meantime Universal talent scouts can do a promotion with Funcom looking for new acting talent from the subscriber base. Not just for script-voice overs, but for the live movement of skilled gamers. Much like the new generation of cyber atheletic gamers happening world-wide now in tournaments.

Bottom-line is that Funcom get's pumped with capital for further MMOG development franchises to come. Besides Funcom gains royalties from the movies that Universal Studios creates from your propietary technology & intellectual properties in part.

Cause to the informed enterprising eye's it looks like Funcom is on a diet currently with it's financials.
    Last edited by Whistle Blower; Sep 6th, 2002 at 20:26:56.
    "Live Free, Live Wild" Atrajo / Clan Affliation / Adventurer on Rubi-Ka 1

Ivan / Atrajo

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
    ---John Ruskin.

Atrayo, have you seen Artex lately
    Ismael "Dfalcour" Depaolo
    Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations
    President

Federico "Falcour" Peasly
    Applicant (Wolf Pack Support Team)

Mel "GremlinFeet" Drapkin
    Unit Member (Independant Contractee)

Hello Luck Dragon

Hello Dragon Falcour,

How's your fabolous streak of luck holding up?

Artex and i haven't hooked up yet in Rubi-Ka 1, although in this dimension they may make bronto burgers out of him by mistake.

I'm changing my forum name for the time being to Stinger instead, which is often how i write on the forums in short and to the point. However i'm the Atrayo from the Project Entropia gamer community slash activist for the last 23 months.
    I'm defecting for the time being to AO until MindArk get's their development cycle into deeper production.

So Atrayo from that realm/dimension in this other one is Atrajo / Stinger in this one, just call it parellel incarnations.
    "Live Free, Live Wild" Atrajo / Clan Affliation / Adventurer on Rubi-Ka 1

Ivan / Atrajo

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
    ---John Ruskin.

Final Fantasy was such a hit, I'm sure the studios will be fighting over the rights...