Thread: A Tribute to lost life.

Post A Tribute to lost life.

Tomorrow morning 1 year ago is the anniversary of a horrible thing that happened to those persons in NYC, both members of public service and individuals who were in the Twin Towers buildings. People all over the world are in the process of creating memorials to this horrible occurance. Total Aggression Gaming will assume a period of 24 hours, in game. During this period we will not initiate any combat in 25% zones in honor of those who lost family, friends or relatives on Sept 11th 2001.

This period begins as of 12:00PM EST (NY Time).

TAG/MoK is not asking anyone else to do this, however we would be happy to join with others who would do so of their own free will.

Regards,
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

I think its important that for those of us who wish to remember September 11th that we do it in our own ways and that we all remember that this was not a military target, these were the neighbors, the brothers, the best friends, the sisters boyfriends cousins best friend aunt tracy and what have you...

Normal people going about normal lives.

I myself am going to do the routine thing and that is go on about my business to let people know that terror isnt going to influence my life as that is what the ultimate goal is.

An honorable attempt...

I think this is honorable Argulace...but how bloody likely is it to happen? Not everyone shares the same feelings about the day that will "live in infamy" for this generation.

I will go about my day, pay tribute to those who perished and those who worked so hard to try and save others from the wreckage. I will also honor the leaders that stepped up from this tragedy and are making the changes necessary to ensure this doesn't happen again...

We can't change what happened that day, but we can live on and work to prevent it from happening again...no matter what we do in a game.
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

I commend Arg on his tribute, however I also agree with the last post. I will honor and remember those folks in real life, but when I get on this game to play, im in another world...I guess its my release from the problems in real life sometimes. We have to step back and get away from things sometimes, and some people use games for that.

Atleast I know I will be safe from being killed by Arg in 2ho

Re: A Tribute to lost life.

Originally posted by Argulace_MoK
    Tomorrow morning 1 year ago is the anniversary of a horrible thing that happened to those persons in NYC, both members of public service and individuals who were in the Twin Towers buildings. People all over the world are in the process of creating memorials to this horrible occurance. Total Aggression Gaming will assume a period of 24 hours, in game. During this period we will not initiate any combat in 25% zones in honor of those who lost family, friends or relatives on Sept 11th 2001.

This period begins as of 12:00PM EST (NY Time).

TAG/MoK is not asking anyone else to do this, however we would be happy to join with others who would do so of their own free will.

Regards,
    No offense to you argulace but:

*sigh*, for the 100th time folks...let's not relate this game to anything that happened in real life, nor involve the game with anything that happened......As Cz said before, post stuff like this in the off topic forum, no sense in posting it here.... I feel your sympathy, but c'mon, AO is a game, and not attacking anyone in game due to sept 11th is absolutely rediculous...C'mon people, get real. I'll prolly be playing ao to get my mind OFF of sept 11th, well actually, i'll be working but reguardless, let's just stop subjecting people who play ao and read the forums to the sept 11th issue....

K cz, you can close this thread now.

HRMMMMMM

I must say..... I don't really value your opinion Argulace
    Kruise-162 Atrox Agent

As I said, i'm not asking anyone else to participate. I didn't ask for anyones opinions.

This post was put here for people who wish to know why we will not be pvp'n tomorrow if asked and for those who may wish to join us for their own reasons.

Don't confuse an anouncement for a debate.

Bottom line is, I really don't care what you think so spare me.

Arg
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

Well, the point is you did make the post, and taking the issue in-game and/or on the forums is uncalled for.

And, i thought you needed 1000 posts to change your forum title? No fair..

Threads is good, for now. An announcement of 24 hours 'ceasefire' is ok with me.

Some will take this day into the game no matter what, some won't play at all today, and some will act like it's any normal day.

Please respect this, that not everybody agree on what to do this day. And leave it at that. There is no need to start a discussion about it.

Thank you.

I see the popular public display of America's reaction to the terrorist attacks as an instinctual howl of fear, ignorance, and self doubt.

We dont want to know that there's people that hate us (much less who they are or why). We dont want to know how vulnerable we are before them.

I was QUITE affected by the destruction of the world trade center, in fact, so much so that talking about it any more would sound like bragging and i think thats disgusting on some deep moral level.

I'm sorry, this will serve no purpose but i'm getting so, so tired of people using this attack as a platform from which to pontificate about their general righteousness - its simply not appropriate.

Why the flames ? Its was just like an announcment nothing for people to comment, agree or disagree...

Here is a suggestion...

Hey Illphil,

If you don't like the idea of any of these post or the idea of a cease-fire then:

1. Don't read this thread.

2. Then go into a 25% zone and kill yourself in protest.

To think you can seperate RL and games from this forum is retarded. If you've ever read any post in this whole forum, you will see that RL ideas and suggestions permeate this whole forum.

Arg: if you've seen any of my posts, you know that I'm not planning on doing anything to mark this day.

But I got tons of respect for the method you've chosen. Have the best day you can.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I myself, got affected to this alot when I saw this on the channels.. I think Argulace got a point there, but still this is a game, but I will not enter any PVP zone today..

Do not flame argulace plz, it was just a proposition for you guys who wanted to honor lost family members or friends in this episode!
    Quote: The present is the ever moving shadow between yesterday and tomorrow

None of you listen, none of you care, why the hell should I care?!?

Better idea, if you need a moment of silence turn off your computer and go to the memorial or watch it on TV. Honoring real dead in a game is kind of strange... go outside and breathe that fresh air and see why it's good to be alive =]

i just say as Ill that i will try to ignore this as in the game i want no reality Chrash... i want to keep it a game only the actions in AO to follow my line... A escape of reality =) Reminding Isnt a good option =(
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

PvP on sept 11th for me:

Target: Stromm

Can't attack. Target is in PvP grace period for 24 hours.

Target: Player

Unable to perform action, please wait 24 hours.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)