Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ship of Fools

Hurrying back to B's quarters the ship shook slightly the two companions looked at each other and sprinted quickly to her quarters.

Outside the ship the small black "thing" moved into the wires of the ship sliding through the conduits like a worm traversing tunnels.

Main workshop. Inside the Large storage units a lonely little bot attending Hida's larger warbot, The warmachine Hida's prize possession was in dry doc back on rubika.. no place for it here on a ship.

The bot clumbsely knocks over a bucket and screaches "don't hate me". relieved that the item wasn't sentient the bot starts working on the warbot again...

A small shadow form crawls up the back of the large warbots leg. seemlessly intergrating its self with the bots servos.

the small automation humms to its self a old robot song, using its cloth rag to polish the stainless steel casing.

Suden movement startles the little bot. The warbots eys open and stare out. reaching forward with its mightly hand it picks the small automation up.

"What I do", the automation screeches, just as its little head pops off and rolls across the floor.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

(( sorry it's been so long since I responded, had a busy weekend :P I'll have another post written soon, though ))
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

((k was letting you decide the next part its your story. Dont want to take it away from you ))
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

(( written as Lisetta, of course ))

Hida and I sprinted to my stateroom. As I fumbled with the door lock, the lights overhead flickered. We both looked up, then looked at each other, and finally! my clumsy fingers got the damned door open.

I had gotten a message earlier, from one 'Rosa', on Rubi-Ka, saying she had found a bag with my name on it. I had actually picked up the vidphone to call her, when Hida knocked on my door. But I did recall her saying something about a fixer friend keeping a line of communication open. I sincerely hoped her and her friend were still around and waiting to hear from me.

I punched in a code, to dialback, and handed Hida the receiver. The lights flickered again, overhead. Either his little black, withering pet had gotten busy, or we had something else in store for us...

A voice came over the receiver : "Who is this your on a private channel buddy".

Hida scrunched his eyebrows together : "No time fo the Bull buddy we got a sever problem here, and need some help asap"

while Hida is pleading his case another show was going on down below deck...

The metal object infront of it moved easily. Strange to have such bonded meterial together. Never mind that the one's wanted research done so it must be done. Lucky the space faring wale had come along when it did, and luckly having such a responsive body around to inhabit.

The biological ones that had to be examened were of course uninhabital by nature, but this this machine was perfect. though clumbsy. The smaller machine .... such a waste.. so flimsy...

Yes notrum... what is it... a strange molucule having weird odd combinations of electrons, protons, quarks, and sub protons not even classified... A report must be made on this.

The outer casing of storage unit 67 dented and cracked open a large red metalic fist tearing it from side to side.......
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

(again, this is posted as Lisetta)

"No time fo the Bull buddy we got a sever problem here, and need some help asap" ....

I had no idea what was said to Hida to prompt that response, but I figured things weren't going in our favor... so I plucked the receiver out of his hand, and spoke into it quickly.

"Is this Rosa?", I asked, in a lightly pleasant tone. Ugh, now I sounded like one of those Trans-Galactic girls. But this really was urgent. "Rosa, about the bag, don't worry about it, we have a serious problem, and I think we're going to need help. I'm going to put our chief engineer back on the line, his name is Hidareign, I'll let him explain what he saw..."

I handed the received back to Hida. And paced back and forth nervously as he spoke to her. Glancing out the window, I spotted the Viking aircraft, and I tugged on Hida's sleeve, pointed out the window at it. I mouthed, "what about them, maybe they can help?" He shook his head, but didn't say anything else to me, still deep in his conversation with Rosa.

While he was talking, it occurred to me to wonder about Dolphie. I hadn't spoken with her since we'd had dinner. I hadn't seen her at the Under-the-Sea fiasco buffet, and I hoped she was all right...

There was the slightest tremor beneath our feet, and the lights flickered again....

(ooc Hida, this is your story, have at it! Keep those posts coming! )

((wont keep it going with out ya.))

The machine examined its self. A large round arm how peculiar. It had relitivly large hunks of element lead in it. strange.... the arm rotated quickly... a few bursts went off into the near by shuttle pod. A a means of destroying things.. The one's would want to know what efects this would have on the organics.... yes yes they would.

The bot walked across the bay to examine the size of the holes punctured in the small whale like craft. Interesting such explosive yeild packed in such a small space.

Just then a small detatchment of Security guards came into the room....

Security guard one : "Hey that bot is supposed to be in storage, whoever let it out is going to be in some serious problems."

Security guard two : "I think its malfunctioning see the damage to the shuttle over there. The captain is going to be furious"

Security guard three : "Well at least the ship is equiped with suppression gas, no way that it can do us any harm"..

The robot turned toward the 3 organics... listining to their Vocal language... hmmm... how primitive.... acessing the machines database more examples were found....

"YOU THERE" the bot said in a very deep gruntal voice "COME OVER HERE SO I CAN EXAMINE YOUR SPECIES".

The security guard approced tentivly, a thought crossed the guards mind "I never heard a warbot not even the more advanced Slayer droids speak more than a few words".

The machine sat and patiently wated as the organic approched very slowly... hmmm. I wonder if all of them move this slow....

The machine rased its more agile limb forward slowly palm down toward the organic. The organic was leaking water from its upper anatomy... how pecular...
    Suddenly the machines arm shot out grabing the organic by its head ... it squirmed for a second then was very limp. how peculiar... making a note of it.

The two other security guards eyes bugged out and they started to walk backwards rather slowly.
    "YOU THERE" the bot pointed... The security guards darted off into the large hallway.... aparently they all didn't move so slow... making a note of that....

The bot shot forward with inexplicable speed down the halway litteraly running over one of the guards who made a sickening splatter noise as he was trampled underfoot... ah so they have these fluids throught their corpral form... making a note of it. The last organic was now at the end of the metal way... scrunched in a corner... looking very small now... The machine extended the round arm slowly and stood motionless for awhile...

5 min later with the bot still standing over the him the security guard decided to move... The machine was standing there , It looked like it was extending its arm to assist him up.. what the heck the man grabed the arm to pull himself up. The bot just stood there. still shaking the guard decided to move away from the situation slowly at first then a trot. Just as he reached a corner where he could sprint away he heard a metalic whining sound and a large explosion.. the last thoughts of a world far away spun through a now dieng brain as the head it was attached to exploded.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

At the other end...

"A what? A worm? Slow down!"

Rosa kept half an eye on the connection details. The patch through to the transport terminal was unreliable at best, and any minute Omni-Trans were going to find the hole and cut the line.

"Okay. I think I've got it - you've got a big worm on the ship. I'm not an engineer or a biologist, but is there anyone I can contact?"

Rosa listens to the excited conversation at the other end.

"Um, listen. If I'm going to contact the authorities is there anything I can say that will prove to them I'm serious? If I just ring them out of the blue they'll think I'm a crank caller."

Rosa moves the receiver away from her ear as Hida practically yells out instructions.

"Listen, just get in touch with Omni-Trans and tell them the situation. Use this security code - they'll know its for real. The code is <click>"

The line switches over to a calm female voice.

"This line has been terminated by Omni-Com Networks. Please check your credit and try again in five minutes. Thank you for using Omni-Com Networks."

Oh great. Perfect timing.

Rosa grits her teeth and prepares for a long, drawn-out conversation with an unbelieving Omni-Trans representative.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

the link went dead just as the ship shuddered again. the lights blinked out then came back on dimmer.

Hida pulled out a large floating torch from his utility belt and set it to hover..... bzzzz went the small utility light. "Well I'm not sure whats going on but what ever it is it just knocked out power relays 5 & 6." Hida walked over to the adjasent wall and searched for what turned out to be a hidden controll panel. Opening it hida's eybrows furrowed "Yea 1, 5, 6, and 9 all out" serious damage done to deck 5 holding bay 2."

Like a bolt of lightning Hida realized what was stored in holding bay 2, "All imported and exported Devices considered leathal by the Travel committie" Hida mumbled "And any device capable of destroying this ship in one blast." Hida almost darted out the door without another word but couldn't leave B there. The medical quarters were almost a seperate barge from the living quarters so getting B there would be impossible.

"Sorry to be so direct but we need to go NOW... We have to get down to my workshop I may be able to scrounge up some things to help"...... the woman staired blankly like almost not quite believing this was happening. "Look if we dont get going their may not be a ship left." With this the shock seemed to subside abit and a look of determination set in. "Ok lets go" she said in a very steely voice, one that almost felt like it was the last act of desperation just to move.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

Ooc: Sorry I haven't posted sooner, it's been a helluva week, and today has been the grand finale, Root Canal Part 3 (of a 4 part series). I feel like I've been punched in the jaw *laughs*

So... Hida... my brain won't cooperate, can you do another post, pretty please? I'll pick back up with the story after that

KB

The ship shuddered and almost rocked in space just as the two entered the workshop.. Laying around all sorts of exotic gear. Half made implants, raw sheets of unknown metals, and things you would be hard pressed to describe. Hida immediatly started disrobing. "what do you think your doing" she blushed. "oh, sorry was just equiping my armor" hida kina half hopped into the corner away from LOS.

A few moments later hida came out wearing a sleek brown armor with a large peice of red steel almost graphed to the front of it. He was holding his helmit under his arm and had some sort of wrench on his belt, Almost looked like a knight of old she though to herself. In his other arm he had a bag that seemed almost stretched to capacity.

"here" he said tossing the bag over. "try on some of this it may save your life". the bag had a assortment of worn armor peices in a light blue color. she tried on a arm peice and it fell off she giggled, as hida shook his head. Hida walked over and made some adjustments to the interals on the arm peice and it fit right on. then the same with a pair of pants and a peice of almost plastic that fit very loosely over the front of her.

"you ever used a gun before" hida asked , "um not realy my father once let me shot his pistol back home" she replied.
    meanwhile....

so many experiments so few orgaics the machine thought. They have such high tollerances to leaking it thought. A passenger hung from its ankles still moaning as he bled over the floor. While another was cut in half trying to hold her intestines in.

Yes this report will be complete, the ones will be happy.....
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

((ooc: ACK, I typed an entire next post, and I thought it posted ?! Going to wait and see if it appears... ))

((Urgh. I think that happens sometimes...that's why I write my really long posts in Word docs...GREAT story so far, BTW. Rubi-Ka approached from an angle I don't think I've seen in fanfics before.))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Thumbs up

( REALLLLYY enjoying this story )
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

The ship gave a sickening lurch as we entered Hida’s workshop, and I had to grab the doorframe to keep from stumbling. The place was a wreck – it looked like a huge piece of plassteel had exploded. The place was strewn with bits and pieces of who-knew-what.

I glanced over, and there was Hida, getting undressed in the middle of the room. “Erm… what do you think you’re doing?”, I asked. He said something about armor, as he moved behind a screen in the corner of the room.

When he emerged a few minutes later, I had to bite my lip hard to keep from laughing. He was dressed like some knight of old, in brown armor with red detailing. He even had his wrench attached to his belt where a sword would be. A helmet tucked under one arm completed the ensemble.

“Somebody get me a tranquilizer gun”, I thought to myself wryly, “looks like we’ve got a live one here’. Ah well, it takes all kinds, I suppose….

Even as I was thinking this, he was rummaging around in a bag, and pulling out pieces of some worn-out looking armor. “Here, try on some of this”, he said, “it may save your life”. Oh, terrific, just what I wanted to wear, somebody else’s nasty old used armor. But… he was right. So, I tried not to think about the probably countless unwashed bodies that had sweated inside it, and let him fit it on me. I must say, he did behave himself – no wandering hands. He really was a nice guy, after all….

The armor wasn’t as bad as I expected, much easier to move around in than I thought it would be. As I was admiring the blue color, he opened a large footlocker, and started pulling out weapons. “You ever used a gun before?” Hmm… only if target practice at the range with Dad, back when I was twelve counts… I nodded, and he handed me a pair of pistols, and a holster. I fastened this around my hips, and took a look inside the trunk. I chose a laser rifle, and a SMG, thinking they looked fairly simple. They didn’t look that difficult to use in the movies. In the meantime, Hida was similarly equipping himself. Opening another, smaller trunk, he handed me ammo clips for my weapons, and showed me how to load them. Then he collected what he would need for his weapons, and we left the workshop.

I was more and more impressed with this guy. Clearly, he wasn’t the usual engineering nerd. I wondered how often he’d come across this, working for Trans-Galactic. Either he was a real conspiracy-theorist sort of guy, the paranoid sort, with a mini-arsenal, and his own militia… or this wasn’t the first time TG had something like this happen. Hmmmmm…makes you think….

As we turned the corner, a man screamed from somewhere close by…a terrible, blood-curdling scream. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. As Hida and I looked quickly at one another, the scream was suddenly cut off. He put his finger to his lips, and I nodded. We slowed down, trying to move silently up the hallway…

"More organics detected," the machine said to its self.... Good .. the faster the experiments would go the sooner the one's would be happy. with that thought the machine went into a almost hibernation mode.

The sceen was horrable... the first reaction of B was to retch, but fear kept her stomach in check. Hida motioned for her to stay back. Who was she to argue. "See that over there", he wispered "thats a warbot, high end a-5000 series, and deadly as all hell" Hida furowed his brows , something about the brutatly of the scene just didnt seem right, a a-5000 series would fight but would never brutely slaughter people like this.

The whole thing just was wrong somehow. he had to come up with a different plan. slowly he pushed B backward toward a emergancy junkture. Just then the bots eyes fired open and it rushed them. Hida flung B down the shoot and took a heavy hit of fire across his armor. The armor held but he went flayling backward down the shoot himself......
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

The machine paused to contemplate what happened... The one wearing a strange material as covering withstood the heavy chunks of lead.... hmmmm. most facinating, maybe there is a difference in species or maybe the coverings were stronger than the lead. Oh well something else to log, yes the ones would be happy most happy.

Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

It happened so fast. the fall. B thought for sure she would have been more badly injured but the armor that Hida had given her had greatly reduced the blow. "AAAAAHAHAHAHAH" came hida landing almost right on top of her. Thud.... "Hida???" she ran over to shake him to see if he was ok. Hida groaned and rolled over on his back. The once pristine red steel armor on his chest had a few dents in it. "Bah flipped out bot, That should never happen. Brutatly like that was never programed into The warbot seires.'

She looked at him "Is that all you can think of, The thing is on a rampage, and all you can think of is faulty programming.... Kinda like saying IT'S NOT MY FAULT". She frowned.

Hida grimiced a rib was cracked if not broken "Yea well if ya don't know the machine ya can forget about ever stopping it, Those things have 2 inches of carbon steel layered on top of a notrum enhanced adamantium frame"... Hida was now starting to sound like a tech head.. spitting out tearms and drooling in a almost foreing language.... finaly he stopped..."But what i can tell you is this, If the thing aint stopped. were all dead".

Two more organics and two more experiments.... The machine wanted to test out those coverings again but all these organics coverings were soft, and tore easy.... Must find those organics that had escaped.... oh yea and a vacuum test must be done as well soon... the one's needed to know the organics tollerances to negitive pressures.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Busted.
    Grounded.

(gawd I love sci-fi)
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123