Thread: What to do about reflect bracers

Angry What to do about reflect bracers

I know that FunCom is going to be changing reflect bracers. I wish they wouldn't. I don't see the need for just flat nerfing. Here is the idea I have:

1) All existing soldier reflect shields will be made self only.

2) New soldier reflect shields will added which can be given to others. These new reflect shields can follow funcoms idea of level requirements if they want, doesn't really matter to me.

3) Reflect bracers will not be changed.

4) TMS will stack with a soldier's regular reflect shield so that it is not killed by TMS.

5) TMS will not add to the soldier's amount of damage reflect but instead simply sets the amount reflect to 75%.

6) The amount of NCU required to cast TMS will be reduced

What this will mean is that a soldier level 190+ could potentially have 72% reflect for a single damage type all the time. The TMS will be beneficial because it will set reflect to exactly 75% across all damage types. Once TMS wears off the soldier's reflect amount will return to normal and because TMS will stack with the existing soldier reflect shield they will not lose it.

This idea would make me happy and I should think it will make many others happy as well.

Okay - flame away or give your ideas. I just don't see the need for this change. This just puts me one more nerf closer to the cancel button.

woohoo and us engies can get 66% reflect then still
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

well... I pointed out in another thread that the 50% damage we have right now is the equivalent of the TL6 bracers... I personally just wish they'd undo the 50% damage. All it has proven to do was hurt all the classes that have no debuffs and no heals.

And these are what you are getting in exchange for your unbalancing bracers.

Read each one, they all have different effects... even if they have the same name, still, 10 bracers to choose from, and probally all 200 ql's too.

*edit*

Even if level reqs on ANYTHING suck harder than a drunken catholic prom-date.
    Last edited by Arstic; Sep 17th, 2002 at 19:33:46.

Nerf Nano Techs! Oh wait.. that was for anoher thread.

Actually.. I dont mind the changes with teh bracers going on. Seems like they are going to be more thought out.. isntead of all just being pretty much the same. Cool effects etc.. and who knows.. maybe we will get a lot more different cool ones to play with.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

For one I don't think the original bracers were "unbalancing", as anyone of the proper title could get them, but apparently FC chooses to listen primarily to a handful of PVPers. But assuming that these bracers actually make it into the game, they hardly are a fair trade for the other bracers. I notice they only can be worn on one hand as well. But I guess we should be thankfull for ANY crumb they give us though at this point. Lets just hope that FC doesn't have the mob(s) that drop the materials spawn every 18 hours or so.

A: ... (thinks for a bit) oh shaighte... your right, a much better way to deal with the bracer inbalance would be to add an attack pause to its equip, (like weapons) or remove the weapon attack pause, along with a weapon hacking tradeskill ablity, (change damage type and such) or make more weapons.

Reducing their effectiveness and worth was just the lazy way out. God... I Do like the idea of two duelers switchin weapons and bracers like mad trying to keep up with each other. just think, a pvp'er would ALWAYS need atleast 2 backpacks, each open at all times, else, you'd get smacked around while you we're scrolling.

but as it is, i agree, in my time on ao, i have mangaed to find one bracer, and it was shielding, and ql 12, so pretty much useless. the ablity to do half a person's damage right back at them at their attack speed, gives the bracer pvp'er 50% damage advantage, its (in my opinion) just as bad a a lvl 200 fixer casting ql 200 hots on a friend. but... its not like they're ever going to make things like that and ganking impossible, if all they are willing to do is the simplest fix.

B: When i first read up on em, that was true. but since then, they have done several things, A: made the bracers upgradeable, B: giving you the ablity to make a bracer that could be worn on the right or left wrist, and C: (sigh) making the bracers a partial quest item. you have to build it, but you have to be arul saba's errand boy to finish it.