Thread: Low Level Yalms GONE

Low Level Yalms GONE

Having a quick look through the changes that Jayde listed at http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/updatelist.html

I noticed his comment about yalm Low QL's changing from 30 to 50.

So it looks like it is time to quickly buy your low level yalms for your alts.

Anyone fancy lending me 5 mil?
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

...what about the yalms that are below ql 50?
    One of my alts has a ql 40 yalm. Please tell me I won't loose it.

Smile

This was an error in 14.6.0.1 which has been corrected in 14.6.0.2 - see here.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

That is nice to know. I was getting ready to do some asset stripping to pay for a yalm for my current favourite alt.

It wouldn't suprise me if funcom did up the lower QL though. Gets fewer twinks in yalms and means more money and xp expenditure to get a yalm.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Arrow

They may have changed the minimum QL that yalms are generated at mind you, haven't checked shops recently...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

I just bought a QL 33 Yalmaha for my MA
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

i thought the ql of the yalm was being replaced by SPECIAL?

The QL of yalms is 'Special' now on test... but they STILL come in various QL's, you just don't get told what QL they are.

They still have varying prices, amount of runspeed buff, required Vehicle Air, etc. (Old Yalm is same as it was, just now 'Special' QL, while store has others, etc.)

If this change made it to live, I think you might have risked loosing your Yalm. I sent in a note about this test-server staff once I saw it.

Anyways, if they wanted higher QL thruout the spectrum, they could just have disabled shops from spawning down to QL30. No big task.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

No, you didn't loose it, but the requirements were all screwy on yalms below 50, so a ql30 needed 134 and a ql32 53...

Now all is as it was, except no ql...

So what exactly does changing Yalms to QL SPECIAL accomplish? I'm rather confused by this.

Originally posted by Harammer
    So what exactly does changing Yalms to QL SPECIAL accomplish? I'm rather confused by this.
    You're not the only one.

Nothing but Id suspect it makes looking them up in DB harder.

Ever see a ql 100 Yalm in a shop? There will be one quality now, all with same reqs and speed. Same costs as well. Its like maps being quality 1, whats a ql 2 map gonna accomplish? Make maps special too I say!
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Saruzi
    Ever see a ql 100 Yalm in a shop? There will be one quality now, all with same reqs and speed. Same costs as well. Its like maps being quality 1, whats a ql 2 map gonna accomplish? Make maps special too I say!
    eh? Maybe not QL 100 on the nose. But I have a QL 30 for my Engie and 35 for my MA and I've seen them up to the low 100's in the shops.

But that's hella lame if they make them all the same requirements and speed. Welcome to cookie cutter online.

FC, do you really want another Freedom Arms like fiasco? That's what you're going to get if you do this. I don't want to log in and find my hard earned Yalm sitting useless in my inventory. Like my old Freedom Arms.

I've never understood the concept of putting Special tags on non-unique QL items. Stuff like Flak Flowers Body Armor and whatnot doesn't seem like it has any reason to be unidentifiable...

Removing it on Yalms could signal they they only are sticking 1 QL in the shops from now on, who knows. I haven't checked that on test recently--been too busy. =)

-Jayde