Thread: Weapon Fire animation

Cool Weapon Fire animation

Hey all. Was wondering what the coolest weapon firing animation/effects were. Preferably on a weapon that can be found as QL1. Im looking for some cool effects to add to my NT. I dont have the IP for a real weapon, so want to get a low QL one that looks cool so people think Im at least doing something some of the time. Already found a low lvl hammer that I have fun running around the city with, now just need something for when I actually fight mobs and such.
    Frederick "Nanosimpson" Swanzy

Used to be Tom Orbin, then I ran into a backyard and found a name changing machine, oopsy, silly me

Coolest one I ever found was the Neutrino Flash in the Steps of Madness. Has a nice Quake 3ish railgun shot to it.

Try a Magical Stave of Inferno, its a stick but it fires like a gun. Thought it was pretty cool. Wish the effects were more spectacular though.

Also:

Banjo
    Hayfork
    Omni-med Butter Cakes
    Water Balloon

Those are cool looking but no effects

More toys in this game than viable weapons...
    Bandersnatch - Opifex Enforcer

I found funny stuff to run around with already. Hayfork, hammer(paper or real), and my personal favorite, a chair! I do have a staff of inferno, last I recall it wasn't that great. Would try it out again, but it takes too high of a skill than I can easily acquire, would need to look for buffs, not something I want to do too much, very boring. Did do some testing earlier, best I found was a sparkling HSR arms. Very cool effect after it fires, supposed to be sparks shooting out.. but looks a lot more like flames. I urge everyone to try it out, or watch me shoot it, worth it. Next best would be an el-dieu. Looks much like the sleekblasters and such, white/slightly rainbow beam. But the difference with the el-dieu is upon impact it ignites in a little orange fireball.
    I will have to try out that Neutrino Flash, you know where in SoM I may acquire it? Would it be possible to solo it as a lvl 79 NT? I tested out some bow that looked like a rail like effect as well, hopefully its different as it wasn't very exciting.

Used to be Tom Orbin, then I ran into a backyard and found a name changing machine, oopsy, silly me

I always thought the good old fashioned flame thrower had a nice effect. Easy to equip too.

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
    Try a Magical Stave of Inferno, its a stick but it fires like a gun. Thought it was pretty cool. Wish the effects were more spectacular though.

Also:

Banjo
    Hayfork
    Omni-med Butter Cakes
    Water Balloon

Those are cool looking but no effects

More toys in this game than viable weapons...
    For the banjo effect turn up your sound.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

IIRC The Original Plasma Emitter has some brutal looking special effects, especially when it fires a burst. Terrible gun though...

Cheers,

~R~

Manged to acquire the Neutrino Flash weapon last night. Before I could equip it(skills a lot higher than this poor IP-less NT could afford) a guildmate had it and showed it off for me. And I must say, not all that impressed. Pretty much the same effect as the bow-blaster, just more blueish. Afterwards, I showed him the sparkling HSR arms, and he admitted it was far better. And I managed to acquire a second one of low quality lvl and dual wield, so now I can shoot out double the flame power, woot!
    Yea, I figured a flame thrower would look cool, but I can't seem to locate a good low lvl one in the stores. Ill go check out the plasma emitter as well, I don't care about weapon stats mostly, just effects. Though I would prefer if it had a somewhat decent attack speed so I could see the effects more often.