Thread: Brawl/Dimach recharge

Brawl/Dimach recharge

Since initiative now effects recharge rates, and, unless I am misinformed, recharge rates effect weapon special attack recycle times(burst, fling ect) wouldnt it make sence to have physical initiative effect the recharge times of Braw and Dimach?

I have seen soldiers firing off bursts with weapons that used to recycle in 45 seconds every 15 to 20 seconds. It seems only equitable that either the skills associated physical attacks, or the initiative used for them, could decrease the recycle times of those attacks by a certain percentage.

I agree totally. Why should MAs be handicapped with attacks that never get any faster due to init?

definitely agree, very good idea !

i dont do! brawl has a refresh rate from somethign like 15-20 seconds. thats fast enuff.

dimach is ment to be a special ueber attack. sure it takes a bit long to recharge but its a SOUL ATTACK. takes all ur soulpower to execute.

a MA has critbuffs, AC buffs, MA buffs ... why do u need more?
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Achmed20
    dimach is ment to be a special ueber attack. sure it takes a bit long to recharge but its a SOUL ATTACK. takes all ur soulpower to execute.
    It's a 30 minute recharge. That's more than 'a bit long' to recharge . I'm not high enough to know this, but does it ever hit for 10k in PvM? If not, then it's not even a special uber attack - it's less than one good aimed shot once every 30 minutes.

Mine hits for 4.6k and it's commonly parried. FC hinted that they would make this type of change in shadowlands, shorten recharge depending on skill. If anything, Dimach is the most underpowered attack in the game... A wen-wen will do more damage over time.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

a MA has critbuffs, AC buffs, MA buffs ... why do u need more?
    well, for one, the basic MA dmg is very low compared to weapons. Second, their crits are still very low compared to weapon crits. My MA friend does around 2.5k with a crit max, and regular hits around 1k MAX. I have been in teams where others easily and frequently crit for 4.5-5k and get hits as high as his criticals can go (I burst for 4-6k regularly, he canot match that).

Sure MAs get crit buffs, but its not the same as a shottie wielding trader with the same crit buff. MA cannot do 5k crits, they can do maybe 2k, which incidentally is what I can do without getting a crit.

Dimach does dmg comperable to Burst from a decent weapon (the high end of the burst), but instead of having a recharge of 30 seconds or something, its 20 minutes.

If Dimach is supposed to be a "special ueber attack" then shouldnt it do a hell of alot more dmg (10k at high lvls sounds about right although thats still low for its recycke time), or do the current dmg more often.

Look at it this way, I can burst every 1 minute for an average of 4k dmg (maximum 7k). MAs can Dimach for about 4k every 20 or 30 minutes. Does that seem like an "uber" attack to anyone?

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Achmed20
    And it don't take much to be parried. Bleh.

I'm all for decreasing Dimach recharge time.

or better yet. keep dimach the way it is, but in pvp make it hit for 100% damage. mine is maxed and implanted and i still hit for less that 5k.

would be a nice thing to make up for all the pvp ma nerfs.

ok, didnt know that dimach gets parried so often.
    but my suggestion is
    make it more powerfull (double dmg)
    and make it unparryable (its a SOUL attack so it realy should hit)

for the MA crits, sur the MA crits r not that high, but i hit more frequently and faster then a trader will ever do. so MA does 2 hits liek 2k dmg and a trader (or whatever) 1 does hit for 2k dmg

but back to the topic. make dimach more powerfull and leave brawl as it is.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Talking Dimach unblockable???

Dimach seems to hit for a pretty fixed amount of damage all the time (Based on skill of course). Making it unblockable is just out of the question. A recycle rate of once every 10 minutes seems more acceptable. Let's take PvP for an example, a guaranteed 2k hit does feel a bit too good in my opinion... if that suggestion goes through, I want a 1 min Nullity Sphere for PvP, or that Full Auto always hits for max ;P

It is a superb idea to reduce recharge time along with the increased init.

...What I thought about, is that we should be able to see how long until next special attack. You know like the rechargetime of a nano, you can see how it decreases until it is ready again. Shouldnt the same go for special attacks, so you could plan the fights?

Like: "Hey, only 1 minute left to Dimach, lets save it for the boss"
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive