Thread: Bring back shopbot

Bring back shopbot

Shopbot was a great way that people could buy and sell items.

I assume it was created, like all other bots, by players for players. But then it was gone

I would like to see it, or something similar implemented officially in game. Maybe as a terminal or something.

Trading is a real pain having to check the boards, or listerning in on the channels.

I dont even know what happend to it. when I started playing I heard shop bot Advertiseing peoples items.

Then a few weeks later it wasn't online anymore.

What did happen to it?

FC never had anything to do with shopbot.... I think this is off topic....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Indeed - This should be in the Community forum or something like that.

The Shopbot was developed and maintained by a player.
    I think he got tired of it and took it down.

It has nothing to do with FunCom.

Though I'm sure that many would like some sort of Auctioning system that works when you go to bed and all that. After all, it IS in the far future.

Like ... a place where you could put it up for bids, with a time limit, and then the auctioneering robot will display it in designated Terminals all over Rubi-Ka and people can put bids on it.
    When the time runs out, highest bidder gets the item and if there's no bidders, it goes back to the owners Inventory / Bank
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

The original poster was well aware that Shopbot was made by a player. His point was that Funcom needs to do something similar. That is, make a selling and auction tool that is fully integrated into the game.

As such, his post is in exactly in the right spot: suggestions for new features.

I fully agree. The selling and other bots made by players, while better than nothing, are ultimately hacks, because they can only operate through text. You can't store or retrieve items without direct personal interaction; there are no terminals (ie. a fully functional GUI) in the world to browse, order, select, and bid on stuff, etc; no full catalog of items currently under auction. Etc. Etc.

Such features are basic to a workable economy. The currrent selling channels are absurdly primitive, and promote spamming, and standing around for hours trying to buy and sell stuff, that may or may not be of interest to people, or available. Shopbot was a step in the right direction, but by no means a complete feature. What we need is something well thought out and complete. This is Funcom's job.

shopbot ... PLEASE
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Shopbot, pawn shop, hell anything that makes selling easier. Been trying to get a static shop for player owned tradeskill peces for a while now.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

vendors *drools*

veding machines (the logical derivative for AO) *drools onto his shoe*
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Not the same as shopbot but definatley handy and similar

www.wolfrage.com/joystore

If for nothing else other than inventory management
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"