Thread: sizible (or at least larger) inventory screen...

sizible (or at least larger) inventory screen...

Hey,

What do you guys think about making the inventory box (now 3x3) larger? Or maybe sizible for those who run the game at low-res? It is quite annoying to have such a small viewible inventory.

Reply here if ya thing this is a good idea (i.e. bump, etc.)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dep; Dec 23rd, 2001 at 23:53:09.

Thumbs up

I think this is a great idea. I hate having to scroll so much to get stuff in my inventory. Even if it was only increased to 4x4, it would be much better.

CZ once mentioned looong time ago, that they were looking into resizing a whole bunch of windows and stuffs.

A short while after that you could suddenly resize the info box (like when you inspect an item) but the inventory never followed suit - I guess it gave them problems.

Personally, I'd love to have a resizable inventory.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Absolutely. Resizeable Inventory and Bank windows would absolutely rock.

Predefined sizes

I would suggest that we get predefined sizes we can select, maybe in the top of each inventory window. Like you can select 3x3, 6x6 or even 2x10! This its just a matter about of which option you have selected and then use it, instead when you got 14 backpacks with each their size, 5x2, 6x4,6x5 bla bla...

Of course, thats just my opinion
    Jack "McGreed" McReed, Fixer
    Member of Rage-Driven Pacifists
    "If life is just a dream, no wonder I keep drinking coffee..."

That would also be nice. I would just like a little flexibility.

This has been on our wish list for a very long time. And since they did allow us to resize a number of other windows I bet they have some kind of reason why they don't want us to resize the inventory window. It's not a bug it's a feature!!

Stacking treatment kids and stims would be nice too.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Resizable with an option for a stickybar on the window. Umm the quickbar is great but you can't access gear in bags from it so...
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Possibly they've had reflow problems with them, and gave up because of it.

I.E. your inv has 48 slots (not sure if this is right, but bear with me) organized as 3x16. If you rearranged it to be 5 slots wide, you'd have 9 rows... plus a bit. That bit might be causing FC a problem.

Just a thought as to why it might not have made it in.

Should be doable though, and a definite bump.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well, how about this? It's currently 3 columns, 16 rows, 3 rows viewable at any one time (assuming the 48 is correct).

Now, 2, 3, 4 all go into 48. We won't talk about 1 So you could resize it horizontally to be 2x24, 3x16(current), or 4x12.

What I, personally, would like to see, is vertical resizing. It'd be nice if I could "snap" my inventory to only display two of the rows, or even one (I think I'd stick with two). So, if you had the current 3 columns, you could vertically resize your inventory window to display anywhere from 1 to 16 rows. With 2 columns, anywhere from 1 to 24 (if that many fit on the screen). With 4 columns, 1 to 12.

Just a thought. Would eliminate "the little bit extra" problem.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Re: sizible (or at least larger) inventory screen...

Originally posted by Ripper
    Hey,

What do you guys think about making the inventory box (now 3x3) larger? Or maybe sizible for those who run the game at low-res? It is quite annoying to have such a small viewible inventory.

Reply here if ya thing this is a good idea (i.e. bump, etc.)

Thanks.
    While you're at it add the ability to open 3 or 4 packs(windows) at once instead of just 2.

Would make banking so much easier.

Good idea.

What I would like :

- Resizable Inventory
    - Resizable Bank window
    - More bags open at the same time

*bump*
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Well if the overflow thing is what is causing the problem perhaps instead of making the window completely sizeable like most windows they could instead give players two or three options for size.

[] [][] [][][]

Those three boxes could be on top of the inventory screen and stand or

[] Normal Size or Default

[][] Double Size

[][][] Triple Size

This way they could work with fixed predicable values and players can have more options for displaying their inventory rather than the tiny static box we currently have.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Lots of good ideas. Hopefully someone at FC will spot this.

One thing that always bugged me is mouse scroll wheels and the info panes. Panes like your actions (ctrl-2) and uploaded nanos (ctrl-8) have relatively few things to scroll through yet your scroll wheel works with it. Others, like your friends/channels list (ctrl-7) can have many pages of info, yet you have to manually scroll through it by clicking or dragging. PITA.

Another thing that always bugged me were Esc levels. For instance you have an info box open, two of your bags, a chat box going, and a target selected. I don't remember the exact order, but hitting Esc once will close the info box, again will close your chat box, and a third time will close your bags/loot windows and deselect your target, not to mention stop you from attacking it! IMO, Esc stopping an attack should be last on that list, and they should all be separate levels. No two things should be closed with one hit of the button.

And not to hijack the thread, allowing all of the inventory windows to be resized even vertically would be a big help. Bank management would be less of a chore. Banks should also let you pick up items when you click on them, like from bags, instead of just dumping it to your inventory when you click on it, like loot and reward windows do.

Uh... yeah.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

You mention some good idea, but I am taking this boat back!

Now back to the issue at hand...

It's mine, dammit! I hijacked it fair and square!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.