Thread: Customizable weapons

Customizable weapons

Funcom has been on the right track with adding new weapons and armor to the game, such as the sealed receptacles. The problem is that most classes still have only one or two decent weapon choices. Adding tradeskill weapons just adds one more weapon option. What they really need to do is allow players to design their own weapons. This would add a whole lot more variety to the game. Obviously FC has some sort of formula that they refer to when creating new weapons. (At least I hope they do) Just let players have access to this formula through tradeskills. I.E. Bigger bullets means more damage but smaller clip size. The base component could be boss loot with the same drop chance as a div 9 or an x-3. That way the custom weapons could be as powerful as these 'standard' weapons that everybody uses, but they would be customized to the player.

BUMP no kidding, why not put in a whole slew of random Kombi-weapon recipes from tradeskill components. Make em screwed up unless you get the right components. How many times Have I looked at say a fixers skills and gone... hmm light blue rifle and fling shot... SO wheres the Rifle/SMG/Flingshot weapons?

The SMG/Fling, SMG/Rifle/Fling/Burst? Make the damage comparably lower, but not TOO low, like all the non "profession perfect" weapons. **I mean by that the weapons that use a professions most common desired 2-4 skills exactly, why do those all have the best damage??**
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

agreed

Ive been saying this for a while now. Every time FC comes out with a new weapon it makes the 1 before it obsolete. This is because the new weapon is essentially the same as the old 1 but with bette damage output. New weapons should be differnt fom old 1s, but not necessarily better. What i mean is, make similar weapons with different specials, or different att/rech times (adjusting damage accordingly)
    It could work like this:

New random loot 1he:
    att: 2.5
    rech: 2.5
    dam: 60-500(250)
    req: 1000 1he
    650 Brawl

with tradeskil additions u could make it:
    att: 1.0
    rech: 1.0
    dam: 40-240(300)
    650 brawl

or:
    at: 2.0
    rech: 2.0
    dam: 50-450(200)
    650 Brawl
    650 Fastattack

maybe some alterations that lower the damage (relatively) but change the damage type, etc.

so in this way any 2 given players using this weapon more than likely have 2 totally different modifications on it.