Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVENT: Rubikan Olympics - coming soon to a planet near you!

Ahh so thats how roots are supposed to work, spent all last night trying to root one mob and he wasn't gonna have any of it :P

Am trying to think up more ideas at the moment for something wonky...urm I mean event to organise. I have a barbecue planned but its all kinda too sedate, although....

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a couple ql300 Anti-Matter devices from? ;P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Thumbs down Event times

Originally posted by Nyadach
    Sorry bout delay on dates, they have that wait 3 days for them to be posted...but on brief its as follows:

All times are BST (GMT+1, EST-4)
    hot damn! these are early.
    /me bonk my head to turn off my internal wake-up alarm
    Vashti Vashtiklorna Toussand,
    Nanomage Liberation Front.
    "Until all are free!"

Um...doesn't Newland Lake have piranha in it?
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

most aquaan lifeforms as piranhas and sharks are extinct since ~4-6 month.

for transportations issues on rimor i may can assist during the event. u can contact me in game or over the pm system.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

*Cosmik*
    Originally posted by Nyadach
    but we did enjoy having Cosmik back then as the finishing line judge *sigh* guess we won't this time

I can be there, as long as my new internet connection is up and running (moving house can be fun, yet a pain, at the same time).

I think I might rather compete, though.

Will there be a closing ceremony with medals?

Originally posted by Ognom
    Will there be a closing ceremony with medals?
    Its currently more a closing ceremony with lots of alcohol...but were trying to come up with some kinda prizes...eek starts tomorrow and I still aint found a football uniform
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Bump to this starting today
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Thumbs up

wow! I had been wondering about ways olympic events would be held on Rubi-Ka and now you've done it!

I'll try to come watch at least some of the events; some look like they would be lots of fun to follow

Aww nuts...

Aww this looked good... and i missed the first day :-( oh well.. always tomarrow
    Maudon RK-2 Fixer (Dream Setup #1) Proud Member of Nemesis
    Josil RK-2 Temple Twink

DAY ONE: Results of the Speedway

Well the first day is over, and we have our first results

The RK1 Speedway was amazingly popular, and had to be split up into three heats with a final which had those who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the heats. The results were as follows:

Heat one:
    1st: Isdav
    2nd: Muise
    3rd: Ploonka

Heat two:
    1st: Dranx
    2nd: Thelegend
    3rd: Evalissa

Heat three:
    1st: Nymkah
    2nd: Myers
    3rd: Kelden00

In the final for the Speedway, the result was a bit confusing due to atmospheric problems ((ok lag)) and due to this it was a tie between:

Final:
    1st: Dranx/Myers
    3rd: Kelden
    4th: Nymkah

Congratulations to these racers
    I would also like to thank the very kind citizen, Mr Dave Diamondcut who donated the winners prize after taking part in the races himself. And I would like to also thank Gridstream Productions for attending also

Due to the overrun of the RK1 event, the RK2 event unfortunately started an hour late. But it did start I would also like to thank the neutrals organisations The Revolution and Shattered Dreams for assistance also.

1st: Luvva
    2nd: Nhadych
    3rd: Oreon

Thank you to all those who supported this event, and those who competed.

Todays events are the 100m fixer sprint (unfortunately for fixers only), and the Yalmaha valley race which will take place in Broken Shores at the Dead Maze ((if you want an idea of the race think rod racing from Episode 1 but down the valley avoiding the walls, picking the best route and not flying out of the valley)).
    Catch you there tonight
    Last edited by Nyadach; Apr 22nd, 2003 at 08:18:49.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

It's a shame that we can't convince the Omni Guards in Lush Hills Resort to take an impromtu holiday.......I'd pwn the high dive competition!
    tricks

Quote ::

"I would also like to thank the very kind citizen, Mr Dave Diamondcut who donated the winners prize after taking part in the races himself. "

Very kind indeed... *Rolls his eyes* No doubt the prizes where pryed from the dead hands of someone he had recently slain.

I'm surprised to hear he did not win the race. Lord knows he excells at 'running' ... perhaps if he was being chased, he could have done better.

Congratulations to the Winners, and the Organizers of these events for making them a success. A job well done.
    *Cuts to the cold static of an ended Grid-feed...*

Division 9 RSGE

Originally posted by tricks
    It's a shame that we can't convince the Omni Guards in Lush Hills Resort to take an impromtu holiday.......I'd pwn the high dive competition!
    As a matter you might get a chance....we're still having problems locating enough MPs for the Clay MP shooting, and we might have to change it to the gymnastics event....but the idea of high diving is also now in the list as possible replacements for the MP event (since they've all done a runner it seems...can't think why).

As for the guards, I am sure something can be done to convince them they need a holiday We'll let everyone know hopefully tomorrow of what will happen in regards to the Clay MP shooting.

Originally posted by Daetona
    Very kind indeed... *Rolls his eyes* No doubt the prizes where pryed from the dead hands of someone he had recently slain.

I'm surprised to hear he did not win the race. Lord knows he excells at 'running' ... perhaps if he was being chased, he could have done better.
    I think he looked more in shock actually. There he was coming out of the “Ross Room” in Borealis just as a huge mob of people ran over the hill right for him. His face was a picture though as they just all ran right past him. Bet he was expected to get mobbed and hung out to dry or something hehe. Had to admit it was so funny.

But he hasn’t seemed to have done anything much of late, and it would seem he’s gone clean and is trying to redo his life as a upstanding member of the community. And being neutral as well, some of us are we hope he does do well. We all have our shady pasts and skeletons in the cupboard. Hope if he continues as he did that evening he’ll be respected for his good work for the citizens of Rubi-ka

Well, it’s the boat race and archery tonight…can’t wait for the boating hehe. The practice runs were hysterical. Will have the results from last nights events, and the current standings in the medals table later today
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

The Lush Resort Guards are pushovers, just rentacops for the resort

I could easily calm them, and if their respawn rate is low, kill em too.

(OOC)

Oh Bugger it !! Did I miss the fixers 100m and Yalm race? If so who were the winners etc?

Oh and wished I saw Daves reaction too

(/OOC)

While walking down the street to the next event, you pass hundreds of stalls selling T-shirts, pins, programs, and tours...One man on the corner catches your eye, and you focus on his voice out of all the hub-bub

Thats right folks! Bliqz's Cook Book is the only official cook book of the Rubi-Ka Olympics! Get yours now and recieve a FREE jar of Bliqz's Own clanner Marinade! Just imagine the look on your guests faces when you serve up a steaming pile of Uwen Back Ribs at YOUR next party or piknic!

Thats right folks! Bliqz's Cook Book is the only official....
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Bliqz
    [BThats right folks! Bliqz's Cook Book is the only official cook book of the Rubi-Ka Olympics! Get yours now and recieve a FREE jar of Bliqz's Own clanner Marinade! Just imagine the look on your guests faces when you serve up a steaming pile of Uwen Back Ribs at YOUR next party or piknic![/B]
    I thought it was sponsored by the BFC? the premium quality greasey products of RK?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

In the Fixers 100m Dash, which had to be moved from Varmint Woods to Borealis due to the possibility for flying (or more like falling) fixers. The winners were:

1st: Wrathgrit
    2nd: Fikksit
    3rd: Triplef

On the RK2 event, we unfortunately suffered from lack of interest (bear that of moans of how much will we pay them to run) and as such unfortunately the race was not run

Then there was the big event, the Yalmaha Valley race in the Dead Maze, Broken Shores. The idea of this was for everyone to race down the valley from the same start point, and meet at the exit point given by co-ordinates without the need of flying out of the valley. The amusing thing was, the race was possible, and was tested multiple times and it takes about 8-10minutes to do. Unfortunately it seems the navigation training in Rubi-kan schools these days isn’t what it once was, and instead of heading North (as a rough direction considering they are inside a maze), it seems all the entrants went South. After 30 minutes search party’s were sent out and the contestants were located at the far south edge of the maze ((I had to admit I was creased up laughing by this point)). They attempted to find the way north but it seems they failed, and so a compromise of who was the first to the place where they all meet on the south edge of the maze was made…so in such case, the results are:

1st: Ognom
    2nd: Prezidential
    3rd: Deuscloud

And I would like to thank Gridstream Productions again for attending once more : )
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Current Medal Standings:

Current standings table:

Gold Silver Bronze Points:
    Omni: 2 2 1 11
    Neut: 2 2 1 11
    Clan: 1 0 2 5

(3 points for Gold, 2 for Silver, 1 for Bronze)

Looks like the Clans are currently a bit behind after the first 2 days...can they make a come back? we'll have to find out in tonights events, the Archery and the Cross-country Boat Race.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast