Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charred Abaddon Chassis vs SL

Charred Abaddon Chassis vs SL

Not being awkward, and I understand the need for alot of items not to be made usable with CAC, but Metawater Repellent Spiritech Suit is the same slot as our chassis?

No doubt this post will incite a few flames, but it's getting a bit silly that all of the items that appear in SL are not taking into account social armour types?

Give us "something" at least.... :/
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

So in other words... players not using "normal" armour will drown in Adonis... and it is bye bye to all tank armours, coats, nelebs, +++

That seem a bit unthought of, but than again it may be a try to nerf some ac from us... wich brings us back to why SL mobs got uber damage and AC's...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Flapsie
    So in other words... players not using "normal" armour will drown in Adonis... and it is bye bye to all tank armours, coats, nelebs, +++

That seem a bit unthought of, but than again it may be a try to nerf some ac from us... wich brings us back to why SL mobs got uber damage and AC's...
    They were heavily into the latter stages of development of SL when they dropped the CAC into AO. Surely they must have known....
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

So from the way they sound you will need this stuff to servive in the other lands. Scary!
    Therefore, Those who know martial arts do not wander when they move, and do not become exhausted when they rise up. So it is said that when you know yourself and others , victory is not in danger; when you know the sky and earth, victory is inexhaustible. ~Sun Tzu's The Art Of War~

Rypley (Belive it or not)
    President of Red Tigers retired

Tyvek Advisor of DI-RT

The DoT goes up to about 2,500 per 5 secs later on.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

So basically the reward for hours of camping to get an underwater suit wil be to have my tank armor replaced with uber 50 ACs ... yay! (Feel sorry for CAC Soldiers :/ ...)

And the same camping again in another zones to get protective boots?

Great ... while I could somewhat get along with these 2 uber-items, I simply cannot exchange MY EVIL GOAT HELMET for Hyper-Radiation Protection Skin and Glasses!!!

They can nerf my nukes, my calms, my blinds, my roots, my warps (over half of it is done already ) ... take my money, my solo-abilities, my nerves ... BUT NOT MY GOAT HELMET!!!

*cries*
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

I know me and all the rest of the adventurers will be rather... TICKED if any of those items change you from shape==human to shape==anything else since it would mean they cannot use any of their morphs.... especially considering this was brought up on the beta forums and we were told flat out that we should worry and that it was a nonissue because only one item (the soldier thing) that people use changes your shape.

Worst of all i bet the stuff aitn flatterign, so not only are we going to be wearing thin plastic armour but we are all going to look the same, and gimpy at that. Surely there must be somethign we can do so we dont need to wear the stuff all the time?
    If you can't live without them, why aren't you dead yet?

They don't tetra, there would be a MonsterShape effect on the item otherwise.

The issues soldiers have is some of them missing the CanBeWornWithSocialArmor flag, but it's nothing advs have to worry about.

*cross-posts this with the soldier forum*
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Suits? Haven't they invented wearable forcefields or something yet 30k years in the future?

i think mayb a wrist or hud item would be better, using forcefield tech, this also makes it hard for alot of people to get armor back on...gotta get alot fo outside buffs or change implants ect to do it.
    -Be one with the poptart-
    Poptart-fu Master "Thundera" leet My Journal

For Testlive info please check out:www.anarchyonline.ORG

*whine howl whine crie* I hope FC drowns in my river of tears... My CAC have to go ???? NOOOOO... somebody fix this - You throw us a nice suit of armor, only to make it useless a month or 2 later ????? *sulk*

------------------
    edit: On a more sensible note... the CAC is a battlesuit and therefore a fully enclosing suit. It's so hermetic that nanobots have problems getting through, and you're gonna tell me that I can drown wearing it ?? You gotta be kidding... And the CAC has the best possible fire AC pre-SL so I don't think that lava should be a big issue for it... o_O
    Last edited by Bjarkoff; Sep 18th, 2003 at 17:09:29.

I think people are missing the point that this is supposed to be an alternate dimension, things work differently, meaning that things might not work out in your favor......

Oh let's jsut make everything easy to get, easy to use, and work for everybody all the time. :\

adapt people, we are thinking animals for a reason, and you can't walk on water in real life either.

Nooo... not my CAC!!!

It took me soooo long (and 20 good friends) to finally get one. And when SL launched I felt un-nerfed armorwise for about a week because no one could use yalms...

Now this. I mean, soldiers are pretty much raped by the AR cap anyway... now I find out that I am to be raped AND running around nekkid... argh...

/me bites into his gimp-gun

holy crap...

I'm not even a soldier and im cringing :/
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Originally posted by Foeton
    I think people are missing the point that this is supposed to be an alternate dimension, things work differently, meaning that things might not work out in your favor......

Oh let's jsut make everything easy to get, easy to use, and work for everybody all the time. :\

adapt people, we are thinking animals for a reason, and you can't walk on water in real life either.
    Adapt? Perhaps you'd like to ask your guild to help get me a full set of Azure and AF then? Perhaps you'd like to drag them all out of SL and back into RK? You're correct that we are thinking animals for a reason... but I'd like to see the reasoning behind FC's thinking on this first. I fail to see why the Chassis ever existed, given that you need to be L161 to use it, yet, the L161+ content is in areas that you need the euipment to survive. Quite honestly, the CAC may as well never have been put in the database. What scares me more is the fact that the chassis was added to AO at a time when SL was in development.

Having just chatted with Fadinaway (at length and at times fairly heated), he's gonna pass on the details of the problem to FC, and try and get some information back as to whats happening with it. He can't promise that he can respond if they decide not to look into it further/resolve the issue, but as least it's taken one step forward.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

incredible !
    one more time, we are in pain....
    anyway i hope it will be fixed before i leave

account is runing till 29 september....it s a bit short, but considering how many times FC nerfed soldier quicker than an eyeshut, they may do this favor to us ^^

KEEP MY CAC USEFULL IN SL PLEASE !!!
    we ve been enough nerfed

angry potato
    keeper of the silly potato launcher ( yes, considering the damage dealed, my AHF must fire potato, not rad energized bolts)

enjoy getting your armour and stuff back on btw - 605 stamina with 480 breedcapped stamina? Anything giving enough to not warrent an imp switch prior to gaining SL's to make you able to equip it? (and no, not thinking enhanced DNA - that one is a waste of precious pts)
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast