Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toolbar/Hotbar changes!

Lightbulb Toolbar/Hotbar (suggested) changes!

Hey,

I have seen this issue discussed before here and there, but to be honest I think we need a much more simple solution (design wise) to our concerns then a total redesign of the bar (toolbar/hotbar). I don't believe what is proposed below would require such a radical overhaul. However, I have been wrong before and only the FC coders really know.

I hate to use another game to demonstrate what I am getting at, but it is the best example I could find right now and it is quite close to how the bar in AO is setup.

Check the bar on the right hand side of the screen.

As for how the bar works in HZ (screenshot)... It is basically identical to how the bar works in AO, with the exception that multiple instances can be created of the same bar. This allows the user to display up to 10 instances (#0-9 on the AO bar) of the "same" bar on their screen, either vertically and/or horizontally.

Hopefully this is something I am not alone in feeling strongly about. I don't expect anything radical here. Lets just build on what is in AO already.
    Last edited by Dep; Feb 24th, 2004 at 16:37:40.

yeah, its time for a change

Bump
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Horizons has the best interface in the industry. Its too bad their pve game is so sucky

I think that AO should have two rows on their toolbar just like SWG and Horizons have.

This would make me so happy

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

OMG MY ARM OWWWW!

ok ok bump then.

but really would be nice to have a working interface.

Agree 100%, having the same issue beta testing Lineage2... single hotkey bar just dosnt cut it sometimes. An agent especially could use the multiple instance hotbar in alot of cases at a high lvl..

FC should most defo consider this an option as really it is only like Psy said.. building on what is already there, not a full revamp.

i also played horizons, i truly did like the multiple instances of the hotbar... good call

re

The hotbar in its current state was developed for a game without perks.

The game now has perks, the old hotbar needs to be changed to reflect that.

Make it resizable!
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Bump - limted number of icons is not good for gameplay!
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

100% agree !

BUMP for multiple instances.
    Kyriell - Omni Keeper on RK1
    Bazookaboy - Omni Soldier on RK1
    Alka - Omni Doc on RK1

Originally posted by elwooder
    Predicament posted a nice suggestion for a new toolbar not long ago
    Hey El. I did read that before I started this thread, but what he proposes would require a more work coding and design wise then just allowing for multiple instances - imo. This doesn't mean establishing instances would be cake, but it would hopefully be less work. Also, the design in the other post is locked at 2 rows of bar. With instances you could have 10 rows of 10 icons if you wanted.
    Last edited by Dep; Feb 24th, 2004 at 16:21:44.

The HZ bar looks like two independant bars, I like that.

No need to stop there, if you can have one optional extra bar, why not make the numbers of optional bars optional?

The ability to use hotkeys for all the bars would only last to a certain point, but to customize your visual 'reach' for the simple mouseclick is also an improvement.

Originally posted by Crysantimum
    The HZ bar looks like two independant bars, I like that.

No need to stop there, if you can have one optional extra bar, why not make the numbers of optional bars optional?

The ability to use hotkeys for all the bars would only last to a certain point, but to customize your visual 'reach' for the simple mouseclick is also an improvement.
    There are actually not multiple independent bars. Instead what you see in the screenshot is simply instantiations of the original bar. What this means is that you would (i.e.) fill up the standard AO bar (i.e. lets says all 100 icon slots) and when you make a new bar it simply would be displaying one of the rows (of 10 icons) from the original bar that you filled. The bars are essentially all linked to the original. This would actually require less work then most other solutions I have seen proposed, but I am making some coding assumptions here on FC's part.

The beauty of this system is that if you just want a single bar you can have it, but if you want 2-10 bars you can also have it.
    Last edited by Dep; Feb 25th, 2004 at 04:11:15.

bumpz0rz more space for stuff would be schweet.
    Last edited by Ruined; Feb 27th, 2004 at 05:49:02.
    We're all in it together.

Mindful - Keeper
    Abscess - NT

bump

AO toolbars overlapping each other
    As I play in window mode all the time when I buy somthing from vendor I can hardly click accept or cancel button and scroll down, since this new interface overlapping the butom part of that window. Also this new little map which u can resize now, if u open some other window, like your nanos for example, it somehow closes it. Also I have all my perks specials on my second line of hotbar and when I die or relog I have to replace them all over again, cause I cant use those anymore, says "Action not available" but the picture is still same. Also would like to see separated damage and social chats.

>^..^<
    Last edited by Naski; Feb 27th, 2004 at 05:45:34.

bump!!!
    You can take our Grid Armor but u can never take our toolbars!

Might I also suggest makeing them mousewheel-scrollable?

Talking hmm

and how about somethig where I can anchor the action bars on the other side of screen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast