Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Beastnet *Rule Set And Info*

Announcement: Beastnet *Rule set UPDATED 14 May*

UPDATED TODAY

Info:
    BeastNet is a point bot created for Pandemonium.

Level Limits:
    205+ to join chat.
    210+ to roll for loot.
    215+ get a 20 point bonus (equal to 4 raids) on rolling.

There is a limit on raidlist of 48 (6 teams).
    The bot automaticly create the teams decided by:
    1) Trader/Doctor
    2) Amount of attended raids
    3) Level/Amount of rejections.

If you get rejected from a raid you recieve 1 reject point. A reject point is equal to 2 levels. So if you are 213 and have 1 reject point you will be considered level 215.

x reject points = 1 attended raid (?)

This means the bot generate the teams.
    First it lines everyone up, traders/doctors are added, people are chosen dependant on their raid experience + it take into account if people have been rejected from raids so everyone has a chance to come to a raid. Rejection is a short of "queue" system.

People who have been attending beast raids before points will be rewarded with attended raids. Meaning they will from raid1 have a higher chance of getting into the raid. In case 120+ should show for the 48 spots on day1. They will not receive a point bonus. We are talking max 20 people who have devoted ALOT of time discovering pande and making this possible in the first place get a secured spot on the first pande raid in beastnet.

Points/Loot:
    3 Bpoints (beast points) will be given for The Beast
    3 Zpoints (zodiac points) will be given for The Zodiac (Capricorn/Scorpio/Sagitatarius)
    3 Npoints (night heart points) will be given for The Night Heart
    If you die, you dont get points. Only people who make it to small island can get TNH points, only people who make it to thebeast room will get Bpoints. Therefor listening to the raidleader is the key for your survival.

Items dropping from the beast will be give point bonus for matching certain criterias.

Level limit: Being level 215+ (Reject points not considered) will give a 20 point bonus.

Profession bonus: Being a proffesion who are suposed to use the skill the Lord/Lady weapon require will give 20 point bonus.
    As shown below: (We have not looked into what is for what yet, Anger is an Assault Rifle / Full Auto weapon and is considered Soldier)

Adventurer - Lust, Hatred
    Agent - Angst
    Bureaucrat - Lust
    Doctor - Lust
    Enforcer - Abandonment, Hatred, Gluttony
    Engineer - Sloth, Lust
    Fixer - Envy
    Keeper - Pride
    Meta-Physicist - Chaos
    Shade - Deceit
    Soldier - Anger
    Trader - Greed
    (please corret this)

Breed bonus might be added on some items. But nothing decided yet (TNH belts? Stam/Str trox/soli - Agi/Sen soli/opi - Int/Psy soli/nm?)

Profession "Stars" can only be rolled by the profession that can use it.

Adventurer - Star of Freedom
    Agent - Star of Stealth
    Bureaucrat - Star of Management
    Doctor - Star of Recovery
    Enforcer - Star of Fortitude
    Engineer - Star of Inguenity
    Fixer - Star of Enterprice
    Keeper - Star of Faith
    MA - Star of Equanimity
    Meta-Physicist - Star of Moral
    NT - Star of Ardency
    Shade - Star of Enticement
    Soldier - Star of Fidelity
    Trader - Star of Interchange

Symbiants from The Night Heart is considered useless.

Loot from The Night Heart will be rolled with Npoints.
    Loot from The Beast will be rolled with Bpoints.
    Loot from The Zodiac will be rolled with Zpoints.

Bidding is silent and cost 1 point.
    Bidding will take 30 seconds.
    All items rolled at once. It is only possible to bid for 1 item/mob. You cannot bid for 2 items from The Beast.
    If an equal amount of points should be bidded from two players, a flat roll between those two will be performed automaticly.
    If no players have bidded for an item from The Beast, the item will be flat rolled.
    Zodiac/TNH loot is highend and believed to always have a bidder - No time for flat roll.

Manegement:
    Beastnet is run by a board of players. This board is not complete yet, but atm it concist of:
    Carjoy
    Deng
    Faolrin
    Phaine
    Shtylez
    Alphastriked
    Dxtructible
    Marlark
    Mirmydia
    Revalator
    Sudeke

Raidleaders:
    Kiwaczek
    Deng
    Faolrin

Bot is programmed/hosted by Snowbunnie.
    Hosting will be on a new linux box that has been ordered 12th may. Which will give 24/7 uptime.

Security:
    Ninja looting = Banable offense, not only from Beastnet but from the game.
    Board members may kick/warn disruptive players. If a ban is suggested it will need to have 51%+ for in the board.
    The point database is kept public, you can view other players points / raids / rejects from both the bot and a webpage to ensure no cheating.

. The Beastnet Board
    We believe are getting closer to a bot everyone can accept

NO FLAMING BELOW, We got 12 pages with no flames, lets keep it that way.
    Last edited by Snowbunnie; May 14th, 2004 at 16:04:36.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

WTS Remains Of Snowbunnie

Good
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

Good idea. Way better than the FFA style of RK1. It's really in the spirit with the rest of the RK2 raid bots Who's gonna code and host it btw, Ethernal or Schnano?
    Phexor: Level 216 doc [eqp] [perks]
    Phexyr: Level 187 crat
    Vigz: Level 202 shade
    Alpha Omega - Rimor

way to ruin what couldve been a fun raid zone with pointfarming

......rk2 hasnt even killed the beast yet and its already being screwed up with a pointfarm bot... the whole zone can be done with 3 teams of good ppl from what weve heard yet here we'll just lag it to death with hundreds of ppl at once..

Nice
    Mighty Hera, Level 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Mighty - Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force.

Dark Front - Want to join us? Visit our homepage!
    Don't underestimate the power of the m00! + For those who didn't kn0w!

Out of curiousity who decided there should be a bot?

When did everyone agree there should be a bot with a biding system?

Shouldn't your thread be..hey guys here is what we are thinking about regarding the loot from pand?

1. choice 1
    2. choice 2
    3. what ideas anyone got?

Do you realise how many people dont go to mercs just because they believe they will never be able to outbid anyone?
    Thats just in Rubikka...now shadows lands where you need them to be there..what incetive do they have to be there?
    And now we have both omni and clan to bid with...

Some could have argued for other systems..e.g. weighted rolls where even though you dont have as much points as someone way higher than you..you still have a minute chance of getting somethign out of it..
    Others could have argued..hey noone can wear that gear unless they are close to 220..so why not just set level limits on certain gear and flat roll it/bid for it/whatever

basically this bot has come up without informing anyone else...setting rules that affect this many people requires the people to be informed before even attempting it...
    Last edited by Sylverbane; May 9th, 2004 at 00:05:59.
    Retired 2006

Currently Playing RF online

consider yourself informed. the bot has not yet been written. please feel free to suggest/criticize/flame....whatever.

we'll read each and every post.
    Dictator

Originally posted by Sylverbane
    Out of curiousity who decided there should be a bot?

When did everyone agree there should be a bot with a biding system?

Shouldn't your thread be..hey guys here is what we are thinking about regarding the loot from pand?

1. choice 1
    2. choice 2
    3. what ideas anyone got?

Do you realise how many people dont go to mercs just because they believe they will never be able to outbid anyone?
    Thats just in Rubikka...now shadows lands where you need them to be there..what incetive do they have to be there?
    And now we have both omni and clan to bid with...

Some could have argued for other systems..e.g. weighted rolls where even though you dont have as much points as someone way higher than you..you still have a minute chance of getting somethign out of it..
    Others could have argued..hey noone can wear that gear unless they are close to 220..so why not just set level limits on certain gear and flat roll it/bid for it/whatever

basically this bot has come up without informing anyone else...setting rules that affect this many people requires the people to be informed before even attempting it...

This is informing people. This is the time to give YOUR ideas on how this is. Beastnet has not been written yet, we want peoples ideas/opinion on this. We have just made the foundation for you guys to work on. This is a peoples bot, im not here to tell you what to do, but do what you want us to do.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

consider yourself informed. the bot has not yet been written. please feel free to suggest/criticize/flame....whatever.

we'll read each and every post.
    This isn't a proposal..its a method you guys have decided is the way to go and basically you are asking for a pat on the back...

The fact that you have made it clear rolls is not the way to go is prove of teh fact that the bot is a bidding bot.
    Which goes back to my original point...noone was informed..this post shoudl have began with this is ONE suggestion..anyoen else got otehr ideas..what is best?...what we need?...

Look at what we have in general...
    We need a system to spread the loot from all 3 factions
    I can assure you that the hardcore gamers from all 3 factions will own that bot for a very long time...
    Ask yourself how many times do you think the average players are going ot come to it if points have been farmed to kingdom come...

Plus who exactly are 'we'
    Retired 2006

This isn't a proposal..its a method you guys have decided is the way to go and basically you are asking for a pat on the back...

The fact that you have made it clear rolls is not the way to go is prove of teh fact that the bot is a bidding bot.
    Which goes back to my original point...noone was informed..this post shoudl have began with this is ONE suggestion..anyoen else got otehr ideas..what is best?...what we need?...

Look at what we have in general...
    We need a system to spread the loot from all 3 factions
    I can assure you that the hardcore gamers from all 3 factions will own that bot for a very long time...
    Ask yourself how many times do you think the average players are going ot come to it if points have been farmed to kingdom come...

Plus who exactly are 'we'
    This is the way we (The beatnet board) think would be best. We are airing the idea here for people to come with suggestions.

Give your suggestions instead of telling us you dont like ours. Constructive critism.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

As for ideas...my guild is also working on fair means of spreading loot and one way that has come up is a 'fixed price' system.

This means every loot is price tagged and once you got enough points you can enter the roll for it. so it does not matter whether someone has 1000 points or 100 points..if the item goes for 90 points..everyone who has that is in the roll..this is just one system...there are many others out there if you guys are not already set on your way to this bidding system...

Am sure we have enough imaginative people out ther ebetween the 3 factions to come up with a fair and anti-inflating system where everyone can get satisfied
    Retired 2006

As for ideas...my guild is also working on fair means of spreading loot and one way that has come up is a 'fixed price' system.

This means every loot is price tagged and once you got enough points you can enter the roll for it. so it does not matter whether someone has 1000 points or 100 points..if the item goes for 90 points..everyone who has that is in the roll..this is just one system...there are many others out there if you guys are not already set on your way to this bidding system...

Am sure we have enough imaginative people out ther ebetween the 3 factions to come up with a fair and anti-inflating system where everyone can get satisfied
    Thats a very good idea, ill take that up with the board right away.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

Why do people always complain about bidding systems? There's a reason why both clan and omni use them and that is that it works. Points means that everyone that particiates gains something, be it actual loot or points and everyone can see that even if they didn't get anything this time they get closer to their goal. With just rolls for everything there will be people with an abundance of loot and those with nothing. Besides if you do not like this system there is no reason for you to respect it. Find some people and raid the Beast yourselves. Beastnet has no jurisdiction over the mob and if you can raid it on your own, more power to you. But for all those that can't gather up 20-40 uber friends this system gives them a real chance to get nice stuff and I hope this proposed system is set into place. i support bestnet completely.

Thumbs up

Awesome! I just want to say that, without speaking for the whole Dimension, I`m awfully grateful for the service and help you guys are giving us normal players.

I really look forward to being able to raid, to get some fun raids going in Pandemonium. Last Night was awesome too.
    I'm a runaway train on a broken track,
    I'm a ticker on a bomb that you can't turn back this time,
    that's right, I got away with it all and I'm still alive

I find this self-appointed board of a very few, speaking as if they have any kind of authority, extremely distasteful.

An election, an open discussion before announcing this would have been much more democratic..
    Last edited by Triskweline; May 9th, 2004 at 00:42:13.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Why do people always complain about bidding systems? There's a reason why both clan and omni use them and that is that it works. Points means that everyone that particiates gains something, be it actual loot or points and everyone can see that even if they didn't get anything this time they get closer to their goal. With just rolls for everything there will be people with an abundance of loot and those with nothing.
    1. All pand armour are unique..you can only have one of each in one character
    2. I did not say flat rolls is the only way..i said bidding system can and wil get very inflated so i offered my opinion on it and gave a sample of what am sure many poeple out there can come up with maybe even better.
    3. bidding systems are the easy way for most raid bots...
    4. Triskweline could not have said it better...

Besides if you do not like this system there is no reason for you to respect it. Find some people and raid the Beast yourselves. Beastnet has no jurisdiction over the mob and if you can raid it on your own, more power to you.
    A system wil be needed and required to have some sort of juridisction...otherwise Macharim all those who cant get their uber friends will have very little chance of getting anything. If a system goes up that is not welcome by most..it will not survive logn enough before full out anarchy erupts...

Also do mind that my initial frustration was the way this came up and the fact that the a bunch of people have come up and decided this without informing us properly then go about being the final arbitares on any decision that comes up. I have cooled down abit now and think am gonna get sum kip..but this has to be handled better...if a bot system was required which it is...i suggest to you guys to change the attitude of this self-appointed board and simply ask or something...then you could have posted what you guys have come up with...it would not have taken 2 extra sentences.
    Retired 2006

It's amazing how a proposal like this just gets shot down.

If you can go kill beast with 3 teams, knock yourself out. Go have fun, see yah at reclaim.

I personally like the idea because it gives the people who arn't in "power orgs" a chance at getting some stuff to.

As for the board. I can personally vouch for all of the omni selections and roedran good, viable choices for this.

I have a few ideas that I'll post later when I have time.
    Last edited by Tykahndrius; May 9th, 2004 at 01:15:01.

1. All pand armour are unique..you can only have one of each in one character
    2. I did not say flat rolls is the only way..i said bidding system can and wil get very inflated so i offered my opinion on it and gave a sample of what am sure many poeple out there can come up with maybe even better.
    3. bidding systems are the easy way for most raid bots...
    4. Triskweline could not have said it better...

A system wil be needed and required to have some sort of juridisction...otherwise Macharim all those who cant get their uber friends will have very little chance of getting anything. If a system goes up that is not welcome by most..it will not survive logn enough before full out anarchy erupts...

Also do mind that my initial frustration was the way this came up and the fact that the a bunch of people have come up and decided this without informing us properly then go about being the final arbitares on any decision that comes up. I have cooled down abit now and think am gonna get sum kip..but this has to be handled better...if a bot system was required which it is...i suggest to you guys to change the attitude of this self-appointed board and simply ask or something...then you could have posted what you guys have come up with...it would not have taken 2 extra sentences.
    Alot of people have been talking about a bot for thebeast. I like to build bots so decided on trying with the project. As i cannot make this work alone, i selected 12 people i know have their finger on the pulse on rk2. I dont know everyone so i selceted who looked to me to be the best. This board is now working on, with input from you guys, on selecting who should be raidleaders.

Do not forget, it's just a matter of who's initial raidleaders, more can be added later no problem, and they dont get any extra benefit, just extra headache

If you believe you or another should be on the board, let us know, thats what this post is for. We are writing how beastnet should be, we only threw up a very simple skeleton. The clan board has been changed alot now, and it isnt done yet. So keep giving your feedback. I will not be leading this bot btw, i will only script/host it while raidlears/mods will run the raids on it.
    Snowbunnie - 217 soldier
    Ravergrey - 210 nt

Just some brainstorm, wouldnt it be better with less points involed? and perhaps diffrent points for diffrent mobs, so it wont be any mass farming, like points for TNH that you can use to bid on loot from TNH and points from TB that you can use on loot from TB?
    So when a mob is "worthless" for you,you got all loot from it, your just killing that mob to get deeper in and closer to the beast itself and not some mob you will get more points on.

Guess its also good to remember rolls will have tobe done fast, so it wont rot like it did on rk1

Will there be a lvl limit on bidding? or even joining? myself I think atleast a 210 or perhaps 215 to join would be a good idea.
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

A bot is a good and great thing to have. You get reqarded for how much you try to actually get there. I mean, how frustrating wouldn't it be if say the "hardcore" gamers spendt weeks and weeks trying to get to the beast, then one day, the "average joe" walks in and joins the raid, it's successful and the beast is tamed and everything is rolled. The new guy win lots and the core who has worked and worked get nada. Does that seem fair? no. Ofcurse anyone is free to make their own raids, outside of the beastnet, but for such a force, you'll have quite some digging to do.

I say, keep up the good work. One day we might even reach the beast;p
    • Flixer Fixer with the urge to become even more Fashionable
    • Howitz Soldier in the making
    • Traineeer Retired old Legend(Critting was an art)
    • Eliteguard Enforcer and Proud of it
      Rubika A growing doc

All Proud members of Elements of Destruction Now Recruiting

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast