Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fixer ..... the SL murder of a profession

feeds the troll some nice lettice, and puts him in a ncie clean cage

everyone come pet the troll

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by UtherTheLight
    You don't do good damage (Welcome to Shadowlands.)
    You don't move fast (Welcome to the rest of the professions.)
    You can't evade every attack with extreme evades (Again, welcome to normality)
    You can't meep people instantly. (Sorry, but name someone who can.)
    Damage-true that everyone's damage has suffered but this reduction in damage has not been proportional.

Speed-Can you say class defining ability (or used to be)

Evades-I'm not going to rehash a long discussion on GA, but have you ever tried to get one, or seen the prices on GAIV?

Team evac-Again say it for fun "class defining ability," could anyone else do it on RK either???

TMS lasts all of 1 minute 20 seconds, after that soldiers are nice and squishy. I don't even know a soldier that has any of the Empowered TMS lines yet.
    edit: somehow this piece got left out: Even if your empowered TMS was in game, it is actually better than your old TMS and there's no reason to speculate it would even work as advertised.
    I wouldn't have minded some new nano's, hot extensions or better snares, we have no new hot's to help keep us alive with the increased damage output, and our snares got worse in SL, so its hardly a fair comparison.

So, if Soldiers never had what you're losing, then why are you complaining? Simple, because Soldiers never had that to lose, and you did. Fixers were GODS in Rubi Ka. If any of you so much as UTTER otherwise you are a liar. The only profession in PVP to instantly LEAVE before dieing. Powerful bursts and next to IMPOSSIBLE to hit. Plus the fact that fixers now dual wield Division 9 plasmaprojectors (Illicit Laser Backups my ass, compare the stats to the Div9). How dare fixers complain that they're a normal freaking profession now.
    Fixer=GODS??? I have no response to this obvious case of Fixer envy, if you wanted a fixer so bad, why roll a soldier?

ILB's-I like them in certain situations, but have you tried energy damage in SL, there are some places it works ok, but they are hardly the uber dual wielded Div9's you make them out to be. 8 round clips my friend.

Oh no, some fixer went into Shadowlands and got promptly pwnd by a creature that is GREEN to them.
    Guess what, no one said this is a fixer only problem, the risk reward ratio has been talked about extensively and obviously will require some tweaking, some of which has started.

And you know why everyone's run buffs suck? Because Fun Com knows that the longer it takes you to travel places the more of the game world you see. Exploration is part of the fun, or SHOULD be. Instantanious transmition to anywhere would make the game suck HARD (remember, NOBODY can use their 2 mil + yalm in SL either).
    I prefer to determine for myself what is fun, and yes SL is beautiful and I have enjoyed exploring it, but the exploring portion ceases to be fun after I have seen the same stretch of ground for the 100th time. I have explored in RK too, but not because it was mandatory fun, but because I enjoyed it. Once I have had enough I can get to using the time I have online to do what I want, not spend the majority of it trying to get somewhere that I can accomplish that evening's goal.

Don't like being nerfed in Shadowlands? Well you obviously don't know what its like to be nerfed in Rubi Ka. Fixers always had it good, arguably the BEST in the game. Now that you don't get the best, you're wining about it. Shut up and play.

~LordUther
    While I will not sit here and tell you I know from personal experience what it is like to be nerfed as a fixer on RK, you are speaking to the wrong general audience here, as many active fixer's are very aware of what it was like to be nerfed on RK. But, I am sure that when you formulated this intelligent, well thought out and researched rant, you took that into accout.

Do us all a favor and don't comment on those things which you do not have experience to comment on. No your level 25 GAI phixx0r doesn't count either.

I will make no comments as to whether or not soldier's were nerfed in SL as my alt soldier I rolled for fun and a break from my fixer has made it to the whopping level of 30, so I am hardly a subject matter expert. Please contain your trolling to the soldier forum.
    Last edited by Alexiastrike; Dec 4th, 2003 at 13:29:46.

Alexiastrike, you forgot to stroke and feed the little troll

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

I
    SUCK
    ass.

~LordUther
    Fortunatly, not all soldiers do.

If you want o compare TMS to something a fixer got, then you should compare it to Evac, not GA. (AFAIK no prof has anything that compares to GA.)
    It's meant to be the **** hit the fan-button. Fixers get the **** outta Dodge, soldiers stand their ground.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

*strokes the troll with my dual div 9's ermm ILB's*

Oh and I am fresh out of troll food

i have only one thing to say!

OMG n00b!

kthxbye
    Yoboy
    The man with no dream

Setup

pwned....... sure, i'll take someone using this little phrase seriously. Obviously the defining trademark phrase of an extremely under educated and severely socially retarded individual. Oh wait..... he did say he was a soldier right? oops....
    Jennyfyr - TTL7 Fixer and proud Omni General of Alphastrike

The majority represents society. And if the majority of people around you think you're an idiot, you can reasonably assume yourself to be a social outcast

Clueless soldier? I can only advise you to have a serious talk with Pyrohead for example on effective soldier soloing in SL. Soldiers suck? Not really, they happen to be one of the best solo classes in SL. Want proof, talk to Pyrohead, im sure he will happily explain to you how exactly it is done.
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Hmm our little troll pet UtherTheLight missed the concept of profession specific abilities, yes as wild as it may seem UtherTheLight all professions have different abilities...ghasp, yes they do! it's what made them fun, so the welcome to our world is sort of a goofy statement now, isnt it?
    So if a MA would loose hes criticals you would say, hey welcome to our world, a NT hes nukes, welcome to our world!
    So if you loose your shield I should say, welcome to our world!
    Sort of poor resoning there, now that we established the idea that professions have different abilities that are enjoyable about them I hope you come up with something better.
    Oh and the GA argument is so old anyone with half a brain knows better about its usfulness, besides I dont see any GA in SL so again your argument that this somehow will help me for the next 17 levels is totally moot, really now go to the soldier forum make some constructive threads on what a soldier may lack and at least there you will know what your talking about.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

*pats the little troll*

oooh never touched one before.... not sure if it was totally clean....if lil wants to keep it can I ask she bathe it more regularly or perhaps brush its fur?
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

I shouldnt have fed him, he might just grow now;/

Narysta scratches the troll behind its ears

Wow, and you know, I had always thought the ILBs to be a sort of weak fad weapon. Now that I realize its like a dual wielded Div9, maybe I should start IPing up Pistol/MR.

You know, I have been over to the Soldier forums a good bit recently, since they got kind of crapped on in SL (especially with the whole MBS/1k+ AR thing) and have been handing them my sympathy. I like soldiers alot, and always enjoy having them in a team. Its nice to see that love goes two ways
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

Before Shadowlands what was one of the, if not the most played profession? Which was nearly the best, if not THE best after Fun Com "fixed" them? Fixers had their god streak run, let it go.

Racquel, yeah, Soldiers got crapped on in SL, everyone did. We complain, everyone complains. Make no mistake, I do feel bad for fixers, but the same way I feel bad for every profession entering the Shadowlands.

Kiisu, anyone talking about any profession can make their profession sound sweet. I can do that right now, about any prof, but this is obviously a complaint thread, all talking about how much things suck hard.

Jennyfyr, yeah, I used the word Pwnd, becaues that means the same thing as "having your ass handed" or "beaten within an inch of your life, then kicked a foot".

Gene13, you're funny. But, you did it wrong, see, the way you cut and pasted what I said wouldn't really work in a jornalistic world. You have to do it this way: Lorduther said: "...I..." "...suck..." "...ass..."

Alexiastrike, yeah I've seen the prices on GAIV, because I've SOLD one before to help out one of you lucky fixers out there. The sheer fact that your hots work in SL should be solice enough for you. Our whole TMS LINE doesn't work in SL, and neither does our Reflect shield line. We have to settle for some sub-standard crap until we get level 210, with no TMS till we can find the vendor who sells ETMSI. Fixers were gods. Oh and I do belive we've been over the whole "min damage of 1 = weak damage in shadowlands" thing before. And no, I don't have a fixer, not even a GAI fixer, just a Soldier (of any actual level) and some other profs.

~Lorduther
    (Yeah, I know I set myself up for Gene13 to do that whole wordplay thing again)

Our whole TMS LINE doesn't work in SL, and neither does our Reflect shield line.
    I wasn`t going to feed this one though...
    Yes TMS DOES work in Shadowlands. I also have confirmation of my friend soldier TMS-ing every day in spirit hunt with me, while she doesn`t have AMS.
    This alone is enough to know how you`re posting without proper investigation or even a small clue, this is why everyone here is treating you as troll, not a worthy opinion. nuff said.

edit:grammer.
    Last edited by Machen; Dec 5th, 2003 at 02:29:40.
    Account status: Canceled.

Yep its to bad your stuff doesnt work UtherTheLight, but thats what the soldier forum is for, now we dont go there tellling you how good your class is do we? and why? because most of us have as little clue about soldiers as you do about fixers and it isnt wise to talk about things you dont know much about hence loosing credibility, unless your post is pure troll godness in that case Cz can take care of that.
    Really your post serves absolutelly no purpose, please go sell your misinformation somwhere else, were not buying it.

Alexiastrike, yeah I've seen the prices on GAIV, because I've SOLD one before to help out one of you lucky fixers out there.

ROFLMAO

to HELP one of us lucky fixers, I am sure this had absolutely nothing to do with lining your pockets. Helping would be giving it to a friend or possibly an org mate, selling it is business, that fixer helped you as much as you him/her.

Nice try.

*Can't help petting the troll, its irresistable*

edit: missed the right quote, that's the one i am looking for
    Last edited by Alexiastrike; Dec 5th, 2003 at 06:21:07.

a jornalistic world
    And that would work?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Sniff Sniff, I fed him and gave him a nice cage and not even a little reply

And it shows that you have never played a fixer Uther, ever heard the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other hill"?

Now, you say your reflect and TMS dont work. Lets take a quick look at fixers shall we?

Runbuffs dont work, evacs dont work, GA doesn't work, Roots and snares dont work, Adv took over from us with speed buffs (We are supposed to be the masters of transportation) Keepers get better hots than us (we are the masters of regeneration). Yutto NCU means no one needs buffs from us, most of our perk lines are pointless, our shadowland nanos are hard to get hold of, bugged, pointless or no where near a replacement for our RK ones.

So yes, your reflect and TMS not working balances that doesn't it

giggle

Did I miss anything?
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Uther, since you've made it so obviously clear that you have absolutely NO clue what you're talking about, it might just be best if you not respond again. But as most trolls do, i'm sure you'll be back for more. Anyhow, pwned is a misspelled one word phrase used mostly by misinformed children to express something they thought they were right about, but eventually get slapped in the face with the harsh reality that they were really wrong. Allow me to clarify and correct it for you: Machen OWNED your ass with his post. Go back to your own forums and try reading them before you go to another and spew off nonsense.
    Jennyfyr - TTL7 Fixer and proud Omni General of Alphastrike

The majority represents society. And if the majority of people around you think you're an idiot, you can reasonably assume yourself to be a social outcast

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast