Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

Funcom employee Friday with Means - October 16th, 2009 - Mighty perk documentation

Last week we decided to not release the perk documentation based on the idea that we felt it would only create more questions and provide few answers in terms of the "big picture". The general feeling from the community was that you would all rather see "some" information until ALL the information was available.

So put simply: "Here it is"

We have also included a brief document (Perk Changes Overview.pdf) trying to explain the consistent changes through all the perks and a small amount of the reasoning behind the changes.

For a general focusing of effort in terms of centralizing feedback concerning the ongoing balancing efforts we have created a "Balance Discussion" forum. I would encourage the use of this area to make it easier for us to not "miss" ideas that right now are spread thinly over the entire forums.

We will make all possible effort to deliver the information concerning additional changes to profession tool-sets as soon as possible.

On a personal note I can't wait for the Halloween party next week (Friday the 23rd) at the grand opening of "The Grind".

See you there!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!
    Last edited by OfabRk2; Oct 16th, 2009 at 17:06:08.
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

First!

Edit: second and shiny nice PDFs. Thank you for sharing these with the community.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by OfabRk2 View Post
    sdfgsd
    Son of a *****!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Forth!!!!!!!
    THought I was third :'(

I just thought I'd join the chaos of mad posting

Now I'll go back and read what will no doubt turn out to be the highlight of my week. FWM
    Nesual 220 MA. The Dojo RK2

whee!

AO The New Testament!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

reserved for macrosun

edit: gah!

Whee! Time to dig in

last!

this .pdf data will be the new testament of the aotists!

Last one...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

Omg nerf everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Omg nerf everything!
    o00, pls do!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Omg nerf everything!
    I nerfed you

I've read through it (fast) and so far I have two things to say:

Allowing various perklines to work with more weapon types to allow people to be more diverse with their weapon choices is a SUPERB thing to do.

The changes suggested for the trader perk specials "Purple heart" and "sacrifice" seems like a clever step as well. Those 2 specials were never used because it was too much of a risk for the trader to take. By removing the defense-related debuffs from them, they become viable as team buffs.

I'll say more when I have more to say.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Love the perk changes Means. Seriously, great job. No more doomsday soothsaying from me. It looks great.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Did I miss something or did general / group perks not get changed at all?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Damn advy lub again, putting them first in the list!

But everythings quite nice so far
    May the Bugle be with you.

MrBugle
    MrBoogle

One question though: In most of the perk-descriptions, the proposed changes (in red) are focused on the words, not the numbers.

To give an example:

The Trader Accumulator perkline has some proposed changes to it but I don't know exactly what those changes are. The word "damage" is in red over and over but the numbers are in black and appear kinda normal to me, so I can't really tell what the proposed changes are. Could you explain what the actual changes are or how to read/understand the color coding in more detail?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast