Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is there a PvE game that doesn't involve Scheol?

So is there a PvE game that doesn't involve Scheol?

I'm primarily trying to find out if there is anything to do in this game at higher levels if you're not interested in PvP at all, and can't stand SL if Scheol is typical of it.
    Last edited by Tommara3; Jan 24th, 2010 at 06:39:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommara3 View Post
    I'm primarily trying to find out if there is anything to do in this game at higher levels if you're not interested in PvP at all, and can't stand SL if Scheol is typical of it.
    You can do stuff on RK, missions, IS, get tokens as well as some decent cash in RK missions, can do some quests here and there, can even skip scheol and head across to ado if you want.

{removed by Anarrina}

And no, the rest of the Shadowlands is not like Scheol. The Adonis quest, while quite a bish, is tolerable with the right people, and Adonis/Penumbra are pretty spiffy looking.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 24th, 2010 at 18:14:38.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

There is a lot on RK to do and see. Missions for tokens and cash is a decent way to avoid Scheol.

You should understand that Scheol is not typical of the higher Shadowlands, nor are any really. Nascense is a bit of a mix, Ely a pastues and hills, Scheol is mountains and ravines, Adonis is mixed waterworld and islands, whilst Peumbra is a beautiful snow and ice bound lannd that just need a wickid witch offering turkish delight and an inconguous lamppost to make it quite narnian, and Inferno is all lava and volcanos, just imagine Frodo and Sam trekking through Mordor.

I think many would rate Scheol their least favourite, but there are alternatives as noted above.

You might also engage in some Ely Heck teaming. That would get you 130 so you can circumvent leveling in Sceol entirely.

When at a loss for what to do visit AO Universe and click on the Classic and Shadowlands links under the Knowledge heading on the left. There you will find guides to quests and encounters which you can see the level range for down the right hand side of the list. I've spotted several things unknown to me in that list and I've played for many years.

Last edited by Phyxrphyxr; Jan 24th, 2010 at 17:57:46.

Ah, Scheol. The single best example in all of AO of what could have been. From a landscape design perspective, it is the coolest zone besides Inferno in all of Shadowlands. In terms of pain in the neck, uhm yeah, Scheol tops that list. But I have leveled 4 toons solo from around 90ish to 120ish in Scheol, both outdoors and statics. Lots of good places, if you know where to find them, and how to circumvent the pains in the neck.

And like I said in another post about Scheol, one nice thing about it is being left alone, since everyone else seems to avoid it like the plague. It's like a big instance where nobody bothers you. You'll see the occasional novictum farmer near Ergo, but outside of that, Scheol is pretty peaceful.

I leveled my MP from 92-103 soloing the Temple Bog rafters, and saw one person the entire time, and that was a 220 headed to the catacombs for Tier 1 farming. Nobody bugs you in Scheol.

I have to agree that sheol is one of the better SL zones. Except ofc sheol quest line that is simply horrible. Just take your time and enjoy, there is a lot to do. You can got and farm some dynas for PB parts for example.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommara3 View Post
    I really hate scheol for a number of reasons. Other than actually getting to Ado the first time, scheol is the worst.

Once you get to Ado and have a garden key, things are much easier. Ado and Peumbra aren't all that bad. I dislike the shadowlands, being my main is a fixer, but don't let schoel turn you off. I didn't even bother getting a garden key for Schoel.

scheol sanc key is one of the most usefull for travel in the game. It is faster than: iCC-Datacore->XanHub->Pande and faster than Statue->Pen->Hollows->Pande

Statue->Scheol Sanc->Pande
    Win!
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Scheol is such an amazingly designed zone. It's just let down by the crappy game mechanics issues.
    Because Race Yalm

end game ?

ppl are forgeting Dust Brigade 1&2, Dreads, the whole Xan Expansion, AI Sectors including 42, and I bet I missed a lot of stuff here..

north scheol is imo the most beautiful part of all SL (that's just me though).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

From a purely aesthetic standpoint, Sheol is lovely. From a design standpoint, it sucks. But I would not classify it as "typical" of SL. If you've made it to Sheol, then I'm hoping that you explored Nasc and Ely a bit. Personally, I think Ely is a beautiful zone to just wander around in. Of all the zones, Ado is my least favorite purely because of the need to swim. ::shudder::

Ah, but once you get to Penumbra, that's where you see something really special. I still remember the first time I stepped through the portal and saw my breath fogging in front of me. Great work there. And there is so much to do past the level where you can access Sheol in both RK and SL, that you won't be bored (except for that 190-215 range).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I finally got around to doing some quests in Scheol and while it is "cool looking" I absolutely hate playing there. I kept falling inside the mountains, unable to sit, unable to cast, unable to use /stuck.... was a nightmare to travel there because of that.

Am I like the one person who has never had any trouble in Scheol?
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    Hah, funny you should say that as I'd had a pretty similar thought when reading this thread too.

( I won't mention those <insert any expletive you care to choose here> Scheol Quests as they are their own special brand of hell)
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I must have found all the holes in the geometry that you missed. I honestly got so stuck that only thing I could do was /terminate multiple times in an hour. I wouldn't complain half as much if simple /stuck had helped.

Rarely have any problems in scheol, and i spen't many hours there, lot of the time in dungeons sure but a lot of running about questing to.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Quote Originally Posted by mettagirl View Post
    ( I won't mention those <insert any expletive you care to choose here> Scheol Quests as they are their own special brand of hell)
    Heh, my only problem with those is the time sink in combination with the fact that the reward is complete garbage for most profs I play :|

(I did 'em with my 60mp this one time, TOTALLY WORTH IT)
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    I loved it the first time around, because myself and my favourite martial artist on all of Rubi-Ka had the entire zone to ourselves.

The second time, not so much. Doing those new quests at 205 was tedious. And all the new mobs wandering about the place and NPCs relly detracted from the desolate isolation of the place.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Well scheol is fun in that way since the zone is crawling with mobs after a server reset, they added new mobs just below the entrance from elysium but after reset there are way more mobs all over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast