Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director - December 16th, 2011 - Passing the Torch

Thanks Means... and good luck for your future plans.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Anarchy Online has been more than just a game to a lot of people. Including me. Means, your work was a crucial part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

A unexpected FWM to say the least.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. My best to you and yours.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

This means goodbye :'(

Have a good one in the new adventures Mean, but before you go do a few clicks and give me free lifetime memberships! hehe
    Oh Yeah!

Wow. Stunning. So sorry to see you go Means. I may not have always agreed with all the decisions that were made concerning AO while you were at the helm, but I think you have done a fantastic and very underrated job of holding the ship of AO together. You will be sorely missed at least by this player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Best GD in AO's history imo. Sad to see you go, Means! Take care of yourself ><
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

You've done some wonderful things as Game Director and really set the bar high for your successor. Good luck to you, and thank you for your years of service. I'm sad to see you go.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Almost hit it. My money was on a january/february departure. Although, this year.

Good luck, Mr. Cragg! And to us as well.
    Last edited by Warhead; Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:33:44.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thank you very much for all your efforts, and the best of luck on RK4!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Not what I expected out of my FWM. It's really a shame to see you go. Could have at least waited until the rebalance/engine release :P

Personal opinion only, but the work you, and Sil before you, made on this game was the best.

The bar was set high before you started... And you went above and beyond.

Take care, and don't be a stranger
    Just log your 220.

So long and tanks for all the fish...

And everything you've done for AO, the blood, sweat and tears you've contributed over the years and the direction the game is now heading in, uncharted territory though it may be.

And of course, grats Linde! Hope you'll still find the time to grace testlive with your pyjamas
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

QUICK! do a forum server rollback so he can't logout!

To place this man in stone and preserve Means legacy, I demand a Means statue in trade/oa/bor that plainly says 'Means: The Saviour of Anarchy!' He does deserve something more solid than a yesdroppable action figure.

Trade already has a statue that you can replace for one in his likeness.

People left game waiting on the engine/rebalance. I don't see population being an issue when those happen. This game has something that no other game seems to have. I'm not sure on the what, but everyone ends up coming back.

Best of luck Colin, thank you for your great service to this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    This ranks high among the most useless advice given on a forum so far.

I feel sorry for Ilaliya and Lindelu. What a tough act to follow.

Means, your contribution to AO over the past few years has been stellar, and I want to join the assembled voices in thanking you for taking charge of making this game we love even better in leaps and bounds.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Thanks Means for all of your work which you have done in AO.
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Dear Means,
    thanks for al your effort regarding keeping AO alive and especially thanks for great improvement in communication with playerbase. Good job done.

Farewell and good luck Means !
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

Thanks for all your efforts and everything you've done for AO. You did a great job. Good luck and all the best in future!

And.. I'll miss those FWMs..

So ends one of the great eras In AO. Goodbye, Means, Thank you for all that you have done, For the great content you have helped bring, And for listening to the community like you have done. You were the best. And I wish you the best.

Ilaliya, You have some nice big shoes to fill, Don't let us down!

you are in for the high jump now.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast