Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: As of 17.2, soldiers will be the only prof without a PVP defense

Quote Originally Posted by Bereavement View Post
    Assuming you get it right and give MP's the much needed ability to be effective in PVP at tl7, what do you plan to do to give soldiers a defense for PVP?
    people like you with no knowledge of general game mechanics make this game worth playing.. level up so i can gank you. its so funny to see classes like enfs ma and sol crying over the MINOR MINOR MINOR nerfs they got.. say hello to actualy having skill to pvp.

Novice MP
    Highsummoner
    Last edited by Highsummoner; Feb 23rd, 2007 at 19:52:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    The prize draw winners were Highsummoner for the Radeon X800XL graphics card and Bearnextdoor for the Lost Eden beta slot.

He indeed is exagerating, Soldiers are not as defenseless as he claims, but the nerf do is crippling.

its nowhere near minor either as highsummoner claims tho.
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

No it is not anywhere near minor, in special for enforcers.

People seem to not be aware that taking cocoon from enforcers and reflects from soldiers is akin to taking evades from a fixer, or heals from a doc.

you people relied to heavily on a single button to save you from any circumstance and it's about time fc fixed that
    my sig r kewlr den yurz lawl ktxhbai

tell me what other defense do soldiers have?,
    lets take all the AAD out of crats too, make heals work only 50% in PvP? and belive me, enfos got it worst than soldiers, i am aware that several people think soldiers were too powerfull before this, but first of all, in PvP soldiers werent among the top dogs, with at least 5 other profesions being overall more effective in PvP, anfos were in about the same bus. Instead of lowering the efficiency of professions in the middle of the scale, why not balancing up those that needed it, those are the only ones that really could consider soldiers overpowered.

I repeat, nerfing reflects and cocoon in enfos and soldiers is like, lets broaden the statement, taking evades out of MA's and fixers, heals from docs, and any other defensive set any other profesion has. Add the fact thet soldiers don't have evades or healing and then, if you are not biased by missconceptions you can see why soldier, and specially enforcers have all the rigth to complaint against a very unneded nerf, that in the particular case of the soldiers is an adition to the nerf represented by 3 profesions that steal, weaken (easily to nothing) or shut down their (again) only defense prior to them.

I suppose doctor also rely too much on heals to take them out of trouble then, or evades profesion on not being hit.

Fix the profesions that need to be fixed sems to me a more appropiate way to even out the field. Yet again, the OP really exagerates the situation, even tho it really is pretty bad.
    Last edited by Ithnag; Feb 23rd, 2007 at 21:43:43.

you have the defense of a great alpha and a slight ability to heal (better then crats thats for sure) sure crats can get a 3800 aad perk but thats not gonna save them once the alpha has started and they aren't going to have it up before they get alpha'd 5 professions better you say? name them a soldier with ams up was an unstoppable killing machine for a minute and 20 seconds

as for enfs they can insta kill nearly every profession without the need for hotswapping and they complain that now others have a chance to kill them? you pressed one button and you could take on 5 people and win how was that fair?

docs are hard to kill because they can heal but are far from having a perfect defense all it takes is an enf/soldier/ma/fixer/shade/advy/agent to come and alpha them and they die but if that alpha was rendered next to useless against a soldier you needed a nerf and so did enfs,

The best defense is a good offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    how true...

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    which fixers have.. oh and a good defence to boot

and twinkcrat. havin both a crat AND a soldier i actually do feel the nerf quite heavily on my soldier. I definitely understand why posts like these pops up.
    our top normal reflect means very little now and ams well it is about as useful as rrfe were before. That is quite a significant nerf if you ask me.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bereavement View Post
    That's why i said "will be" and "assuming they get it right" so it would be illogical to use mp's and traders as an example in this instance.
    so going by what you said.. since we dont even know what mp/trader will be getting.. and as far as we know nothing else will change for other professions..

that means right now you put sol just above or on par with mp/trader correct?
    and that the new 17.2 mp/trader defense additions (what ever they maybe)
    will be enough to put mp/trader on top of sol.. making sol the new gutter pvp profession?.. i just wanna make sure i understood you right..

in that case /disco

i finally get to go pwn me some high level sol's *throws a party*
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Soldier in ams with engie close = 32 reflects, woth trader close = 0 reflects and trader 100% reflects, NT close, get a triple and 1 second of 0% reflects, so in the vision of "mass PvP balanace2 that FC claims to look for, i really don't see any need to nerf AMS, and even then there were several profesion that could tank a soldier during 1 min 20 secs and then kill him, root him and then return to finish the job, and even kill him before AMS went down. Yes there were, and are profesions that can't, nor can deliver the damage, nor can resist the damage, but better solution would have been to give them something, than to take from others. Check the top dogs in PvP before the nerf, check them now, and you'll see they are still there, up, be it in 1 on 1 or in mass PvP.

Sure soldiers can cast AMS but that's not gonna fire up if they are stunned or drained; or won't work if it's ripped, "borrowed2 or "pierced" (when in reality FC idea of pierce is shuting them off) and our supposed better healings are not gonna change that, wouldn't even if we actually had healing nanos (other than OMHH) cause if we use AMS we can't cast anything but taunts for 2 minutes.

It's pretty easy to see others and say a nerf to them is not bad, or that they were overpowered, but before claiming that check who they were overpowered against, MP? trader? crat? how many more, how many actually could face soldiers (or enfos) on even grounds and win/ lose, how many would simply defeat the soldier more often than not, and who would hands down defeat a soldier. Soldiers being overpowered to the lowest links in the PvP food chain doesn't imply the soldiers were too powerfull, but that some profesions were too neglected in this regards by FC.

Twincrat, if you got destroyed by a soldier and saw no way to defeat them, is not that Soldiers are too powerfull, but that FC gave you little capabilities in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    so going by what you said.. since we dont even know what mp/trader will be getting.. and as far as we know nothing else will change for other professions..

that means right now you put sol just above or on par with mp/trader correct?
    and that the new 17.2 mp/trader defense additions (what ever they maybe)
    will be enough to put mp/trader on top of sol.. making sol the new gutter pvp profession?.. i just wanna make sure i understood you right..

in that case /disco

i finally get to go pwn me some high level sol's *throws a party*
    I agree, his statement makes look the real complaints like a joke, and are exagerations, but still the nerf crippling enough to cause the wave of threads and complaints, and this being completely valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    which fixers have.. oh and a good defence to boot
    Get a clue please.

Oh what the hell I'll get it for you. Here.

damn i love creating controversy

<3 pafpuf

edit: btw ithnag only 3 professions stand a chance against a soldier whereas anyone can kill a support profession it was impossible to tank a soldier for a minute and 20 seconds if the soldier knew what he was doing thats over 6 full auto's/as's the top pvp dog's are still there enfs can still alpha and soldiers can still wtf pwn that won't change. also comparing soldiers to mp's makes you look like an idiot because soldiers are 10x better then mp's in everything but maybe healing and god knows mp n3d phatz

edit2: mass pvp is fair as hell it's the only pvp where everyone is equally likely to die in a matter of seconds

P.S. Solders were overpowered in pvp they needed a nerf comparing ams to rrfe is foolish 3 is the number of professions that can kill soldiers and thats after the nerf also 2 of those there aren't even that many of
    Last edited by twinkcrat; Feb 23rd, 2007 at 23:16:43.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkcrat View Post
    Solders were overpowered in pvp they needed a nerf comparing ams to rrfe is foolish 3 is the number of professions that can kill soldiers and thats after the nerf also 2 of those there aren't even that many of
    you dear sir need to play the game-pre nerf-patch instead of AO-forum online
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

hold on lemme invent a time machine

Twincrat, according to you, wich are the only 3 profesions that can kill soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ithnag View Post
    Twincrat, according to you, wich are the only 3 profesions that can kill soldiers?
    eng,doc,nt

if i had to list them, but he might have a different list

NT = insta pwn anyone with less then say 12k hp.. (and triple ignores reflects)
    ENG = alpha proof
    DOC = just sit and laugh as they heal up.. my doc eat's sol's all the time.. but only.. i repeat ONLY if they stick around.. i can't just insta pwn them.. but most sol's stick around till tms is down and then some and thats their down fall.. by the time they actually try to run its to late.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

you know now that you mention it theres only 2 engineer and nt

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast