Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA fixers excluded from NW battles

There was no need for this nuke.

It makes the game less fun for some players, and doesn't make it significantly better.

And Saved, Highjack is on RK1, no KOS for you. Omni now, bud? You'll have to let me know in-game.

But yeah. I'm done screaming about it. It's a bad change. That's all.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Jenuit
    nt's suck its time they had some fun

GIV is too "uber" i know it u all know it

who said u had to win the fight? SNARE THAT A$$ AND EVAC!

oh rhalla..... want a cookie?
    um you're not getting the point..
    well how about you try to duel a nt and get your butt wooped?
    and its not about just GA period.
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Originally posted by Skulldawg

I'm not getting the point either. I'm not fully getting Highjacks point and I'm sure as hell not getting your point.

NTs can kill GA fixers faster than they used to.
    NTs can now kill GA fixers with 100% certainty.
    NTs can kill Fixers. Period.
    The whole R/P/S thing sucks and is poorly implemented.
    What?

Can someone please (preferably a fixer) break this down for me like if I was a trox enforcer with my mouth full of crayons.

I agree that two wrongs don't make a right, but I still haven't seen any other suggestions on how to handle the fact that lots of players feel that GA is very much too overpowered in PvP.

And before you all start yelling that anyone with the right tactics can take out a GA fixer: educating the masses in PvP tactics is not an option. Especially not at the stage the game is in now.

This is not meant as a flame-bait or troll btw.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

um well

like you stated GA or not the fixer is still doomed by a nt
    so basicly this was another "Fixer NERF" period.
    Virico

Originally posted by Highjack

But again, why do I even respond to 12 year olds without a clue? Man, I am losing it.
    Buh Bye

btw

GA fixer was never hard to beat
    Nanoshutdown works quite well
    Virico

Originally posted by Highjack

But again, why do I even respond to 12 year olds without a clue? Man, I am losing it.
    Buh Bye

Just a point some people seem to be missing.. Manex is very slow so to get good dmg from it you need to go full agg. To get the most out GA you should go full deff. A GA fixer at full deff with a manex doesn't do much dmg. We can get a good burst, very nice dmg, but after that the hits will come very slow.

Saying every class has trouble against nano debuffers is a little unfair. Noone looses their ACs when loosing nano skills except a GA user.

I'm not that experienced in PvP, I admit that, but some of the response here really need some rethinking. I can see why Highjack gets frustrated getting the responses he's getting :/

I know this is about the NT nuke, but the bottomline is GA and it's uberness.

"You" only seem to think, I can't hit a GA fixer. GA is uber etc.. PvP has turned into a mass battle so forget about the fixer you saw a while back soloing a high level mob. More experienced fixers that PvP say they get owned (mostly at least) by five other professions. That's near half the available professions. How many professions need to own GA-fixers before they're where they should be? In battles we're easily seen and therefore easy targets. We're the ones that get hit worst by nano debuffs. We got low ACs so any hits that go through GA, hurts more than on anyone else.

And now we can get near insta-killed. A profession that's so uber that "only" 5 other professions can kill them (mostly) for sure, is way over-powered. How does insta-kill nanos/tools/items make PvP fights longer? How does it make things more fun? I mean, what's the fun in killing a leet in the backyard? To me a challenge is fun, getting a new nano to insta-kill someone isn't. Power it down a bit to at least give people a chance.

To FCs DEV team: Plz don't look under the dotted line

--------

I don't know what profession that gets owned the most by enforcers, but lets give that profession a nano that stops essence from running and challenger/mongo or both from being used. I wouldn't say it would be more over-powered than the GA-nuke. Would it be a nano you would like to have in the game?

Originally posted by Gene13
    I agree that two wrongs don't make a right, but I still haven't seen any other suggestions on how to handle the fact that lots of players feel that GA is very much too overpowered in PvP.
    Gene, I would bet my last credit that as many, if not more, people feel that debuffs in general are overpowered. Nothing has been done to kill debuff users in 6 seconds.

The point I attempted to make all along was that Funcom stated an intent to make PvP last longer. We all know that GA makes PvP last longer for a fixer, so as far as I'm concerned it should have fit in with Funcom's vision.

Without Grid Armor, Fixers do not have a lot to contribute to PvP battles besides acting as buffers. Roots and Snares can be broken just as easily now as they were before and they've also become much easier to resist. Without Grid armor, a fixer has to rely on running and his HoTs to ensure survival and honestly I don't feel that that is really balances against other profession's keep-alive abilities (except engineers who really have none).

We need alternatives, if this nano line is to remain.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

Originally posted by Hoops

(except engineers who really have none).
    Actually, Engies got something better than GA. Just not enough people know about it yet. I'd walk into battle naked any day if I knew I wouldn't get alpha'd before the "grace period has ended" faded off my screen.

You're referring to the attack debuff nano?

John

No, I'm referring to the complete absorption of special attacks nano.

GA was never as overpowered as people whined about.

NTs were never as underpowered as they still whine about.

But don't bother arguing with the NT trolls, Fixers. They feel it's their Notum-Given right to wipe out anyone of any other profession just by hitting tab-1, but Funcom and the rest of us just haven't figured that out yet.

If the NTs had an insta-death nano that would kill anyone of any professoin 99% of the time, some of them - like the ones in this thread - would still be whining about the 1 person out of 100 that escaped their doom at the fingertips of "The profession Funcom really meant to ownzor everyone. Really!"
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I would agree that changing armor when heading into mass pvp would be an option save for one thing. At my level anyway (114), to use my "super uber" GA, I had to gimp myself on the very skills it takes to get a set of good regular armor on. To bring those skills up high enough to equip a good set of regular armor, I would need to spend many levels of IP, gimping myself even farther in other areas.

I'm not saying that we should be unbeatable. I'm saying that an NT around my level, should not be able to completely preclude me from even joining in the fight.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Wiped, that is the same problem I have, I am expected to spend ip on 2 different types of armor not to mention having to change it before every pvp fight and then find mochams to put the other back on...Fun!!
    O Jynne thank you for the words of support and reason.
    Your another reason to like a doc

Edit...used word reason to many times

You know Highjack, the inherent problem with asking the player base to explain something FC does is that no one will have a good justification, because FC...well they're nerfs are hard to justify at times. Of course no one has the intelligent, thought out answer you need... I think your also fooling yourself because the only way you'll get a response is when Cz closes the thread, and I'm betting that response wont be enough for you either. It's too bad really, but thats probably how it'll stay.

(BTW this is not a flame/troll, I already stated that this anti-GA nano is overpowered and really does need to be rebalanced. 5% resist? Bah!)

Yeah figured I'd just paste this here too, so everyone sees it.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Babadi
    NT's are not good at one on one PvP, yet we excel at mass PvP. Fixers own most one on one PvP and are targets for mass PvP. Seems balanced to me.
    I'm not a GA Fixer, so I'm not commenting on GA Fixer issues, but this comment seems pretty whack to me.

How in the world do you think it is balancing in this brave new world of land control? What 1-on-1 PvP is there in the game that is meaningful now that most zones are 75%? Hint: "Arena dueling" is not an answer I will accept to this question. Arena dueling is pretty pointless and lame, and now that there is mass PvP a great many people are participating more there than they ever did in arena dueling.

Again, this is not provocation from a fixer. If you want, consider it to be from my trader, another class everyone loves to whine about. Or from my MP, a class virtually no one whines about ... oh, except some of you NTs, but probably not quite so much now since you guys really are shining in mass PvP. My point is that my comments are not profession-based at all, but solely directed to the remark that it is balancing that NTs were not so good versus at dueling (except against Fixers already) but that balanced off Fixers being pretty good at it versus most other professions.

Also, face it, the only person we can instantly tell their class on the battlefield now is a GA Fixer. With everyone else the lag is so bad that "t" will often not even tell us (well, me) their info in anything less than 10 or more seconds, so I end up having to ask helpbot. Yeah, I hear you all telling the GA fixer to take it off, and I'm not arguing about that either way, I'm just whining about how hard it is to identify most people. A GA fixer is mostly the only one you can tell right off the bat what they are.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Adventurers are your friend. Try your polymorph of choice today!

If they don't see the shiney blue, they are that much less likely ever try the GA nuke on you.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Amen Luxxan. It doesn't matter even if the GA nuke was removed, GA fixers would still die in record time because the "shoot me now" armour tells every enemy on the battle field to target the fixer and mash all their special buttons. Once GA fixers go morphed the GA nuke will be far less of an issue.

WTB ql 100 hacked polymorph nano!
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Skulldawg

I've tried to fight jenuit many times, many many times, but won't go in the arena with me, looks like i gotta switch to clan eh.
    nifertu

lol

well after a couple of battles and being a ga4 wearer i have decided....forget it.

they see me a mile away. as soon as i zone into a pvp zone and if i go for the first shot...i am about as dead as can be.

sorry, i didnt have my buds help get me ga to be of no use.
    (okay maybe i can be cannon fodder.)
    i will probably be a support member, with buffs and hots.

as to battle...forget. being blue in a open field is just screaming,
    "here i am...pick me,pick me"

laterz
    The Smurf ME!

and

A Bigger non-smurf ME!(so far!!) UPDATED: SMURFED!!
    UPDATE-UPDATE: Char Deleted.

and the newest edition:

A ugly MP!

Quoted:" nothing to quote anymore:" "Quote nurfed" Laterz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast