Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GA fixers excluded from NW battles

Been participating in a lot of the tower fights. And if I'm standing there in my GA and get too close to NT's they let me know it and boy howdy do they ever. I fall back in a hurry toss a root in the process and use battle kits to heal, stims, recast long term HoT

By the time I've done all that the NT usually is obliterated by someone else usually a soldier or enf that saw a fat target just stuck there frantically trying to get the root off them so they can run like hell themselves.

Do I die? You bet your ass I do. Have I been nuked to death? Yup couple times. At the Ren defense a couple days ago I think I lasted approximately 2 seconds (4 nt's hit me with the 1k nuke together)

What did I do about it? Found a nice graft, track down an Adv for morph buffs, anything to hide my little blue self.

And you know what? I'll be damned if I don't survive a lot longer. Argulace and I tore an NT to pieces. How? We chased him down and alternated who was in range of the nuke with roots to keep the NT from running. Yeah.. couple fixers in GA.

So far fixers are the new annoyance factor in the mass pvp. We AoE snare folks causing them to spend time getting it off, which means they're not fighting, or they're walking back behind the lines praying they don't get double teamed and dropped like a bad habit. We're able to dash into the middle of the enemy forces, fire these nano's off and evac out instantly with little chance of death.

Show me any other class that can do this.

We're not gods, we have weaknesses like anyone else. The only major factor that I'd like to see changed is GA to not be a huge blue glowing icon so I won't have to run around like some incensed ankle high critter trying to chew your toes off.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

This is a question to the NT'S how would you like being beaten by 1 common proffesion when you didnt even stood a chance to hit him?!?!
    I admit i died only once from NT'S thats because i hide each time they aggro on me,
    this is for Babadi you know its very pathetic what your saying... your trying to say that atlist nt's can kill one proff now and thats what you call an NT fix?
    well then now nt's are "balanced" so its all fine right?

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
    This is a question to the NT'S how would you like being beaten by 1 common proffesion when you didnt even stood a chance to hit him?!?!
    You mean like traders or docs? Yeah, that would suck...

That's not to justify the GA-nuke--Hoops is right, it's kinda funny that everyone gripes about debuffers but nothing is done there, but they pick on GA.

I've also seen a GA fixer participate in an attack on a nt-only guild and live until the very end, and I read Vyker posting about how he and Argulace are doing well by playing smart. Rush 4 nt in pvp and expect to live long, yer fooling yerself, just like I would be rushing 4 solds and expecting to live.

edit: typo fix
    Last edited by Bugoluv; Dec 8th, 2002 at 14:33:58.
    Bugoluv--200 nt, atlantean

Vyker's post that I was referring to is on this thread, 4 up from this post.
    Bugoluv--200 nt, atlantean

Cool The jack of whining :D

This has to be the most interesting whining i have seen in some time. I played a 100, 150 and 200 fixer on test usually i play a 174 Ma on live that has been around since the beginning.

And man i must say that i killed off a lot more ppl as a fixer than ma regardless of there beeing a nt there or not. What i did then was to stay out of his way and go after somebody else.

It worked like a charm even though i got killed a couple of times but hey im used to that. At least i killed more ppl than i got killed myself.

i did not have too much trouble with traders actually 1 on 1 i killed equal lvl traders pretty easy at least with gaiv.

Try beeing a 200 ma doing 150-300 dmg for a while that will cheer you up
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shaking,
    the shaking becomes a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

it is possible killing an NT as long he doesnt knows what you are in mass fights not on 1on1 cues then you die, the big (VERY BIG) problem is lagggggggggggggggggggg big battles lag you know what im talking about the 1 minute lag!!!!!!!

Two Tower battles....survived

Well during the weekend I participated in two tower assaults. I wore my GA proudly and I was expecting to be wiped as soon as I was within range. But to my surprise I survived both battles. The worse treatment I faced was getting rooted & Mind Quake at the same time. On the positive side I killed 3 people in PvP and assisted in several other kills. Lag was a killer and I had to retreat from the fighting whenever I needed to buff.

Originally posted by Hoops
    Without Grid Armor, Fixers do not have a lot to contribute to PvP battles
    Speak for yourself on that one hoops, I and a few other will have to dissagree in the strongest manner possible to that statement. GA is a luxury item, it is in no way a class defineing item. We do not stand and fall on if we have GA MK I-IV. We are not worthless without the pajamas. If that is the case you should better look at your IP exspenditure. I am one of the gimpiest Fixers on RK2, everybody knows that, but I still have to feel useless in PvP.

Eka - FC's Official Fixer Forum "Anti-GA Nazi"
    Run Buffed Fixers finish fast
    Devgodz on Amnra

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
    I admit i died only once from NT'S thats because i hide each time they aggro on me,
    this is for Babadi you know its very pathetic what your saying... your trying to say that atlist nt's can kill one proff now and thats what you call an NT fix?
    well then now nt's are "balanced" so its all fine right?
    Nts get that from not only MPs, but traders.... so to answer your question, welcome to our world..........

any other questions?

SS

Originally posted by saveyourbutt
    Nts get that from not only MPs, but traders.... so to answer your question, welcome to our world..........

any other questions?

SS
    No fixer I know has said or would say that NTs deserve this either. But does this mean that NTs get to own fixers even more now than they could before? Or could it possibly mean that Funcom needs to put effort into fixing the NT profession instead of giving them a 99% kill rate vs. fixers?

P.S. - What does SS stand for? Shouldn't it be SYB, or am I missing something?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Before I start I would like to clarify one thing for MY post:
    Fixer = GA wearing Fixer.
    This saves you anti GA people that always annoying clarification you MUST make on EVERY thread.

Before the NT Fixer Killer nano Fixers were very killable in mass PvP it was 1v1 PvP where the problems and all of the whining took place. A Fixer is meat in mass PvP if people target us. First off our life is crap. Secondly all specials go right through GA. All that was needed to take down a Fixer was 2 or 3 players to yell out the target and then unleash specials. That still applies. It is even rougher now that most weapons special attacks recycle much faster.

GA wearing Fixers were always a target and really not much of a threat. What is a GA Fixer or any Fixer going to do to YOU. Not die? Ok.. Damage? Minimal… however that has been increased a bit with the Manex. But realistically a Fixer is not someone that you fear. There is a perception that the Fixer is uber because he is difficult/impossible to hit. He is “unkillable” in most people’s minds but he is not much of a threat to take you down in a short time. EVENTUALLY the Fixer may kill you but as a hard target the Fixer is not a dangerous first line target for a team to focus on. From a defensive perspective the Fixer is not feared.

In mass PvP the Fixer already has many enemies. The NT was always a threat but is also a threat to all professions because of the ability to area nuke. Docs are always a threat because of the healing to your enemies you are SLOWLY killing but also for the nasty init debuffs. The Trader and MP because of the nano debuffs that make GA’s power minimized to useless.

With the specials revamped the Soldier is now a bigger threat and someone to be feared. Two soldiers on a self buffed or even a Behemoth’d Fixer will land him at reclaim with just 4-6 specials between the two.

The NT nuke is not really fair from any perspective. The Fixer is vulnerable just as any class is vulnerable. It should take some skill to bring down someone just as it does for any Fixer to bring down ANYONE. The NT nano is simply a matter of “/list Fixer” and tab. Or “spot the blue guy” and try to target him through the lag.

The argument is that the Fixer should take off his Grid Armor and replace it with “normal” armor. That entails collecting armor. And this armor now has to be especially uber in order to be combat proficient. Someone mentioned Cyborg Armor. Do you know many that have a full ql200 set of this armor? I offered someone 25mil for two pieces and he said it wasn’t good enough. “I never really wanted to sell it just wanted to see if you had anything special to offer.” I camped the lvl 200 Borgs in PW yesterday and killed at least 75 of them. NOT ONE piece of armor dropped. NOT ONE PIECE! OF ANY QL!!

I have a full set all ql190+ (except chest - ql177) which I use when I mission to take advantage of my 7% xp ring but how the hell am I going to get a 200 set if I can kill 75+ ql195-200 of these things and not have one piece drop.

OK now on to CAS armor. A full set of this armor is going to cost in the neighborhood of 100+mil. To make it yourself you would need the equivalent of 70-110mil alone worth of notum frags. 2 x 5 x 7. And this is a very conservative price for notum which I see going between 5-10mil ea. every day.

MKII Armor. OK now you are dealing with many Fixers that have spent an eternity searching for Grid Armor running the same types of missions for months whether rolling team missions to blitz bosses or running item missions to sell for credits. Now you want them to camp at SD to get a full set of armor with not such a high drop rate. Also competing against every other MKII wannabe. The GA earners have to camp all over again.

OK now lets say you DO have some other armor that you feel you could compete against an NT with. You don’t have the option of just hot swapping this. For me personally I have to delete GA then SLOWLY add 7 pieces of armor, 2 rings, 2 bracers, 2 eggs and then I can go. But to be truly effective my implants should change to not be so heavily focused around now useless nano skills and should be swapped out.

So this entire process is a good 5-10 minutes of work. Not quite as easy as “just change into regular armor” as it is so casually flipped about on these threads.

So now I have normal armor on.
    What do I gain? MPs are not a factor now. The NT Fixer (GA) Killer nuke cannot hurt me. Engies still suck in PvP despite the blindness and specials absorb.

What do I lose? Specials are still going to beat the crap out of me. NTs will still nuke the crap out of me. Docs will still init debuff me and heal anyone I SLOWLY try to kill. Traders will still make my weapon close to lvl 100. Now MAs are a serious threat. Enforcers will kill me easily. Soldiers will kill me. Crats will nuke me to death.

I think the only real class we gain on is MP. Without Grid Armor the tables are not so much balanced but tipped against the Fixer. Low health. Relatively weak damage output. Nothing truly class defining like TMS or Nullity or Rage or UVC (yikes this comment might get me burned alive) or really ANYTHING except HoTs which are generally recognized as fairly weak compared to the damage absorbed in mass PvP.

This post is not really so much of a complaint but a post to offer support to HighJack. He may not be necessarily gaining friends/support by his tone and is forcing some of you to merely verbally joust because of it. He is frustrated and rightly so. It is a serious flaw in the game to have one class defeat such a high profile and visually obvious class with such ease and quickness. With the high level nuke a Fixer will be dead before he even recognizes what is happening to him.

The grid out argument doesn’t really work either. It takes time however short to grid out. There has to be recognition of mortal danger, you have to be on that hotbar, and you have to hope for smooth nano execution. Many Fixers have died while clicking the Ruinous Grid button which is supposed to be insta-cast.

Anyway carry on the flame fest. If you have been able to read even half of my long ass diatribe then I feel I have positively contributed.

Cheers

Firstly let me state that Highjack is right on that one, GA fixers are almost excluded from Mass PvP, either due to the NT-Anti GA nano or the fact that they are in fact blue neon signs that shout "Shoot Me". Why are GA fixers considered such a threat. People have over time conjured up a metal image, an urban ledgend if you will, that the GA fixer is unbeatable. This is due to simple expericence in 1on1 PvP, where you get to choose your opponent, unless it is a gang fest somewhere (MMD, 2HO etc). Things are not like that in the NW, here you dont get to chose your target, your either after the tower (supporting the attack or attacking yourself) or desperetly trying to defend your tower or the tower of your allie. This fact discards the "You can EVAC" argument all togeather, what is the gain in evacing when defending a tower?

But on the other hand I strongly object to any claims that the fixer is in any way useless, or otherwise unable to do anygood in PvP. The Manex for one, this gun has set the soldier world into such a mess that many soldiers are claiming that its makeing them obsolete, as a high damage dealer class due to the fact that fixers have better SMG buffs than they do, subject of an entirely diffirent topic. Yet the MCS outdamages the Manex over time. That simple fact makes us far from being a low damage dealing class.

As for the other classes opening cans of whoop ass on fixers in normal armour. I dissagree, Enforcers can yes since rage cancels all snares/roots. MA's if one kills you, then you my friend have made a mistake, root and shoot is the solution to MA's, melee advy's and stupid enforcers. On the others you will just have to be alittle more tricky. Start useing hit and run tactics, MCS has the fastest special recharge in the game (that I know off atleast) simply stay out of the 40m range untill it recharges, run in, shoot, rinse and repeat. We have some pretty good snares, not to mention area snares. The biggest of these has a duration of 28min and 39 sec even with the new anti snare/root nanos (rend bonds Ql 133 (the biggest fixer one)) that snare will hold for 9.3 minutes. And well if you cant take something down in 9.3 minutes (given a 10 sec recharge on MCS w/burst of 1k each time, thats 55 bursts give or take, 55k damage) then you should really really really start to reconsider what you are doing in that battle field anyway.

Eka

Note: all statistics are based on hands on experience for over 15 months of play time. All weapon damage is based on a ql 200 MCS.
    Run Buffed Fixers finish fast
    Devgodz on Amnra

Originally posted by Ekasel
    Note: all statistics are based on hands on experience for over 15 months of play time. All weapon damage is based on a ql 200 MCS.
    n00b!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

With all respect nobody mentioned not being able to take down an MA or Adv. And try taking out an enforcer who can bust all roots and end up running faster than the Fixer.

The Fixer's main strengths were the ability to survive. That has effectively been reduced to almost nil. I popped into Camelot tonight and was killed three times in a row within a total combined kill time of 15 seconds.

Earlier tonight I decided to test out the "regular armor" strat against a 180something NT in Tir Arena. I had ql190+ CDS, 2 eggs, behemoth, +25 defense ring, Title5 bracer, Tower life advantage, and doc buff to a point where my life was over 7.5k.

I did fairly well but was beaten while the NT was left with I would guess around 1-1.5k life left.

This was using the Manex.
    I don't know how much better I would have faired with the MCS I suppose that test will be next. I don't think the NT was an uber NT as he was untitled.

My one flaw when fighting him was that I should have rooted and run out of range when he went nullity on me. Instead i just went full defense. But at the time he threw up null I was at about 1k life. I don't really know if it would have helped me all that much and it really wasn't part of the plan to run away and heal for 30 seconds.

In a mass PvP battle he won't be the only one ripping into me that is for sure.

Fixer is now back to being meat.

Cheers

Red face Dont feal sorry for Fixers

I dont feal sorry for fixers(GA fixers) at all..

Good things with fixers:
    - GA is stil a incredibly good armor. its the best in the game..
    - High speed, best hots, most ncu, area snares.

Weaknesses:
    - Can be hit with specials(like everyone else).
    - Can be hit with "normal" nukes (GA adds to nano-resist!)
    - NT got a fixer killer nuke..

So lets try to use the brain a little:

To lesser some weaknesses:
    -To visible: get frendly with a advent
    (morph), wolf is nice adds 300 more speed to. and can get a evade pulse nano to..
    -Specials can actually hit! Get frendly with a engi. -> special attack absorber.
    - Nukes(normal) hits fixers, go def/equip a MCS that can be used on a lover agg. After all you are better off against nukes than the rest, except raging enforcers.
    - Nt fixer killing nuke.. lesser visiblity..

I cant se why this shuld be any hader for fixers than it is for the rest of the clases..

With my Trader i do much of the same thing.
    Buffs neded before tower fighttrader)
    Infuses (helps draining), morps (yes ppl hate traders to), reflects,
    essense, special attack absorb, fixer ncu, speed , and hot..
    Yes its some work. and you need help form anohters, but this is all about team fighting isent it??
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Yes those are advantages to being a fixer they're also advantages to being teamed with a fixer. Every tower battle I've been in I've team hoped to buff NCU and slapped hot's and runs on everyone in sight (most profs base speed is actually faster than fixers as we tend not to raise it as much due to having run buffs). A fixers only real advantage whilst actually fighting is snares and roots as everyone else on his side has the NCU, hots and runs also plus whatever their proffession specific stuff is Rage, TMS, NS drains etc etc.

Also yes everybody gets hit with specials but no one gets hit as hard as a GA fixer, my level 39 trader has higher AC's than my 116 fixer.

Yes there is stuff that can be done and for the most part we've been doing it. But the Anti Ga nuke just goes to far.
    /tell Jakual

Org Leader 1: Why are our NT's killing each other!?!
    Org Leader 2: They see a smurf and want title rights.
    - JohnMclain

Yeah I suppose it makes sense to kill the guy that can barely kill YOU much faster.

No not MUCH faster...

virtually instantly.

I wish there were a way to record and playback like counterstrike and QW. It might come as a tremendous eye opener to those supporting this GA nuke.

But the NTs understand it. And yet they want more. Go to Camelot and see NTs killing off entire teams of players in an instant while barely being visible.

Do they really need a GA nuke?
    The NTs are the real pigs here. They actually want more. Give me the ability to decimate entire teams....multiple teams... in less than 10 seconds any day. Oh ya and also one guaranteed kill no matter what the circumstances, time or place or skill of opponent... as long as he is wearing GA... arguably the BEST armor in the game.

My Opifex sense and intelligence are maxxed and I still cannot understand this.

Originally posted by Novalia

With the specials revamped the Soldier is now a bigger threat and someone to be feared. Two soldiers on a self buffed or even a Behemoth’d Fixer will land him at reclaim with just 4-6 specials between the two.
    I'd think that 2 soldiers on anyone will have the same result. This is not an intrinsic fixer problem...

Originally posted by Novalia
    The NT nuke is not really fair from any perspective. The Fixer is vulnerable just as any class is vulnerable. It should take some skill to bring down someone just as it does for any Fixer to bring down ANYONE. The NT nano is simply a matter of “/list Fixer” and tab. Or “spot the blue guy” and try to target him through the lag. [/B]
    Can't argue with you on that. The blue target really makes it even harder.

Mass pvp is totally a free-for-all. Given the mob dynamic, it's been my experience thus far that what matters is sheer # of bodies vs. targets in coordinated attack teams.

Last weekend in one tower raid, I was teamed with another fixer (w/GA), NT and doc and once we were able to regroup (amid the total initial pvp confusion) and function in team formation, we were taking out the opposition together in seconds. Team alpha strike.

Slightly off-topic, i know, but illustrating the idea that tactics and dynamic in mass pvp are totally different than 1v1. It's raw group mayhem, and whoever flies solo is gonna get tagged. Having a blue target doesn't help and everyone understands that. I got tagged a few times sprinting into enemy masses trying to toss aoe snares around...but you gotta try and have fun! **** it if you die.

The reason HJs posting pisses people off is that when anyone offers a dissenting opinion, he reverts to name calling and insults. He comes off as whining because he can't kill everyone anymore, and shouts for nerfs just like all the other whiners who have shouted for nerfs in the past, which he has himself loudly criticized in the past.

The playback idea ala CS would be pretty cool though -
    Can you max conceal and sneak w/ GA?
    Last edited by Specialone; Dec 10th, 2002 at 15:59:46.
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Originally posted by Specialone
    I'd think that 2 soldiers on anyone will have the same result. This is not an intrinsic fixer problem...

The reason HJs posting pisses people off is that when anyone offers a dissenting opinion, he reverts to name calling and insults which only makes me regret his being thought of as a spokesperson for fixers. He comes off as whining because he can't kill everyone anymore, and shouts for nerfs just like all the other whiners who have shouted for nerfs in the past, which he has himself loudly criticized in the past.

The playback idea ala CS would be pretty cool though -
    Can you max conceal and sneak w/ GA?
    Point by point (I suppose I am in a-n-a-l mode):
    MY soldier point was merely an illustration that tactics can kill a GA Fixer easily.

RE: HighJack
    "One often contradicts an opinion when it is really only the way in which it has been presented that is unsympathetic." -Nietzche

Conceal is green for a Fixer (from memory) or maybe aqua so yes maxxing conceal to effectiveness could be an option. You would need to be pretty close to 180+ without it compromising some other necessary skills.

/me is waking up slowly need coffeeeee

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast