Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting development underway again?

Thank you very much Jenshey. I don't want to highjack this thread, but i am sure this information can be usefull for does who still develop this game (if any).
    As a developer my self, i take this type of information very serious, they are of great value and importance, and i hope more ppl could come forward and enlight there love. I think its also great to lean back and get a overview of what we really appreciating with this game and not. Even for my self when playing AO and looking back all this years.

I have some question Jenshey. On your "Cons" Would you feel that grinding is ok to an extent? What is to much grinding and what is not? Take example dyna boss loot? I think many people will find it rewarding to get something rare and of grate value, even if its just for twinking or looking cool.

When you put all that work in to implants, twinking items, NCU or some quest items like the "Ring of Plausibility" wouldn't it be worth all the effort?
    Would you like if Equpiment twining was easier? Like not limited end game items to get that Alpha on, or level locks? I would love you feedback.

I already covered kiting issue with some very unique game mechanics and AI.

You said Chat window flexiblity, how important would you say the Interface in AO counts as part of the game? Compered to today's standards.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshey View Post
    Essentially? The original RK game.

ByLogic - had a look at your demo video and visually seems very appealing. As for preferrences:

Like: twinking, gear without class or level locks (sometimes both), things that make a class unique (think healpets, wrangles, mongo), endgame choices instead of cookie cutter builds, immersive storytelling / lore (doesn't have to be insanely in-depth to be gripping.

Dislikes: levelling gaps that force you into grind / powerlevelling, repetitive quests (collect and return), being tied to a weaponline, classes that offer nothing to a team, overly easy content.

On a side note, I'm currently writing my first novel (post-apocalyptic fantasy) and have been recording my own music for over a decade (mostly instrumental / post-metal) so shout up if you'd like a hand with any plot brainstorming or maybe need some music writing, would be happy to help if any use.

Thank you MetalScar. Twinking is something that we cover, you have to collect bits and pieces of items and implents to get your new weapon on. Every thing you put on will give you a
    knowledge point, the points are based on a algorithm of all your stats. Instead of looking if you have enough Agility treatment etc, you just need to focus on KP. Example an implant that gives 2 strength and 3 PSI will give you 5 points. One of the biggest difference with CX is that there are no professions, they are all in perks. Just like in real life your not born as a engineer, you gain knowledge to become one. So if you put perks in to Engineering you get access to droids and mechanical things. Yet at the same time you can get perks in to other skills and abilities. Want to be a bio engineer dealing with alien DNA, sure put your perks in there to deal with the monsters in that manner.

When you have a online game like Anarchy Online, they need to keep you playing as long as possible to get subscription income. So theres why you have the grind. There will always be grind, but it has to make sense. Learning things in realife is also a grind, if you look at it that way, grinding for hours and hours for small things does not make sense.

I send you a PM about that last part.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Apr 25th, 2018 at 08:34:41.

I think Shroud of the Avatar is getting closer to what I want in a game.

A certain amount of effort that balances out, where you can skill into what interested you or re-train. Items made by players being the best and everyone has access to the components to make those things. (It does have quest reward items but they are 100% drop, not camping for a small % drop. Bleh).

However, it would be good to have the puzzle of twinking up added in.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12